Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IQuestion

IQuestion Well-Known Member

Oh yes CHARLOT123 You have just explained via "mind meld" exactly what I was trying to put in words earlier!!! The vehicle and the driver are probably on camera, eyewitness, store video etc...all over the area... except for 5 hours of no movement/documentation that day. How many times have we encountered cases in which the perp's cell phone was "conveniently turned off during the commission of a crime" in order to stop their activities from being tracked via cell towers?
    OH GEESH...I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING...what if the perp intially took Libby's cell phone with him to throw off investigators....ie, "Libby's GF stating the cell phone pings were bouncing all over town" and then when he " later joined the search, took the cell phone with him and dropped Libby's cell phone back in the search area??? (Again, a killer taking a cell phone and sending fake texts to make it seem the victim was still alive, from other cases we have followed, is not so strange. Devious, but not unique.) My head is throwing off sparks of "what- if-scenarios" that would explain what we have been told in MSM and pressers. That's all I've got...more caffeine and aspirins please.

2. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

I thought by “badge”, you were implying that he was pretending to be law enforcement.

I’m just saying that threatening them with a weapon, is far more likely than some sort of ruse.

Bobsten, Sunny123, pepper 34 and 12 others like this.
  3. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Thank you it is very good.

So I wonder if he ran/jogged to the old CPS building? You can easily take off the coat and wrap it around your waist, and who looks at joggers?

neesaki, IQuestion, cody22 and 4 others like this.
  4. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

Do you have any links to the news report? Is this a Q13 Fox David Rose, Washington's Most Wanted Case?

SeattleStew and DancingMuse like this.
  5. MassGuy

I look at joggers who are wearing jeans. :p

6. Boro55

Boro55 Active Member

well if that is what you might have thought, imagine what 2 teen girls would think as well?

MOO

crhedBngr, pepper 34, callyn and 2 others like this.
  7. MassGuy

So you don’t think he had a gun, and used a badge instead?

8. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

I think they thought monster with a weapon and complied, and were frightened

no need for a ruse IMO

ETA to clarify

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    8paws, Sunny123, Tillicum and 16 others like this.
  9. Matic

Matic Well-Known Member

I'm the same way with hikers 2 miles from the trailhead. Like..o_O

marisab67, neesaki, pepper 34 and 6 others like this.
  10. Boro55

Boro55 Active Member

Everyone is entitled to their own Opinions!
    that is what makes WS great!

I think the gun was the last resort.

MOO

11. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

yeah that would maybe make one suspicious IMO

12. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Thank you. Great map!
    MOO it occurred to me looking at the map that the killer could have planned the back of the cemetery as a transfer destination.

Why was the crime so fast?
    Why leave the vehicle at CPS?

MOO a parked vehicle would draw attention at the cemetery from anyone there paying respects. I think they would naturally want to see the person from the vehicle and the grave they were visiting, or be mad if it looked like someone using the cemetery as trail parking.
    The drive through the cemetery loop gives the driver complete 360 view of any vehicle or people nearby.
    The CPS parking lot looks like an unofficial "locals know" MHB trailhead parking area.

MOO possible that his idea was to bring the girls to the back of the cemetery, bind and gag them, go back for his vehicle, drive to cemetery and transfer victims to the vehicle. And leave east into rural secondary roads.

13. IQuestion

IQuestion Well-Known Member

Hey there NEESAKI.... a runner? Excellent thought process. My hubby is a runner and the one thing I know, is he can still tell you his fastest time. For him, distance is measured in time, ie, "I can run 7 minute miles for 2 and a half hours." Perhaps other posters who are runners can give us an estimate of how much time it would take them to get from High bridge to the abandoned building if they were in a big hurry?

JDough, ilovechili, neesaki and 5 others like this.
  14. zencompass

zencompass May today be the day. Justice for Abby and Libby.

I've always thought it was a hunting knife that he pulled out of his pocket quickly.

Just my opinion.

8paws, sassyblue, neesaki and 13 others like this.
  15. MassGuy

I agree. I think that was the murder weapon, and I’m convinced that he was armed with a knife, at a bare minimum.

8paws, sassyblue, neesaki and 16 others like this.
  16. AgeofAquaruis

Maybe that's what the Shack Reference is about.
    The Shack tip was maybe a red herring to throw LE off,and have them search a shack that has no connection whatsoever to this case,but would be just be believable enough,because the tip came from a seemingly respectable source.

17. ocgrad

ocgrad Well-Known Member

These are photos I posted 2 yrs ago. They are clipped from a video. You can see the immediate hill at the end of the bridge that LE thoroughly investigated. They were parked on the road that turns into a private drive. In the second photo you can see where that location is at the end of the bridge, it is between the bridge and the road. There did not appear to be this kind of scrutiny at the other end so I believe this shows which end LE felt the abduction took place.
    Also there is a video Julie Melvin did as soon as LE was gone where she walked down the hill (there was fresh black dirt almost as if LE had scooped up dirt and leaves).

18. zencompass

zencompass May today be the day. Justice for Abby and Libby.

The split second when Abby and Libby saw the threatening object, I believe their brains went instantly into "freeze" at the shock of this.

When we think of "fight or flight", sometimes we forget about "freeze".

In the split-second as the girls began to process this shock, the perpetrator had no problem of "freeze" as he planned the next split-second. And the next...

Excerpts from article (below):

"...freeze response, which adds a crucial dimension to how you’re likely to react when the situation confronting you overwhelms your coping capacities and leaves you paralyzed in fear."

"...You feel utterly helpless: neither fight nor flight is viable, and there’s no one on the scene to rescue you."

"Keep in mind that if you’re a small child, your developmental capacity to protect yourself is markedly limited."

"Once you grow up, though, and your size, strength, cognitive development and emotional resources far transcend what you possessed as a child, your capability of dealing with ominous forces is far greater than it was earlier, when you felt profoundly more vulnerable.

Trauma and the Freeze Response: Good, Bad, or Both?"

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  19. AgeofAquaruis

Ted Bundy used a fake badge as 'Officer Roselund' to trick his victims. It worked quite well for him.
    MOO.

20. MassGuy

Yes, but Bundy used it in public places, not in the middle of the woods.

8paws, sassyblue, neesaki and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.