IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst part about a case like this , getting huge national exposure I mean, is that if and when the guy is caught, there will be lawyers falling all over themselves to represent him, if for nothing more than the publicity. He'll get the best treatment possible because his attorney's will demand it. He'll get every consideration and perk known for a high profile defendant. They'll be working every single day to try and get him acquitted at trial.

It's going to be disgusting to watch.

I've seen a few comments where people are hoping he doesn't off himself in order to avoid justice being served, but from a purely aggravation standpoint, it would probably be best for everyone if he did. These high profile murder trials have a way of turning these murdering psychopaths into rock stars.
Well, at least Jose Baez is busy. lol

Not necessarily disagreeing but it appears he's looking down and being somewhat careful where he's stepping. We know the bridge has sizeable gaps between the stats. Jmo tho.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
That bridge is scary to me. I think even as a young teen, there is no way I would venture on it.
I wonder if this area was familiar to the girls.
I wonder a lot of things about how they ended up there with him!
Hopefully time will tell.
MOO

Yes, IMO the bodies got there because they never crossed the creek.

You think he made them exit the NW end of the bridge and then turn east and then south through the Logan's property?

I thought so, initially, but the sandbar/gravel bar made me believe they all kept heading southeast, off the bridge and down a piece before heading NE across the creek and onto the property. Even before Grayhuzes awesome videos, I was leaning that way.

May I ask why you think they went back off the NW end? I enjoy reading everyones considerations!

trying to find a link (above) but also the image - left up then right...
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polop...n/derivatives/article_1200/teens23n-1-web.jpg

attachment.php

MOO - looks like a pivot..and the still on the right has the blue black smudge or whatever that most pics blurred out. anyway I'll leave it at that. :)

Excellent catch! That blurring has been bugging me from the beginning but now it all makes sense. Someone else walks into the frame causing him to pivot out of the way. With such unseasonably nice weather it would stand to reason there would be others out. If I had walked right by this man moments before this happened, I would be devastated.

The worst part about a case like this , getting huge national exposure I mean, is that if and when the guy is caught, there will be lawyers falling all over themselves to represent him, if for nothing more than the publicity. He'll get the best treatment possible because his attorney's will demand it. He'll get every consideration and perk known for a high profile defendant. They'll be working every single day to try and get him acquitted at trial.

It's going to be disgusting to watch.

I've seen a few comments where people are hoping he doesn't off himself in order to avoid justice being served, but from a purely aggravation standpoint, it would probably be best for everyone if he did. These high profile murder trials have a way of turning these murdering psychopaths into rock stars.
It is always possible that a "mistake" could be made and he could "accidentally" be put out into the exercise yard with general pop or left handcuffed to something "for just a minute" right in front of the camera "that just so happened to not be working". I have only small wishes and hopes.

would being down a hill by the river be a sound barrier or an echo place?

Has it been discussed why scent dogs weren't used?

Do you mean use dogs to track down the perp? This would have been impossible here because the dog needs to be first given an item with the scent that it is supposed to track, i.e. a recently worn piece of clothing. Since the perp (presumably) didn't leave any belongings behind LE would not have had anything to offer the dog as a reference sample. On the other hand, tracking dogs could have been used (and maybe were?) to find Abby and Libby if their family had provided LE with recently worn clothing or bedding of theirs. However, even then there are lots of factors that would make it difficult for a dog to track. Being high up on that bridge and possibly on a windy day their scent would become untraceable. Cadaver dogs could have also been used to find their bodies if they had been missing longer. But again, tracking the perp would be impossible because there is no scent sample available. These dogs are smart, but they do need to be given a point (or scent) of reference.

Not sure if this will help at all. The 4'8.5" is 100% accurate. I'm 90% certain the sleepers are 8.5' wide based on not super accurate pixel measurements. Standard sleeper width is 10" but I could almost guarantee none of them are 10" anymore and most are probably varying sizes due to wear. The ties along the side were either 7x9" or 8x10" most likely, but again that's just standard sizing and who knows what size they are now. Might be some numbers to work on though.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 03-24delphi-3.jpg
    03-24delphi-3.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 835
Just chiming in here about the geocaching clue that was discussed last night (I had problems with internet sluggishness and wrong password and gave up before I could post). I used to be fairly involved in my local geocaching community and know friends who make it a part time job. There are regular events and opportunities to meet others at state, national, and world events. There are challenges where people will find a cache for 100 or 365 (or more) days straight or log finds in every county in a state or every state in the nation. It's a fairly inexpensive family-friendly hobby whether you have a few minutes or a few days of down time. Several great memories for our family is out caching in unusual places and seeing places we would have never found on our own.

