Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ocgrad

ocgrad Well-Known Member

She didn't live in that house, she lived on that road. About a mile south.

2. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

I've never seen a boat in those waters. In some parts of it, the creek literally barely covers my ankles while, in other parts, it's up to my waist.

3. FinePrint

FinePrint Well-Known Member

Flannel Shirt Guy

4. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

I have know idea ? If it’s from a church newsletter, I would assume it violates TOS unless approved by a mod

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    IceIce9, 8paws, Sunny123 and 6 others like this.
  5. Mind your biscuits

Mind your biscuits Well-Known Member

6. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I’m 100% certain MSM did not state FSG saw BG.

FSG saw people on the trail but he didn’t even arrive at the pickup location until 3:14pm. We don’t know what time any other people were in the area but as the girls were on the bridge at 2:07 when the Snapchat photo was taken, every one of them could’ve arrived well after the murderer came and left.

7. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

It's just a part of their monthly church newsletter, written by the pastor. I have no clue why this column is a letter to "mom and dad" (whose mom and dad? The pastor's??), but there's another one in this newsletter (and probably all of them, did not check): http://www.delphiumc.org/hp_wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/APRIL-2017-NEWSLETTER.pdf

8paws, JDough, ilovechili and 6 others like this.
  8. janewall

janewall Well-Known Member

and

Both of these posts play into a feeling I've had about "why these two girls?" We have very little information about the motive behind their killings.

I know Han's post with its suggestion of meddling bothered at least one poster, but I think what is meant is "perceived by BG as meddling." I don't think it means to suggest that Abby and Libby did anything wrong, anything that could remotely justify violence toward them – and let's be clear, murder is ALWAYS beyond the pale.

But maybe they were behaving like little girls, inclined to the silliness of inexperience no matter how smart or well-behaved they were, playing at something they didn't really understand had much larger stakes for BG. Maybe they knew or had seen something he didn't want them to know – or he thought they did. So whether he would define it as meddling, or snooping, or interfering, or pestering ... maybe he was extremely annoyed with them, and felt super threatened by what he thought they knew.

I played detective when I was that age. (Probably everyone here did. :p ) I also heard gossip, filed it away in my mind, and occasionally contributed tidbits, about people I didn't even know – I knew 'of' them, but they were older, or ran in different circles, and may or may not have been aware of my existence.

I knew of unlawful or deviant actions by some adults and older kids that most responsible adults think no child should be exposed to – but of course they are, all the time. Illicit relationships, adults grooming children, drug deals, property crimes – things that adolescents don't necessarily understand can cost the doers their jobs or lead to prison sentences, and they certainly don't comprehend the power dynamics in play. If I had blabbed about this information to the wrong person, or teased those involved, or said "I'm gonna tell", there could have been much more serious consequences for them and myself than any child who didn't live with violence could envision.

So I wonder if Abby and Libby had stumbled upon an illegal or supremely embarrassing situation related to BG, regardless of whether they understood it – and if that is the answer to "why them?" as well as "why?"

ChiCubs2016, 8paws, MJPeony and 12 others like this.
  9. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

I believe LE is well aware of all these possibilities in your post and been "tipped" many times....moo

10. ocgrad

ocgrad Well-Known Member

Both FSG and CE said they saw the couple. I believe CE said she saw a man also. I don't recall FSG saying he saw anything other than the couple.
    The bridge is long, you cross the creek just after you start from the North end, then cross over a densely wooded area, then the road and come to the South end. I don't really think you can see people on the road under the South end from the North. That's why I think the couple FSG referred to was at the creek. Like they had gone down the creek trail through the Nature area to the creek and could be seen from up above at the North end of the bridge. But that's because I don't believe FSG crossed the bridge.

11. FinePrint

FinePrint Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't believe I have even heard that FSG saw BG. I did hear that a female witness claimed to have seen the "suspect' and was wearing a scarf.

12. Mind your biscuits

Mind your biscuits Well-Known Member

Wait, flannel shirt guy FSG OR first sketch guy FSG I'm seeing too many FSG's imo lol

13. Wells

Wells Well-Known Member

I realize they both said they saw a couple but since I couldn't find where FSG saw the couple, or if they were a different couple than the couple CE saw, I didn't put the ones FSG referred to on the map.

sassyblue, zencompass, ocgrad and 3 others like this.
  14. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

I don't think he needed a fake badge or a ruse to get them to comply. All he needed to do was threaten them with a weapon.

8paws, sassyblue, Sunny123 and 11 others like this.
  15. Alisajo

Alisajo Well-Known Member

You can canoe/kayak from Camden to Delphi, see attached photo's title.

Attached Files:

16. JenniD

JenniD Well-Known Member

Ok. Then I will leave it at that

17. 7%Reichenbach

7%Reichenbach In the toe of a Persian slipper...

I am pretty sure the Cheyenne time is off by an hour. I want to say Gray Hughes and his excellent crime flow video is where I got 3:49 or 3:47 from. Interesting though I hadn't heard of all the other potential witnesses there that day.

18. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

Nice sleuthing...You did good...moo

19. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

BG canoeing in February on deer creek on his way to and from a crime scene

I’m not sure it’s very likely

20. Wells

Wells Well-Known Member

Families of Abby and Libby take FOX59 through final hours of the Delphi teens

zencompass, IQuestion, susiQ and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.