IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope BG is a lurker and reads these posts! I especially like when he is referred to as !

I have a feeling someone who murders little girls doesn't really flinch at being called a . He probably enjoys it. I hope he isn't reading these threads, he's just getting the attention he wants and soaking it all up. JMO.

Or it could just be that perp is a straight up loner with almost zero friends or family. Most serial killer, if that's what we have in this case, are complete loners who are left to their own vices.

It's also crossed my mind that suspect may have already silenced those who would have come forward to identify him. Imagine his surprise when he saw those still shots of himself all over the news! You can bet he wasn't expecting that. Which leads me to my second theory. This guy may have killed himself already and is rotting in his home waiting to be discovered.

If he is a SK it is unlikely he would have already killed himself. Although some do right before they are taken into custody. Most believe they can keep going and are "in control".

I'm not sure if you mean should be closed now, due to the murders, or just in general due to the condition of the bridge. I believe it was stated in an earlier thread that it is private property and is considered trespassing to walk on it, but everyone does anyway and no one stops them. I could be wrong about that though. I would assume they keep it that way so the county doesn't have to deal with lawsuits if someone were to get injured. You couldn't pay me to walk all the way across it though, I don't think my legs would let me!

Funny how we change with time , we use to walk on the old abandoned railroad trestles growing up in Illinois. my father use to fuss and tell us it was dangerous and to stay away .Now, no way would I walk on one of those , and if I tried I believe I might have to crawl .

Down the hill, could that have been a command to throw the phone, down the hill? He would have wanted to get rid of the phone right away so they couldn't call for help, obviously he wouldn't have known he was already being recorded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just a thought. I think it's very possible that BG could have noticed Libby's phone at some point--up to and including knowledge that he was being recorded. If that's the case: I believe he would either have taken the phone and destroyed it or taken the phone from Libby at some point and kept it, maybe even still in his possession.

LE's careful terminology in regards to the phone's physical location doesn't necessarily confirm nor deny that they have it in their possession. All evidence LE have from Libby's phone, as many here have speculated, could have been accessed from the cloud.

Keeping Libby's phone could amount to both a "souvenir/tangible CS item" and also a means to "revisit" the crime itself if BG does indeed have it--both of which are interests not unheard of in some types of murders.

As for phone pings after Libby and Abby didn't show up at the prearranged trail meeting place: this article states 'According to police and family members, the girls phones pinged in multiple locations but were shut off shortly after they were reported missing.' *

*(Time they were reported missing was about 5:30 p.m., 2/13/17).
http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liber...ssing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/

I have also read in other articles that around 5:30 that afternoon was the last known ping from Libby's phone--will update here with links if/when I find them.

Is it possible BG kept the phone and turned it off and/or removed the battery when/if he heard they were reported missing, and that a search was underway?

JMOO unless linked or otherwise stated.

Why do you say that? I'm not looking forward to hearing from distraught relatives. It's going to be very sad.

Of course I'm not excited about hearing from the family, I am sorry if it sounded callous. I was hoping LE may also speak and share something with the public that could lead us in our sleuthing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if you mean should be closed now, due to the murders, or just in general due to the condition of the bridge. I believe it was stated in an earlier thread that it is private property and is considered trespassing to walk on it, but everyone does anyway and no one stops them. I could be wrong about that though. I would assume they keep it that way so the county doesn't have to deal with lawsuits if someone were to get injured. You couldn't pay me to walk all the way across it though, I don't think my legs would let me!

But those who have visited the bridge state there are no signs such as No Trespassing or Danger. Simply a set of red? poles at the entrance. IMHO, there needs to be signage as well that clearly states it's dangerous.

Concerning:

what LE is telling the media/public
what LE is NOT telling the media/public
what media/social media info/rumors LE is correcting
what misinformation LE intentionally is telling the media/public

As far as I know:
EVERYTHING is 100% determined by what LE want, or NOT want, the killer to know and believe.

I gasped a little, then calmed down and then gasped again lol. I can't tell... did y'all see the brown fanny pack/pouch on his right hip??? [emoji44]

Not seeing a fanny pack. It looks like an office chair that he is passing to his left, from the pic in this article. MOO

My only thoughts on this is that to assume the dates are incorrect is also an assumption. By that I mean we cannot assume they died at the same time because we don't have that information. The obits may or may not be right but I don't think it's helpful to just assume they are wrong, sometimes they are accurate. And I've seen people make up scenarios for why one family would have chosen one date over another. All without facts.
It has been my experience with obituaries and arrangements at the funeral home that the process cannot begin until the funeral home receives the body and I think the death certificate also. Has that been the case that you know of too? I believe the autopsy results were concluded before noon on the 15th. But I don't think we could know for sure when the obits were written, just published.

