Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my thoughts, I don’t think LEs comments were directed at GH at all because if they were, he’d have pulled his videos. He’s always clearly stated his reenactment videos are only his theory and no suspect is ever named. There’s other YouTube videos out there and how might any of those might lead to false tips? I do wonder if some re-enactments include a male acting out the role of BG. And people were reporting a person who resembles the actor? That’s my best guess.

Why would he pull any videos because LE says that ALL reenactments are wrong?

They clearly said "all" and that that's how they know nothing ever leaked. All reenactments are just the person's opinion since there are almost no facts that have been released so far. Just because someone says it on youtube doesn't mean it's true. Youtube is no different than any other social media, and people make money off of their videos, so that's another reason why they keep posting videos about true crime that are just full of speculation trying to sell it as "the truth". And yes, there are videos that "reenact" the case with "actors".

The people who post videos about crime are just like people who post their opinions here, just because they put their face in front of a camera and voice their opinion that way doesn't make it more true. The only difference is, if you post here, you will not make money off of your posts. ;)

I guess it might be reassuring to us that the cops DO NOT have to tell the absolute truth when talking about an investigation......they can let ideas "hang" out there, neither affirming nor denying......we don't know squat actually.........if they do, I hope its a winning strategy.....

30-somethingish female Iowan here. "Dude" and " guys" are gender and species neutral to me. I have said it to men, women, cats, dogs, horses, fish...

I don't think I would "Dude" an elderly person, but stranger things have happened.

Some of the "dudes", "guys", "y'all", etc is personal, too, and not generational or regional. I occasionally use "dudes" to mean a small group of people, but it's not like everyone around me does. Sometimes I call a group of girls "dudettes." My kids' friends laugh at me because nobody their age uses any derivative of "dude" at all. "Y'all" is commonly used around here, but there are also people I know who've never used it. Lots of folks around here use "people", as in "Come on, people, let's go!" None of those words (guys/dudes/y'all/people) are uncommon around here, but that doesn't mean that everyone uses them-just as it doesn't mean that nobody does.

I'm not sure how long I've been collecting "quotes" here, but I'll try to get rid of any that are totally out of context now. (I think some are from 2 or 3 threads ago).

totally agree with you.
My guess is, since it's seems the perp is a younger person, that
the vehicle in question could be titled to a son and parent.
Son and parent must be covering for each other OR LE has
only spoken to parent. Maybe son was away at school and
parents lawyered up and won't allow son to speak w/ LE.
That's just my hunch.
I really don't think they have enough info about the car to know who the registered owner is, but if it was the son of the owner who had been driving it that day, the parents wouldn't have much to say about whether or not LE talked to him; if he was old enough to drive more than 2 years ago, he would be over 18 now and a legal adult. I believe they got a tip, or more than one, about the car fairly early on, and that was why they said that he hadn't parked by the cemetery - I don't have a link for that, but I know it was at least a year ago that it was said (I think it was by LE).

Didn’t LE say the video re-enactments were not correct? Where did I hear that?
I've always disagreed with GH's reenactment, but I've always been told that he has inside information so I was wrong. I hope we find out for sure before too much longer.

I'm sorry; I don't know how to carry a quote over from a previous thread. I just snipped and pasted the above.

It was me who wrote that LE said the re-enactments were not correct. That was back in Thread #87. Here was the post:

I have seen some of Gray's videos and have found them to be very helpful in visualizing the way the crime may have unfolded.

However, Indiana State Police Sgt. Jerry Holeman has made an interesting comment about the reenactment videos. I don't know if he is referring to the videos made by Gray or by Anthony Greeno or by someone else (or by all of them).

Here's what Sargent Holeman said: “The videos help us know that people don’t know the true details, because the facts haven’t been released,” Holeman says. “People watch the news and think they are picking up on things, but it’s false. Nothing out there is accurate, which only leads to more false tips.”

In addressing concerns that police have held back too many details on such a high-profile case, Holeman said that is standard protocol for ongoing investigations. He said, "We do that so when we get key evidence, only the killer or killers know the cause of death. We don’t release it to the media because then everyone and their brother would know, and it’s common to get false confessions from mentally disturbed people. So we’re trying to keep the details close to our vests.”

