Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #150 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a really tough case to begin with. Then add the public pressure to DO SOMETHING and you get a lot of confirmation bias in LE and knee jerk reactions and desperate rabbit holes.

I'm not sure if they employed a good criminal profiler, but they should have. The "POI" that have been bandied about honestly have no rhyme or reason from a profiling perspective.
This dude is the only one i have seen that makes actual sense from a profiling standpoint (with TK possibly coming in second).
But that doesn't really help you find the person of you have nothing else to go on.
I think LE didn't give the public enough info and that BAFFLES me. If he had a gun to subdue them, then SAY SO! GOSH that would've been helpful. What clothing was missing? What in earth wouldn't they release that info? The tips they could've gotten just from that alone would have been so helpful.

I don't care how educated or experienced you are in investigations, if you don't have the "it" factor or the "nack" for it, you won't be very good at your job. And i assure you most that do it, don't have the nack for it. And the ones that do are usually ignored or pushed aside for more conventional methodology. The problem is that when the same old methods don't render results, then those without a nack for it are lost. That's how we get so many cold cases.
Good post,and I agree on most points, they ABSOLUTELY should've released more info , they could have released everything but maybe 1 fact that would still wean out any fraudulent information coming in not doing so when the case, was in its earliest stages.. understandable, years after...I feel you are risking more by not revealing more than sitting on it .

I've cited cases, one in particular , where police not releasing how a victim was killed left a cold case murder unsolved for almost 20 years till a cold case team released that info, and I believe that was done accidentally , then it sparked something in a witnesses memory, that lead to a conviction.

As for a profiler, ill say most likely as soon as the FBI was brought in they will usually have them look at the case, especially a case with this type of gravity

And again you are not wrong, about detectives, however, when a case occurs in an area where there are very little to no murders cases they are just inexperienced with them, which is often why the FBI is brought in.

Cases however , go cold for numerous reasons, sometimes they are literally out of anymore info, and the best they can do is start over looking at what they have , sometimes, you find something ... sometimes, you don't .

I wonder if the turning point for this case has something to do with the Yellow (now Yubo) app. The ISP updated the a_shots account info to add the Yellow SM platform back in April of this year. We don't see that app mentioned in any of the earlier affidavits or mentioned in the 2020 KAK interview, but only 6 months after that release, we have an arrest.

KG has also said she had L's SM passwords. Maybe L had a secret Yellow account and RA found her there. Or maybe A did. When LE gave that Yellow update, it was still regarding a_shots, though, so maybe there is still a link to that account, whether through KAK or not. IDK.

An online connection is still not out of the question for me. JMO.

Last edited:
“Both families are expected to speak at a news conference with Indiana State Police on Monday morning.”

I can’t imagine what Abby and Libby’s families must be going through, it must be so incredibly hard for them. The press conference is going to be very emotional to watch. I really wish Tulessa who is a much missed member of Websleuths, who very sadly passed away in 2020 was still with us to see an arrest be made and the press conference tomorrow. Tulessa followed Abbey and Libby’s case from the beginning, she was a very kind Lady who cared a great deal about victims and them getting justice. I’m sure she would be so pleased that the alleged perpetrator has been arrested for the tragic deaths of Abbey and Libby.

“We also believe this person is from Delphi, currently or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis or works here,” “We believe you are hiding in plain sight.” "We have a witness. You made mistakes. We are coming for you, and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls," Carter said” - Press conference April 2019.

It will be such a relief to hopefully hear ISP Superintendent Carter finally say Today is the day. We got him. So much of what he said above when he spoke directly to Abbey and Libby’s killer during the April 2019 press conference appears to be accurate. I’m sure Abby and Libby’s case has also taken an emotional toll on the members of law enforcement who have been involved in the investigation over the past five and a half years. There must be a great deal of anger that someone who was part of the community, who served the community and who the community trusted with their prescriptions has allegedly betrayed them by allegedly committing an evil, despicable crime killing two innocent teenagers and he has allegedly deceived everyone this whole time.

<modsnip - quoted post was deleted>

I really wish it was known who killed Elizabeth and Lyric and whoever is responsible is held accountable for their deaths. I’m sure investigators will be looking into RA’s past in great depth and detail to try and trace all the places where he has lived, worked and traveled to see if it is possible he has possibly allegedly killed any other victims. It is difficult to believe that he has never killed before and that he was brazen enough to tragically kill two teenage girls during the daytime having never killed anyone before. I wonder if he is a hunter and what weapons he had.

Last edited by a moderator:
This could be! And I wonder if it's a union job. Knowing the pay scale could have driven him to go from a clerk to a pharmacy technician. It may have been significant.
Plus, it may have given people in town more trust in him. He wasn't just ringing people up at the register. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
moo
I wonder if he was mixing any prescriptions. I shudder at that thought!
I wonder if he was stealing any of the prescription drugs. After all, he was probably working in the back with the pharmacists and had access to scheduled drugs.

RBBM

Late to the party. Multiple cousins are different sorts of pharmacists.

Pharmacy techs do not mix/prepare/compound prescriptions. Count pills, yes, measure liquids, yes, compounding no.

A community/retail pharmacy like a CVS store may not do any compounding at all. Compounding pharmacies usually don't advertise much, your doctor's office sends you there.

Up thread, another poster told us about a case where a pharmacy tech kept the prescriptions of customers after their deaths -- and sold their prescribed medications! Sounds potentially lucrative imho.

