Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marisab67

marisab67 Well-Known Member

Now we’re cooking with gas!

JDough, DancingMuse, Stella8 and 11 others like this.
  2. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

If they are in fact looking for the car it could have "accidentally"
    had sugar put in gas tank and is now a heap of flattened metal
    and on it's way to China.
    My understanding of PC was that they were looking for the DRIVER of said car, not the car itself.
    Seems they already have proof of car being at an important parking site
    on day of murders, but no one can say or saw who was driving it.

3. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

BOOM! Pretty much when questioned a parent or someone covered with a false alibi or was unaware someone borrowed the car w/o permission so played along, Yes, it was...or no, my car wasn't there that day it's impossible I was at work here, with many witnesses.

4. sleuthermelb

sleuthermelb Member

How do you know this?

5. SilentRogue

SilentRogue On Time Out

What does BBM mean?

kkdj likes this.
  6. sassyblue

sassyblue Well-Known Member

Bolded by me

susiQ and cody22 like this.
  7. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

I’m not so sure they know anything about the actual vehicle other than someone saying they think they saw a vehicle parked there that day

Hence they almost surely have no idea who was driving it

It leads me to believe that likely they need this tip to even focus on a particular poi

Also I’m beginning to doubt highly that they have actual DNA evidence connected to BG

I think many of the samples from the crime seen were taken with the hopes of being able to extract dna of the killer.

I also think many of the dna samples from people interviewed etc were taken to compare at a later date if they were able to develop A dna profile of the killer from the crime scene.

As it stands today I think them having any significant dna evidence is highly unlikely

The piece they are looking for is to ID a vehicle and driver by local tips

I think we can read between the lines

I like that they are focused in on local residents, as I have always felt the key to this case lied in a particular connection to an individual that was very familiar to that bridge and the area surrounding it.

I think this case will be solved but probably not in the next few weeks

All speculation by me
    Jmo

8. SilentRogue

SilentRogue On Time Out

That press conference, releasing a two year old sketch, asking the public for information, was something you do on day one - not day 780. The information they gave, (offender told someone, works, lives, used to live in the area, may be following the investigation, could have been interviewed in the past) was a basic profile of a small town murderer.

The police officer, Carter, was emotional - not empowered. He was disappointed to be on that podium, announcing to anyone who was paying attention, that they were starting st square one.

9. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

Bolded By Me

cody22 likes this.
  10. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

In other words, this is speculation and opinion on your part ?......moo

JDough, Confusion, Gumbeaux and 10 others like this.
  11. Wells

Wells Well-Known Member

I had another what if moment. The coffee is strong this morning and doing it's job. Let's say Suspect John Doe has a deep hatred for those he is closest to (for whatever reason). What if Suspect John Doe DELIBERATELY borrowed a vehicle from Alibi Jane Doe, HOPING it would throw suspicion on the Alibi.

DancingMuse, Aqua, pepper 34 and 7 others like this.
  12. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

My guess is more recently, like not long before the PC. Maybe he got a "tip" that things were heating up in the investigation. I think he felt quite comfortable and felt "protected" by LE following a "dead end". Well, it's not dead anymore and it's leading right to his front door now. CCC is not so comfortable now :) Maybe he's got a burn barrel on the property to burn his trash? JMHO

13. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

I’m not sure it’s fair to say they are starting at square one.

They have thousands of pages of investigative material that they now have at their fingertips

Different direction absolutely

Square one not so much

14. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I felt the same way and have been reading around different sites what people are saying but it is all rumor so can't quote. IMO though it's possible that the #1 sketch guy was maybe found, arrested, tested and cleared of being the killer? Maybe this vagrant guy was also spotted by numerous witnesses the day of the murders? He could have given LE a tip that helped turn them in the right direction? His info could have possibly matched the sketch #2 witnesses account of things. AJMO

15. SilentRogue

SilentRogue On Time Out

Opinion, yes. Speculation, no.

16. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

I think #1 sketch guy (which is actually the second sketch done 5 months later) was supposed to be the "fall guy" because of his "sketchy" past (pun intended). But, of course, he wasn't the perp for this crime and the DNA would have showed that. What perplexes me is that they didn't shift gears right then and there, and go back to the sketch done 3 days after the murders. Makes me want to scream :)

janewall and Invisible like this.
  17. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Additionally, as mentioned before, even IF they’re starting back at square one so to speak, they clearly indicated they would do this if this what they ever needed to do.

Pulling quote.

Signed,
    Magz
    (Obsessive quote puller)

Eta:
    One Year Later: Why the Delphi case isn't cold

“Although a year has passed since the murders of Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams, Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter says he will not let the case go cold before their killer is found.

“I’ve said all along, as long as I’m in this role and breathing, we’re not leaving the City of Delphi in Carroll County, Indiana, we’re just not, said Carter. And if we get to the point where we have exhausted the leads that we currently have in the queue then we’re going to start all over again.”

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  18. ilovechili

ilovechili Where is the wiKKed witch? Will Oct. bring her?

BBM. I could not agree more, it makes for the best of discussions when all respect other's opinions and want to actively discuss various thoughts and the questions that exist and guess at what evidence they may have, how close they are to an arrest, etc. I, like others, can barely keep up with this thread.

The PC had that effect without a doubt. It is back in the forefront of people's thoughts. That is a good thing!

19. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

This is interesting in hindsight.

From April 2017:
    “People will now have to access the High Bridge and its surrounding trails from the west end of Freedom Bridge, Corson said.

“It’s further. It certainly is,” Dan McCain, chairman of Delphi Historic Trails and president of the Wabash & Erie Canal Association, said in a telephone interview April 4 when asked about the distance.”

Also, noting this:

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    JDough, ShHolmz, PaulaDC and 9 others like this.
  20. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

bolded by me

margarita25 and cody22 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.