Why Police Have Not Released Details on the Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana

Choochoobella, Feb 20, 2019Report
Thank you! I've been trying to keep this in mind when I develop theories. Of course, saying that a video is not accurate doesn't mean that the entire thing is inaccurate.

Some of the "dudes", "guys", "y'all", etc is personal, too, and not generational or regional. I occasionally use "dudes" to mean a small group of people, but it's not like everyone around me does. Sometimes I call a group of girls "dudettes." My kids' friends laugh at me because nobody their age uses any derivative of "dude" at all. "Y'all" is commonly used around here, but there are also people I know who've never used it. Lots of folks around here use "people", as in "Come on, people, let's go!" None of those words (guys/dudes/y'all/people) are uncommon around here, but that doesn't mean that everyone uses them-just as it doesn't mean that nobody does.
Around here it seems to be mainly guys and peeps.

All MOO

I've always disagreed with GH's reenactment, but I've always been told that he has inside information so I was wrong. I hope we find out for sure before too much longer.

That's another problem, anybody on the internet can claim they have inside info or all kinds of other things, doesn't matter if it's here, on FB, Twitter, other social media or youtube. None of it is even expert opinion. Unless it comes from former FBI agents, etc., and even then it's just an opinion.

That's another problem, anybody on the internet can claim they have inside info or all kinds of other things, doesn't matter if it's here, on FB, Twitter, other social media or youtube. None of it is even expert opinion. Unless it comes from former FBI agents, etc., and even then it's just an opinion.

I think that's been my main problem with his videos. I take them as interesting information to supplement other interesting information that I know, but I don't consider them to be official so there's always a big grain of salt with them. There are those who follow his videos like they're the gospel and that things MUST have happened that way, but at the end of the day I figure he's just a layperson who's still just coming up with theories like the rest of us.

Regarding phrases in Kentucky: y'all. If there are a few y'alls it becomes "all of y'all".

Same goes for most states bordering Kentucky. (Ohio, West Virginia, but what about, IN?) I haven't spent much time at all there? Does the same hold true?

This is probably a very, very stupid question, and one that may have been addressed previously, but how do LE know with certainty that BG is THE suspect? Is it because he was the only other person known to be on the bridge with them? Or are we to assume that there is more unreleased video footage of that specific individual on the phone (and potentially footage of that person actually committing the crime, as horrible a thought that is)?

Again, stupid question probably

If there is the footage of him committing the crime, the only thing exonerating LE from arresting YBG two years ago might be the fact that he masqueraded so well. The voice, however, the voice that they want the people of Delphi to recognize, because there are some peculiarities in it, didn’t the LEs recognize it two years ago?

I think the clue is different, not the footage. A cross between DNA and more mundane facts.

I said this in the last thread, but Ronnie Dean Busick killed Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman (teenagers). First murders and, as far as I know, the only time he killed.

Ernest Broadnax killed Lynn Seethaler and Janice Pietropola (teenagers) in 1973. Also first murders.

Cary Stayner's first murders were of 3 women (2 teenagers and 1 adult).

Holly Marie Wells and Jessica Aimee Chapman (10 years old) in 2002, England. Keith Pryer's first, and only murders.

There are more.
It was Ian Huntley who murdered Jessica and
Holly.

I think it less regional than generational. If you are under 30 maybe, it is neutral
I agree.
I hear this being used regularly by younger teachers and youth workers and Sunday school teachers but not so much by older ones.

LE should have said "our investigation has uncovered a person of interest that looks like this. Did anyone see this guy at the trail that day? We believe him to be intimately familiar with Delphi and therefore, someone here in Delphi knows him. We need to talk to him. I need his name. I'll be waiting on the call. Good night."

When the reporters all started stammering "what about the first sketch?", LE should have responded, "we are on the right track. We need a name. Show the public the sketch and tell them I want a name and I will be at my office waiting for the call. Go, do your job. Quickly. " And, then walked away from the microphone.

My own thoughts are that they do not need public help to identify this person,they know who he is.
I think they could be speaking to the person/people alibying him .
Or they need to know exactly who was driving the car.Was there more than one person?

Last edited:
I hear

My own thoughts are that they do not need public help to identify this person,they know who he is.
I think they could be speaking to the person/people alibying him .
Or they need to know exactly who was driving the car.Was there more than one person?

I believe they know who he is as well and perhaps parents or others are covering for him. I don’t believe there was more than one person...I think LE would have mentioned this if true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member