And, up thread yet another poster said that they work in a retail/community pharmacy as a manager -- and became certified as a pharmacy tech as well. Easy to see how this could help the store in multiple situations, including bad weather or a pandemic.

Otherwise, jmho ymmv lrr

Another option would be that KAK was talking to RA online and didn't know RA's real identity. He could've given RA details that the girls would be at MHB but couldn't really identify RA to LE to save his @ss. He probably couldn't remember the exact profile name that RA used as he (KAK) deleted his accounts. Maybe that's why it took LE so long to try and identify LE since making the KAK / A_S connection.
That makes sense!

I am currently thinking that KAK lured the girls to the bridge that day for RA. It's entirely possible KAK didn't know who RA was except online. My current hunch is KAK was the tech guy who was communicating with Libby and putting her in place for RA to attack. Gross.

I'm not ready to drop KAK's involvement, but of course am awaiting info from LE. (I am half-expecting we still won't know much after Monday.)

jmo

From this article:

I have pulled this quote and bolded a key phrase:

"whoever was using that profile the day Libby and her friend, Abby Williams, were murdered, had plans to meet Libby on a trail near Delphi that same day and ended up being one of the last people to talk with the teen before she and Abby were killed."

I've thought about this a lot with these questions:
  • Did the person utilizing the AS account know Abby would be coming with Libby? Or did they believe Libby was coming alone?
  • When exactly did the person utilizing the AA account receive confirmation that Libby would be coming to the bridge?
Both of these questions focus on the potential planning of this horrible crime...and possibly how this evil doer eluded capture for so long. If he knew that two potential victims would be together and he knew this well in advance, I think he could have used that to his advantage coming up with scenarios to control them (threatening one to control them both), harm them and move them. MOO

Also MOO, over the years I've thought about this as a crime of opportunity which seemed very far fetched (but not impossible) for a single individual to attack two teens in the spur of the moment.

Maybe we will get confirmation tomorrow on whether the evil killer had been planning this for some time. If the alleged perp is the father of a daughter, he would likely kniw at Libby's she would bring a friend and possibly that is what he was hoping for. Additionally, my own experience is that at that age, plans can be made and changed very frequently ("chickening out", relying on someone else to drive, etc) so perhaps this wasn't the first meet up planned - just the first that really happened, giving the alleged prep plenty of time to plan his attack.

All speculation MOO.

Glad that there has been an arrest in this case. Since the murder of the girls, probably all children in the area have been tethered to their backyard. No hikes allowed, or freedom of being a kid.

Just stay "safe" and stay in the house playing on the computer...

I wonder if the perpetrator had arranged to meet another young girl? And was caught?

if I’m reading this article correctly they recovered the clothing pieces that were missing from the scene. I think they’ve also recovered direct evidence either from the home or devices of RA.

It will be interesting to see if RA was in fact questioned early on in the investigation. My thoughts following the April 22, 2019 PC was that they had missed something early on in the investigation and were shifting gears. It was said that the person responsible was among them, watching, perhaps IN the room. I don’t have the link at the moment, so MOO.
Can’t wait to hear how long they have suspected him.
Who will ever forget Doug Carter's message to the killer in that presser:

“ To the killer who may be in this room – We believe you are hiding in plain sight. For more than two years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy, but we have. We likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. We know that this is about power to you and you want to know what we know, and one day you will. The question to you - what will those closest to you think of when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls – two children. Only a coward would do such a thing. We are confident that you have told someone what you have done, or at the very least, they know because of how different you are since the murders”.

if I’m reading this article correctly they recovered the clothing pieces that were missing from the scene. I think they’ve also recovered direct evidence either from the home or devices of RA.
I didn’t see anything like that in the article. This is what the article says:

“The warrant offered no further detail on what the souvenir was, although it did say that 'the rest of (the girls') clothing was recovered,' implying that the killer had taken something they'd been wearing.”

Who will ever forget Doug Carter's message to the killer in that presser:

“ To the killer who may be in this room – We believe you are hiding in plain sight. For more than two years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy, but we have. We likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. We know that this is about power to you and you want to know what we know, and one day you will. The question to you - what will those closest to you think of when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls – two children. Only a coward would do such a thing. We are confident that you have told someone what you have done, or at the very least, they know because of how different you are since the murders”.

I haven't forgotten. I don't even need to hit the play button to hear Carter's voice say those words.

jmo

I hope that if he is guilty then he confesses because I wouldn’t want the families to go though the hell of a trial that will likely go on months and then to have all the gory details laid out to the public on top.

It may well be what you say, that he grew accustomed to seeing the posters and it didn't faze him.

It would certainly be difficult, in such a small town, to avoid seeing them in every conceivable setting.

IMO it may also be that he thoroughly enjoyed seeing sketches of himself under the very noses of the whole town, without anyone realizing that it was him.
A power trip, an ego trip, a sense of superiority.

Perhaps a sense of relief as the days and years rolled by, believing that if no one figured it out by now, that he'd committed the perfect crime and gotten away with it.

But his day has come. Thank God.
JMO, and I’m sure it’s exactly as you say here.I can imagine he felt a sort of satisfaction at fooling everybody. I’d also imagine it would have to leak out of him somewhere. Some leaks from the suspect more or less provocative than others. I’m still wondering about multiple SM posts mentioning ‘Richard’ in early 2020. And a bridge photo in 2018. JMO. There’s probably more ‘coincidences’ that will be uncovered, some along the lines mentioned by DC. Pardon my vagueness, TOS and all.
MOO, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member