IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the deep south here--I hear what I'd describe as NO accent. Almost like the non-accent news commentators used in the 50-60's.

As for the words, depending on the version I listen to, I hear:

"git down the hill" or just "down the hill"

The Midwestern accent has been considered closest to "standard American" probunciation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today's cell phone is not designed for quick 911 calls. Plus dispatchers will ask caller a bunch of questions and ask you to say it clearly and loud enough. that definitely will make BG to kill the girls immediately. The best way is to have online chat app open all the time and talk to your family constantly during the trip.

Has LE ever adequately explained their reasoning for stopping the search the first night? I can't believe the families haven't blasted them for that. It's probably unlikely the girls were still alive by them anyway, but they could have been on the trail of the killer about 18 hours sooner.

Today's cell phone is not designed for quick 911 calls. Plus dispatchers will ask caller a bunch of questions and ask you to say it clearly and loud enough. that definitely will make BG to kill the girls immediately. The best way is to have online chat app open all the time and talk to your family constantly during the trip.

I so agree with this and frustrated . With new updates on my phone I have to put a code in first then scroll to even find my phone. I wish Apple or other phone providers would create something in the making of the phone where if you repeatedly pushed side button it directly went to 911. Old wall phones had something similar.. it's been years but I believe if you kept dialing three numbers in a row it eventually went to dispatch.

I've often wondered if........let's say, they willingly went with this guy at first. Not sure if they were the type or not but, to be honest, I was 13/14 when me and my friends had our first beer. And, being pretty stupid, there were many times me and my friends would go hang out with guys who cat called us from houses, parks, etc. Especially if they said they had beer. Once we had it, we thought it was "cool" to always try and get it. Was that stupid? ABSOLUTELY!! But you know how you sort of feel invincible at that age. Especially if you're with a friend(s). Well, that was us. Maybe it was them too. And of course if you had asked our parents back then if we drank or would ever go with strangers, our parents would have said, NO WAY! But that was not true, in reality.

I wonder if this guy maybe came off to them as friendly enough and encouraged them to go see/do "whatever". They may have been a little leery but went anyway but just in case, decided to record the situation anyway.

For EXAMPLE, let's say the guy approaches them. Says something like, hey girls, I have some beer. Want one? Maybe some other convo happens in-between. Libby feels a little skeptical and maybe reaches into her pocket to start recording on her phone. So they ask, where at/where is it? And he says, down the hill. They follow and who knows what happens next.

Anyway, just a thought/theory/etc. Because, to me he seems calm and cool when he's saying, down the hill. Almost like he's just telling them he has something down there for them (i.e., beer) or there is something to be seen (i.e., an animal, better pic opportunity, etc) down there that may interest them. Who knows. Just trying to think back to myself at their age and I did a heck of a lot of really questionable things that I never even gave a second thought until I was an adult.

The same app my family uses to see where each other are has a feature that allows you to send a panic to all the people in the group. One day I accidentally hit it, and before I could let my family know I was ok, two family members had called to check on me and one had texted. If I hadn't answered, they would know exactly where I was when I hit it and what time I called for help, so they could get help to that location right away.

Interesting thought. IIRC, the time is from a photo the woman posted so it should be very accurate.

Do you have a link? I wasn't able to find any reports on this woman earlier today when I looked around.

Interesting pic and theory on the liberty and Abby Facebook page. Moo

Did anyone else see this? I saw what you're referring to shortly before I went to bed, but I wasn't sure if it could be brought here. Interesting pic indeed.

Has LE ever adequately explained their reasoning for stopping the search the first night? I can't believe the families haven't blasted them for that. It's probably unlikely the girls were still alive by them anyway, but they could have been on the trail of the killer about 18 hours sooner.

Apparently the searchers didn't search that side of the bridge or woods around that end of the bridge. The perp could have still been there with the girls when the searchers were yelling for them. He could have had to high-tail it out of there as to not get caught. Once the news aired that they were missing and a search has been postponed until morning (IF the news stated that) he could have came back to ditch evidence or finished what he started.