It is not uncommon for a cacher who wants to give to the community to place several caches in an area - they are identifying interesting places within a community as well as providing a service to those who are trying for certain challenges. It did not surprise me that there was a cache in this area because it is an interesting public feature. I would also say not to put too much emphasis on similar names on the log files -- if cachers are in an area they are usually there to find most if not all of them in one day.
we cant talk about that anymore

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

Is that your opinion? And it was a bit dismissive, lol. ;). Kidding!!!!

I still think they crossed through the shallow gravel/sand bar. Because gun.

Not to be dismissive, but there is a lot of overthink going on in these threads. Most of the time the most logical explanation is the right explanation. No one is going to force 2 girls and themselves to cross a creek like that when it is secluded either side equally. Very easy for the guy or girls to lose balance and fall. It's a big risk for the perp...whether they are alive.. or whether he is dragging bodies across the river. And it's easy to get spotted if the perpetrator leaves the concealment of the trees. In my opinion, the whole crime happened on the north side of the creek. LE in the creek is looking for a weapon or other evidence thrown there.

Look at the hill coming down from the cemetery on the north.. It is a perfect location where distance isolation from civilization plus the shoulders of a natural funnel in the hill, make for a perfect location.

My sister recently got on to her son & DIL, because DIL posts a lot of photos of their little girl on her SM accts & there are ones taken outdoors where you can see the house number, street signs, license plates etc. Not that they aren't good parents, just ppl don't think about these things sometimes.

I've had similar thoughts about parents that plaster their children's names on the back window of their stupid SUVs.

That's because the area of interest, to the left, has clearly been blurred out on this still. See how the blurred out area even extends into where the border of the bridge would be? It is obvious digitally blurred out.

Also, if there was no one in that space then the LE would be able to play the video of him walking.

As the photos are stills from the video that Libby took and if there was no one there then what could be the reason for not showing actual video.

As others keep saying, seeing a few strides and how BG carries himself would be extra helpful in identifying him.

I think video cannot be shown because he encounters Abby. Just my thoughts though.

It looks to me like he could be holding something under his jacket with his right hand and also that he has something stuffed in his pockets or under the jacket. If he pulled out a knife or gun that would explain why no further images are being released.

would being down a hill by the river be a sound barrier or an echo place?
The hills and foliage on either side would probably block some of the sound. I think the area is too open and soft to really echo. My guess is the sound would be hard to pinpoint and probably traveled best along the creek rather than outside the creek. On top of the bridge is a different story though. Wide open and not much in the way of sound dampening.

No lawyer wants to represent the murderer of two children. If he loses, he lost. If he wins, he has to live with the shame of being the guy who got off the killer of two young girls.

10/10 would not represent again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they will. There have been many cases where prominent attorneys have offered up services... as to why... perhaps- http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion...fend-killers-and-rapists/stories/201308040170

Not to be dismissive, but there is a lot of overthink going on in these threads. Most of the time the most logical explanation is the right explanation. No one is going to force 2 girls and themselves to cross a creek like that when it is secluded either side equally. Very easy for the guy or girls to lose balance and fall. It's a big risk for the perp...whether they are alive.. or whether he is dragging bodies across the river. And it's easy to get spotted if the perpetrator leaves the concealment of the trees. In my opinion, the whole crime happened on the north side of the creek. LE in the creek is looking for a weapon or other evidence thrown there.

Look at the hill coming down from the cemetery on the north.. It is a perfect location where distance isolation from civilization plus the shoulders of a natural funnel in the hill, make for a perfect location.

Actually, my question arose after watching the video and yes, I agree that it didn't make a lot of sense to me either. I'm having trouble understanding the lay of the land so I'm depending on those here who have a better grasp than me to clarify things. Thanks guys!

Agreed. They want him to be ****ting his pants and so do I, for that matter! I kickboxed yesterday and am so sore from beating the heck out of the suspect (in my imagination).

I think he's holed up somewhere in complete panic mode knowing they have his video and audio. He's watching all the news, scanning online to see what else they have.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members