I said specifically that I'm not assuming that the dates are wrong. The dates could be wrong or they could be accurate. I am simply stating that you can NOT assume the information in an obituary is factual, because I have seen many, many incorrect obituaries. Some from typos, some from family giving wrong information, and some from funeral homes not getting it right. Obituaries should not be treated as official dates or time of death. That should only come from the police or from the actual death certificate/autopsy report/etc. Obituaries are not official reports so we can not take the information in them as factual.

​Does this mean the dates are wrong? No. Does it mean they are right? No. It just means we still don't know for sure.

Isn't there a half-arse barrier at the beginning? It think I heard that the start of the bridge is the end of the trail. Without a railing this had to be grandfathered in.

From my understanding the "half arse barrier" is to keep vehicles from crossing. I have not seen any photos of signs that state do not walk on bridge which shocks me just from a legality standpoint to cover their butts.

I have a feeling someone who murders little girls doesn't really flinch at being called a . He probably enjoys it. I hope he isn't reading these threads, he's just getting the attention he wants and soaking it all up. JMO.

This whole thing probably is a huge ego trip for him. He committed 2 murders/abductions in the middle of the afternoon, they have his pic, his voice, they have a huge reward offered...and still have nothing on him (at least that we're being told.) I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a call to LE to taunt them.

I live in a small town (population 3,800) and have never been on guard until now. I routinely go to our "H2O to Go" station and get gallons of water for a quarter. I filled up twelve 1-gallon bottles today which took a little over 15 minutes. Three cars came down the road and I scoped them out with eagle eyes as never before. I have known for a long time that evil can lurk where we least expect it but this case has driven the point home. We all need to be ultra wary in today's mad world.

This whole thing probably is a huge ego trip for him. He committed 2 murders/abductions in the middle of the afternoon, they have his pic, his voice, they have a huge reward offered...and still have nothing on him (at least that we're being told.) I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a call to LE to taunt them.

Agreed. I hate how the only way to catch the guy is to give him the attention he wants. Makes me sick.

I totally understand why you want to discuss, and you certainly can continue to. Some might be dismissing the people, cars, etc because of a combo of not seeing it, and it being discussed a ton in past threads. Obviously not everyone can read every post of every thread, so things like this will come up again.

Just thought I'd give you that tidbit, and I hope you don't take it personally!

Your consistent kindness and respectfulness is appreciated, kittymittons. No, it is not personally insulting to me. Rude behavior puzzles me. Why is there an extreme amount of sarcasm in the threads? Policy is to scroll and roll if you don't like something. It is not WS policy to mock others.

Yes, I have a wonderful life and possess a keen sense of perception. I am an activist in many areas, with SAR being one of them. An activist actually does something productive to help others. I am a trained speed reader who reads a voracious amount of material but won't bore myself with forums when posts are, by example, simply "I agree." As with the Mods, I've exercised patience with new members who will all learn, sooner or later, that Websleuths is not FB, Twitter or Reddit. It is not cool to post that someone's ideas or theories are ridiculous.

There is an unsolved murder in TX where we have CCTV recordings. Manipulated screenshots from the video have been posted for over ten months. Arrows are drawn to indicate the nose and mouth of the UnSub we named SP for SWAT Perp. It is done to be helpful; not to eschew an investigation.

For those members who are unaware, you have the option to hide a member's posts from your view.

His 'accent' is subtle. It's hard to describe the sound, but I hear him saying the word 'down' a tinge more like 'dahn' than the standard 'dOWn'. And I don't know what it's technically called, but the pitch, timbre and/or cadence is just identifiable as different than standard.

I just spend 30 minutes recording me saying DOWN in my Indiana pseudo southern hick drawl I realized that I sure do not pronounce my words sharply.

Down is more like da-ah-ouh-n.. all ran together . Like I'm trying to be Southern but not quite successful because I speak faster than a true Southern person.

When will LE have another presser? What's the norm for cases like this? 2 and then no more?

I followed the Hannah Graham (sp) case here and chief Longo had updates frequently, but they also had a suspect, etc. So there was more to update.

When will LE have another presser? What's the norm for cases like this? 2 and then no more?

I followed the Hannah Graham (sp) case here and chief Longo had updates frequently, but they also had a suspect, etc. So there was more to update.

There will be one Thursday from the family. I have a feeling no new information will be shared, just because the family seems to be the focus of this one. Hoping LE will have a few words as well and share some new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288