Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #17

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by 0101ABA, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terpstra1

terpstra1 New Member

Imo the problem I have with this senerio is he then would have had to park his car where it would have been seen by others. Also I have a problem with him going back into the park where someone would see him and possibly describe him.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

Could you link the one at IndyChannel. I'd love to see it and I'm totally failing to find it. Thanks!

3. 0101ABA

0101ABA Former Member

:bump: Not saying anyone has less-than-good intentions, but bringing this forward.

4. BFTnative

BFTnative Member

5. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

Jmo
    I don't think either girl was able to flee the situation.
    Was anyone even around to hear them scream?

6. Gunther Toody

Gunther Toody Member

I was thinking this as well. Initially, I thought he may have parked in the cemetery and one of my earliest questions was..is the bridge visible from the cemetery...now, as you say his vehicle would have drawn attention and could easily be spotted from the road. That cemetery is small and does not appear to get much traffic so that would add to drawing attention if he parked there. Before the maps were measured out showing how small the area really is, it looked huge as in miles...but its not.
    He could have parked anywhere and walked in.

7. #1nana

#1nana New Member

(sorry I quoted the wrong person) The cemetery is closer than what you think. The aerial maps are great but they aren't good to tell distance. In these photos here, you can see the break in the tree line where the river is. This was taken at the back of the cemetery. Other is other parking option right on the road at the trail head. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainclimb likes this.
  8. luckyme

luckyme New Member

Wasnt there a lady and a couple on the trail around 3:00 and they didnt see anything? moo

9. heaterann

heaterann New Member

IMO he didn’t do anything to not be seen in the park. He walked the trail in broad daylight and was even photographed / video taped. IMO this perp is confident enough that LE would have a very hard time tracking him even with a pic or playing devil’s advocate and suppose he didn’t know the pic was taken then he knew from a police sketch or description it would be very difficult. IMO he is a loner has been for a long enough time that people who did know him would have a hard time recognizing him. He also does not most likely have DNA on file. IF the LE have DNA which has not been confirmed but from what they are doing recently it appears a strong likelihood then they would have named the suspect. To pull off something like this takes a certain amount of confidence. He is such a Midwestern cliché in that picture that most anyone seeing him on that trail pre or post murder probably wouldn’t have paid him much mind especially if he kept his head down and carried on his way…. JMO

10. skibaboo

skibaboo Mrs Map

This indychannel map?
    [​IMG]

I believe it was the first one to have a marker for where they were found, further north east than where I believe they were located. Personally I like to do my own 'investigating' using photos posted in MSM of a location or crime scene. Where I put the marker is where I believe they were found, not 100% accurate because nobody but LE and the perp and other who have been to the exact spot truly knows, but within a reasonable distance. Video and photos posted from reporters at the crime scene show the SE end of Monon bridge across the creek, you would simply not get that view from where the Indychannel have the marker. Also search crews were in the creek along the same portion of the creek that correlates with the marker I have on the map, and where others have agreed.

11. liltexans

liltexans Retired WS Staff

Slocum said he hopes the tour put family members' minds at ease to see so many resources dedicated to the case.

"I hope that they feel a sense that this is important to us," he said."That they're important to us."

Slocum said he has received numerous media requests to speak to family members, and they could host a press conference in the near future once they're ready to speak publicly.

"I know this is a public crime, but they are their family members … and this is a very private thing to them," he said.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...eens-families-tour-investigation-hq/98579168/

12. Bently

Bently Former Member

13. bethieb

bethieb Member

14. Rachel1

Rachel1 Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble quoting but this is in response to post 244.
    Do you actually believe that is feasible? Do u think police or the FBI would give WS an update just because we want to sleuth this case? I understand they have 10000+tips to sort through (I'm sure most are people wanting to explain their personal theories on this case from two still photos and a three word recording that don't really understand that LE knows more then the public) but I don't think LE would give us a presser just because we want to sleuth.

15. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

A woman who was at the bridge commented on a Facebook post by a family member of one of the girls, saying she had been at the bridge shortly after the girls posted the photo. She said she didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary.

“I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” Cheyenne Mekisha Engles wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.”

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liber...ssing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/

mountainclimb likes this.
  16. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

I'd think they would have heard a scream if there was one!

17. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Well-Known Member

BBM- This!

18. terpstra1

terpstra1 New Member

That's one of the reasons I think he didn't go back through the park.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

19. skibaboo

skibaboo Mrs Map

tower.PNG

http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=delphi&state_abr=in

It's here I do see it, but it's not marked or labelled on the site I use, I figured it was not in use anymore?

20. heaterann

heaterann New Member

I don't believe the FBI would really do that, nor would I be happy if they did I would be rather concerned for the integrity of the case. It was a light hearted joke. With so many of us out here willing and ready to help it was kind of a tongue and cheek way of saying how seriously awesome some of the sleuths on this thread are and that in a heart beat we would be willing to help in any way possible. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.