IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teen girls are often flattered to pose for pics. maybe he pretended to be a photographer taking scenic shots- maybe really had a camera on his person.
imo, speculation

I would say kids these days are more "street smart" than the kids in the past. They might not physically walk these streets anymore, but they have youtube and see far more things than the last generation. The internet has brought with it a wealth of instantly available information that was not available before. The puppy story is so old. I know my 9 year old is on to basically any sob story. The candy story, the "moms in an accident come with me story" etc. When these things were fresh and new, it tripped kids up. But these days? I really don't think so. You'd have to come up with something really original in my mind.

I found it in the Newton County Sheriff's Office page (also on a relative's page, to one of the girls)
https://m.facebook.com/Newton-County-Sheriffs-Office-590519011044153/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

beg5f9.jpg

Best I can get

LINK

I certainly hope LE has strong leads in this case and will actually solve these murders. This case reminds me so much of Don Henry and Kevin Ives, two teenage boys run over by a train after their murdered bodies were laid on the tracks in a town outside Little Rock (Bryant).

This August will be 30 years since their murders and they still haven't been solved. In addition to suspicions of people in power being to blame, there was also a mysterious man seen in the area that was a viable lead yet nothing ever came of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was just thinking about those two boys yesterday. :(

I hope these murders are solved soon! Poor babies :(

If this pic is the guy, what an amazing break...we often are not so lucky...he likely didn't see the camera imo.

I was just thinking about those two boys yesterday. :(

I hope these murders are solved soon! Poor babies :(

I think about them nearly every day. The train tracks they were laid on run about 1 mile from my house. Nearly every night, when the trains go by blowing their whistle, I think about those two boys and how scared they must have been.

Trying to catch up...am I right that there's been no real new news since last night? Have they confirmed "officially" that it was foul play? I can't believe the trail cam guy still hasn't called in to the police yet...either he's an old-fashioned woodsy type with no tv or internet (or fell asleep as soon as he got home and is...still asleep? lol), or he's done the awful thing himself. If so, how incredible that we got a photo.

Trying to catch up...am I right that there's been no real new news since last night? Have they confirmed "officially" that it was foul play? I can't believe the trail cam guy still hasn't called in to the police yet...either he's an old-fashioned woodsy type with no tv or internet (or fell asleep as soon as he got home and is...still asleep? lol), or he's done the awful thing himself. If so, how incredible that we got a photo.

They said it's a double homicide, so yeah, foul play.

Here's my best transcription of the Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center poster:

Situation: The Indiana State Police and Carroll County Sheriff's Department are requesting law enforcement assistance in identifying the individual in the below photographs.

Two bodies found in the woods east of Delphi in Carroll County have been positively identified as Abigail J. Williams, 13 of Delphi and Liberty Rose Lynn German, 14 of Delphi. They were reported missing on Monday, February 13, 2017. The bodies were discovered about 12:15 p.m. on February 14, 2017 in the woods near the Deer Creek by volunteers helping in the search for the missing girls. The families have been notified.

The victims were last seen alive around 1:00 pm Monday, February 13, 2017 when they were dropped off close to the Manon (not sure about this word) High Bridge near Delphi, Indiana. The images below are from a video taken in the area.

Anyone with information leading to the identification of the below individual should contact the Indiana State Police at (765) 567-2125 or Carroll County Sheriff's Department (765) 564-2413.

I can only read some of the very bottom text. "This information should be considered LAW ENFORCEMENT (cant read). Further distribution of this document ......" Not sure after that really.

Here's my best transcription of the Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center poster:

Situation: The Indiana State Police and Carroll County Sheriff's Department are requesting law enforcement assistance in identifying the individual in the below photographs.

Two bodies found in the woods east of Delphi in Carroll County have been positively identified as Abigail J. Williams, 13 of Delphi and Liberty Rose Lynn German, 14 of Delphi. They were reported missing on Monday, February 13, 2017. The bodies were discovered about 12:15 p.m. on February 14, 2017 in the woods near the Deer Creek by volunteers helping in the search for the missing girls. The families have been notified.

The victims were last seen alive around 1:00 pm Monday, February 13, 2017 when they were dropped off close to the Manon (not sure about this word) High Bridge near Delphi, Indiana. The images below are from a video taken in the area.

Anyone with information leading to the identification of the below individual should contact the Indiana State Police at (765) 567-2125 or Carroll County Sheriff's Department (765) 564-2413.

I can only read some of the very bottom text. "This information should be considered LAW ENFORCEMENT (cant read). Further distribution of this document ......" Not sure after that really.

Monon High Bridge

https://www.indianalandmarks.org/endangered-property/monon-high-bridge/

KayElJay has a new thread all ready for you - please begin to move over to Thread #2. This one will close shortly. thanks

With the rather fast discovery of the bodies, the small-town community, and the photo.....I was expecting to come here and read about an arrest.

:(

I would say kids these days are more "street smart" than the kids in the past. They might not physically walk these streets anymore, but they have youtube and see far more things than the last generation. The internet has brought with it a wealth of instantly available information that was not available before. The puppy story is so old. I know my 9 year old is on to basically any sob story. The candy story, the "moms in an accident come with me story" etc. When these things were fresh and new, it tripped kids up. But these days? I really don't think so. You'd have to come up with something really original in my mind.

This is true, but some kids are more naive than others and that needs to be a consideration. JMO but looking at these girls they appear more wholesome and unsuspecting so falling prey could've happened

Justice for Susan Winters.

It says "identification of a person of interest in a double homicide"?
Yes it does. Which is why I did not think the public was supposed to have it but then a Sheriff’s agency posted it publicly on their website.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

f92cdc1c016a6f8e784578a58d4fd4b3.jpg

Hope I am posting the picture correctly!

I know many say they do not see anyone in the picture taken on the bridge but when I look at it I see something. I circled where I see it. When zooming in a bit it looks like a dark jacket and light pants. The coloring looks very much like the coloring of the clothes the man in the picture is wearing. Also, when I look at the still shots of him walking I see something else. Where the brown thing is {fanny pack, sweatshirt, whatever it is hanging down} there is a small section that is a different color. I circled the little area I am talking about. It looks close to the coloring of the shirt she is wearing on the bridge. I fully understand it could all be nothing, could just be my 40 something year old eyes playing tricks on me, but I always enjoy hearing and seeing what all of you have picked up on so wanted to share my "view" on the pictures.

If you look real close at that brown area, I think he may have brown gloves on ... that one "bump" closest to the belt buckle area looks like a thumb. could he be holding a wespon (baton/hammer/etc) in his pocket? Have we seen a clear lic of the right hand to know if he may have gloves on?

My very first thought when I saw the brown thing was that it was a heavy work glove partially in the pocket.

I don’t think there is a long/large object in the pants pocket, only because it looks like “it” extends pretty much down to the guy’s knee, which is deeper by far than any jeans pockets I’ve ever seen. I think it’s just something odd with the picture/pixels.

I do see possibly something in the coat pocket, and I can see where people are interpreting an outline of a gun, but simply based on the angle (as others have suggested) I don’t think it’s that. My first thought was it’s a phone and a pack of cigarettes partially overlapping, or something along those lines, but obviously it could be many different things, including, conceivably, a gun.

ETA: also my gut feeling upon seeing the picture is that that guy is in his early or mid 40s, but it's just a knee-jerk reaction and nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member