IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
“We are still going through thousands and thousands of leads and every time we can clear one, it helps our case because we are making that haystack smaller,” said ISP Sgt. John Perrine.

“We are not giving up and I can tell you that the mood upstairs is very optimistic. The investigators are still pursuing the tips and leads that are coming in with the highest optimism that we are going to find this guy,” said Sgt. Perrine.

Nearly every single day police are serving search warrants and subpoenas around Carroll County, looking for clues that will lead them to the killer and or killers. Every time they clear a potential suspect, police feel like they are just steps away from cracking the case.

“The community has taken ownership of this and they feel responsible for bringing that justice to Libby and Abby’s families,” said Sgt. Perrine.

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/03/07/poli...eens-while-community-raises-money-for-reward/

I completely agree with everything you said except possibly 'of course it was sexual assault.' The only thing I know definitively is that two teen girls were murdered while enjoying a day off from school.

Call me an eternal optimist or wishful thinker, but I have seen no evidence yet where I can say 'of course' to or about very much at all in these murders. With all they must have endured knowing of their danger and possibly imminent deaths: I'm hoping sexual assault was not also a factor.

Respectfully, and with no snark intended here: your opinions are just as valid as anyone else's without the need for anyone to agree with them.

JMO.

I agree with you here. I can't say with any degree of certainty that there was any kind of sexual assault. One main reason is because we have no idea how they were found, and what the condition of their bodies were. We also, don't know how much time he truly had to pull this off, and how much of a cover he really had. Also, sexual crimes leave a lot of DNA behind and while I understand a lot of murders are sexually driven if he is just out for his thrill to kill perhaps he simply did just that. Murdered and walked away!

We don't have enough info yet IMO to say one way or the other.

Again all y opinion only! It's always subject to change [emoji6]!!

Small world, but then again, maybe not...
I just got off the phone with a very nice customer service rep from small-town, Ohio. While she was waiting for her computer to approve an authorization, we started talking about the weather. I asked her if she had her about the Delphi murders. She said she hadn't heard anything about the case.�� I spent five extra minutes on the phone updating her. She caught on fast and said not to worry because in small towns someone will drink a little too much at a bar and something is going to slip out. (Fingers crossed)

It's really astonishing that people in the very next state over -- perhaps only a few hundred miles away -- haven't heard about this! Thanks for doing your part in spreading the word.

Hi Everyone,

Tonight at 8:00 PM EASTERN our friend Sheryl McCollum from the Cold Case Investigative Research Institue will join me to discuss Abby and Libby's murder.

Sheryl was on this case the second it broke and will offer us a very unique insight into the case.

CLICK HERE to listen live TONIGHT 8:00 PM Eastern. Link is also good if you want to listen or download the show later.

:bump:

Police have more than 10,000 tips and the reward is at $219,000 and counting. The tight knit community of Delphi has come together during this tragedy and has held several fundraisers for the girls and their families.

A Papa John’s franchise out of central Indiana sold more than 400 pizzas at $10.00 each and donated each dollar to the reward fund for information that leads to an arrest in the case.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/07/police-...o-delphi-teens-community-raises-reward-money/

Before BG became the primary suspect we called him BG for Bridge Guy. Someone thought we should rename him BM for Bridge Monster or bowel movement. Welcome to websleuths! Oh, and now when someone asks what BG stands for we are all supposed to take a drink. Lol. A little humor considering the horrific tragedy we are all discussing.

I drink can't anymore , I mean I can't drink anymore, or heck give me a freaking Rumchatta and root beer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's really astonishing that people in the very next state over -- perhaps only a few hundred miles away -- haven't heard about this! Thanks for doing your part in spreading the word.

I asked about this case in a group chat, all Ohioans. Only one heard about this case ( or bother to response back). I even send the voice memo in the group chat, one said he/she is scared to listen. The group chat has about 25 people. I myself heard the case through CNN, but that particular news was only on there for one day as I remember. So lots of people don't know the case, not even bother to take a look at the picture or listen to the voice.

Nothing new really. The family of Liberty (specifically, her grandfather) is going to speak to the public on Thursday morning.

Libby's grandfather read a longish statement last week iirc.
What could he have to add I wonder.