I so agree with this and frustrated . With new updates on my phone I have to put a code in first then scroll to even find my phone. I wish Apple or other phone providers would create something in the making of the phone where if you repeatedly pushed side button it directly went to 911. Old wall phones had something similar.. it's been years but I believe if you kept dialing three numbers in a row it eventually went to dispatch.

My Iphone and also my Pixel have an option for "emergency." You do have to swipe up or down or left or whatever, but it will bring the number pad to you immediately. It's a little longer than tapping a side button but can you imagine how many calls 911 would get in error if all you had to do was tap a button a few times?

Which FB page for them as there seems to be many?

Did anyone else see this? I saw what you're referring to shortly before I went to bed, but I wasn't sure if it could be brought here. Interesting pic indeed.

CementPond that line of thinking/thought has entered my mind as well. He does not have a threating appearance to me at all. I have thought it possible they being together that they thought they were safe, i wondered if he pretented to have something exciting or surprising to show them, could have even said to lived in one of the homes close by. Jmo

Is the idea that he hitched a ride, as LE seemed to indicate, pretty much out the window? Everyone is talking about where he parked his car, etc...

I agree. At most they may have thought him a little strange. But most people's reaction don't usually go to, OMG he's gonna kill us!! Most of us are trusting. To an extent. But kids their ages tend to be more trusting of others. So they probably didn't fear him (initially) at all. Especially being together.

CementPond that line of thinking/thought has entered my mind as well. He does not have a threating appearance to me at all. I have thought it possible they being together that they thought they were safe, i wondered if he pretented to have something exciting or surprising to show them, could have even said to lived in one of the homes close by. Jmo

I travel through a heavy traffic area every day in Indiana, 69 S to 465 South down to South Indianapolis from NE Indy. No billboards seen.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

First I'd even heard about this case was maybe the Thursday of the week of the murders. I live outside Fort Wayen.

MOO:

Folks have brought up distances, and possible timeframes, again. I think the perp had a really small timeframe to work within, and very much intended to keep it that way.

The distance from the SE end of the bridge to the spot where they were found is much shorter than the distance from the NW end to the same spot. A member mentioned the distance from the bridge to where they were found is .8 miles.

The distance from the SE to the spot where they were found is a little over 1/8 of a mile. According to Google Maps, the bridge itself is a greater length than the distance from the SE end to where they were found. A very short distance, and MOO backs up Team South End's hypothesis.

Question to all ws why would a 14. Yo be living with grand parents since age of 3 and both paren't still living

I don't think this is a fair question to put out there for the families. My parents divorced when I was four. I grew up with my Grandparents and was all the better for it. I had an infant Sister who stayed with my Mom. My Grandparents felt strongly they were giving me a stable, loving home at a time when neither of my parents could provide that. There were no drugs or other serious issues. It was simply Grandparents who put their foot down and said..."she is staying with us". I am forever grateful that they did.

It's gonna be a late one for me tonight but that's nothing new. I'm really looking fwd to Tricias radio show! Ask and thou shalt receive :)

From the link for Tricia's blogtalk, is there a WS thread for the person's sister who is going to be on the show? Would like to peruse prior to the show tonight.

" Our good friend Sheryl McCollum from the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute joins us with some information about the case that may surprise you. Sheryl knows this tragic case inside and out.

Later in the show, Jenny Carrieri's identical twin sister Jody LeCornu was murdered almost exactly 21 years ago. "

BTW, I thought all her shows were prerecorded now and we had to listen later.. is this one live today??

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2017/03/08/websleuths-radio-3717-the-murders-of-abby-and-libby

There was an armed robbery at Harvard State Bank in Rockford, Illinois on February 10, 2017 (3 - 3.5 hours from Delphi). Some think the suspect looks similar to BG, still on the lose last news report. There is CCTV footage of the suspect.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/20170210/harvard-state-bank-in-rockford-robbed-at-knifepoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998