It seems like that is something better left for his trial, then. I don't know what good it does for us here to want to get into all of the details of a sex assault on the girls. LE knows one way or the other... and they are able to check out every registered sex offender (and probably even many not officially convicted ones). Two young girls have been killed... that's plenty bad enough. What would you do differently if you knew that sexual assault was confirmed?

Look for sexual predators of children...

IMO they have the guy in their sights (hopefully under surveillance) and they're just waiting on evidence to match up (DNA, etc).

I pray you are right! Just coming back on (Internet was down for 6 hours) and saw the news - "getting closer ..." I so hope this is true!

“We are still going through thousands and thousands of leads and every time we can clear one, it helps our case because we are making that haystack smaller,” said ISP Sgt. John Perrine.

“We are not giving up and I can tell you that the mood upstairs is very optimistic. The investigators are still pursuing the tips and leads that are coming in with the highest optimism that we are going to find this guy,” said Sgt. Perrine.

Nearly every single day police are serving search warrants and subpoenas around Carroll County, looking for clues that will lead them to the killer and or killers. Every time they clear a potential suspect, police feel like they are just steps away from cracking the case.

“The community has taken ownership of this and they feel responsible for bringing that justice to Libby and Abby’s families,” said Sgt. Perrine.

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/03/07/poli...eens-while-community-raises-money-for-reward/

Sounds like they are keeping a lot of warrants sealed. JMO, but I take that as a good thing and perhaps LE knows who they are looking at.

In Lyric and Elizabeth's case, it was never reported they had DNA evidence. However, when LE conclusively ruled out Michael Klunder, I began to think perhaps they did have DNA. Another item of interest....they have not released the COD for Lyric and Elizabeth because it's something "only the killer would know". LE is also withholding COD in this case. Hopefully LE in both cases have compared MOs. It just seems like there are so many similarities imo.
https://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/lyric-cook-and-elizabeth-collins/

I'm not at all familiar with the Lyric & Elizabeth case, however when I read this post, it sparked my interest in regard to MK being ruled out after police never having reported the existence of any DNA evidence. So I looked MK up, and found a very interesting news article. First, it seems that police meticulously followed MK's tracks so that they were eventually able to determine that he could not have been in the location of L&E at the time of their deaths, it does not appear that his exclusion as a suspect was related to DNA evidence or lack of it. In fact, if I remember correctly, in the one article I did previously read about L&E, it said their bodies had been found so long after they were killed, that police were not able to obtain DNA or even get a cause of death, or know whether there was rape involved.

In any case, the part that I found interesting is quoted below. I recall officers on Libby & Abby's team saying the amount of resources being expended on this case was due to the fact that there were 2 of them. It seems that may be true, and not just a line. It seems that it is in fact quite rare. This article was written in May 2014. I wonder how many of these dual abductions/murders/maimings remain unsolved? And I wonder if they have made much headway with the database review. Very interesting!:

.... Statistically, only 15 dual abductions have been documented since the FBI started compiling offender data in the 1970s.
“Since 1974, the number of times that an offender abducted two girls at the same time and took them for whatever his purposes were was 15,” Smock said. “So since 1974, in 40 years, there were only 15 times in the whole country where this happened. One of those individuals was Michael Klunder, because he took the two girls from Charles City 20-some years ago.”

Investigators continue to sift through more than 60,000 documents, which are being entered into a database to be reviewed by FBI analysts. Authorities are also getting help from experts at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, who are reviewing the information. ....

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_647e7e0c-6ea1-5f71-80e8-8b56a9700c47.html

Anybody have an easy copy/paste link I can put on my facebook page?

Hey y'all :wave:

Thread #23 ​is now open for posting. This thread will be closing shortly. Thanks!

ETA: For discussion purposes, I'll copy the last few posts over from this thread to the new one when this thread closes.

New here, and I have a few questions and one statement. First, IMO the suspect is wearing a camouflaged hoodie under his jacket with the hood pulled over his head. Also IMO, what some are seeing as a gun or something in his pants to me seems to be shadows and natural folds of the clothes. Now for the questions. Is there a operational railroad in the vicinity? In the case of L&L was there a railroad close by to their crime scene as well? I only ask these questions because it has been done before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81ngel_Maturino_Res%C3%A9nd

Norfolk Southern has a stop in Delphi.

https://www.in.gov/indot/files/MAIN-RR-11_V1.pdf

FYI, link will download a map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics