IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even look / comment on this case because I get sick to my stomach and feel like throwing up.

Keep going sleuthers, I will be in spirit from a far.

Bring justice for Libby & Abby :heartbeat:

So why is Homeland Security assisting?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Department_of_Homeland_Security

Also the official website says nothing about helping out in individual, random murders.

It does say it assists in the cases of cyber crimes and human trafficking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.wishtv.com/2017/02/17/a...igation-community-comes-together-to-help/amp/

"Investigators picked up some help today from homeland security in Tippecanoe County. Police are using their communication satellite. Officers say this creates more phone lines and a faster internet connection."

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Heads up...from Admin

If you feel you have a tip by all means phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Some of the questioning involves a lie detector machine.

“We actually have a polygraph chair set up in there,” said Indiana State Police Sergeant John Perrine, leading an Eyewitness News crew down the building’s hallway.

Police believe the voice belongs to the same man in the photo.

“We don’t have strong evidence that tells us where this suspect is from,” said Sergeant Perrine.

“The wider the audience we can get that information to, the more likely we’re going to get a tip,” he added.

Investigators say they’ve put evidence found at the scene on the fast track for testing to determine if any DNA from the suspect was left behind.

Police have not released how Abby and Libby died, but say the teens’ immediate family members know the answer.

http://www.wthr.com/article/delphi-determined-to-find-justice-for-abby-and-libby

They used to post federal wanted posters, but not any longer. They stopped many years ago. I'm a retired postmaster and remember not liking it when we were told about the change. You may still see some in some post offices, but most likely not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

WalMart still has missing children flyers but not sure about Most Wanted.....

I am from northern Indiana and when this happened in February I was immediately taken back 25 years. It was Presidents Day and the schools were closed for holiday. I had a house full of kids and we were having a donut fry. There was snow on the ground and my son and his friends wanted to go outside and play. He was around 8 years old. They went out the front door and returned in about 10 minutes. My son said "mom there are 2 little girls out here with no clothes on". I honestly didn't believe him at first. I thought he was trickling me. I went outside and next door on the front steps were 2 little girls with no clothes on, shivering and crying. My husband and i scooped them up and took them into our house. Wrapped them up nd called 911. Within 10 minutes our house was full of police officers and they stayed there for the next 3 hours. school holiday, middle of the day in a quiet neighborhood. These little girls had been playing in their fenced in backyard. This man lured them out of the yard and took them blocks away from their home. He had them undress, molested them, took pictures of them and when he was done he told them to go sit out on the steps and he was going to drive down the street and if they weren't sitting there he was going to hurt their parents. My heart broke for these little girls. I don't know how to protect our children from people like this. He was never caught and I have wondered how many other children he has hurt or possibly killed. In my opinion, these monsters that prey on our children, seem to find them whenever they want.

Sounds like LE are diligently working to find out who the perp is. It does NOT sound like they already know. IMO.

It could mean anything from SM to weird stuff left at the crime scene. It could just mean the video/audio evidence. Carroll County hasn't see all that many multiple homicides.

If you want DNA results to stick in court, you are methodical, careful and leave zero grounds for some slick lawyer to get a acquitted.

Also in an easy case it is at least 60 hours, I would assume this case isn't easy

http://www.patc.com/weeklyarticles/dna-timeline.shtml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

bbm But they said they are not sure the voice belongs to BG. So my guess is they have seen him causing their deaths.

I think if they saw him causing their deaths they would have called him a suspect right away. Instead, there was a delay...at first they were only saying they wanted to talk to this guy to see what he saw. Then a couple (few?) days after they initially released the pictures, they switched that to saying he was now an official suspect. It's like they got some new information or evidence after the picture that caused that status to change, which they didn't have just from looking at or listening to the stuff from her phone.

Maybe this is why 911 was/is down for ATT customers (like me) in the area...

MOO
This was from 2/17, so probably unrelated. Sorry, should have clarified the date! I just think some are reading too much into why homeland security is involved. Often agencies collaborate and assist at the local levels to share resources.

(I wanted to reply to websight's post but didn't know how)
Is this what you are looking for? First time posting I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly.

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/22/delphi-t...ore-her-death-police-hope-it-leads-to-arrest/

The recording was longer than what has been released. Police won’t release anymore to protect the integrity of the investigation, but they’ve seen the video and likely won’t be able to stop thinking about it.

“Imagine what that must be like, it’s generally and very likely will be one of the last things these ladies and gentleman see for the rest of their lives before they go to sleep,” said Carter.

Thank you for finding this! I have searched high and low. Can you post it in the media thread? TIA!

I am from northern Indiana and when this happened in February I was immediately taken back 25 years. It was Presidents Day and the schools were closed for holiday. I had a house full of kids and we were having a donut fry. There was snow on the ground and my son and his friends wanted to go outside and play. He was around 8 years old. They went out the front door and returned in about 10 minutes. My son said "mom there are 2 little girls out here with no clothes on". I honestly didn't believe him at first. I thought he was trickling me. I went outside and next door on the front steps were 2 little girls with no clothes on, shivering and crying. My husband and i scooped them up and took them into our house. Wrapped them up nd called 911. Within 10 minutes our house was full of police officers and they stayed there for the next 3 hours. school holiday, middle of the day in a quiet neighborhood. These little girls had been playing in their fenced in backyard. This man lured them out of the yard and took them blocks away from their home. He had them undress, molested them, took pictures of them and when he was done he told them to go sit out on the steps and he was going to drive down the street and if they weren't sitting there he was going to hurt their parents. My heart broke for these little girls. I don't know how to protect our children from people like this. He was never caught and I have wondered how many other children he has hurt or possibly killed. In my opinion, these monsters that prey on our children, seem to find them whenever they want.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
Aww Sparrow, im in tears, that's heartbreaking. I'll never understand how cruel people can be.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;839602992399659008]https://twitter.com/emilywthr/status/839602992399659008[/video]

Investigators say they have sent evidence found at Delphi murder scene to be tested for DNA that could belong to killer
@EmilyWTHR

YAAASSSSS!

We have DNA confirmed.

Sorry if y'all already knew this; last I read, LE denied that they had confirmed DNA was found.

Well, I can say that is a pretty funny excuse they gave. Sounds logical and most people will buy it.
It isn't an excuse, though, necessarily. It is very possible that there are additional reasons, however it is not at all uncommon for the FbI, homeland security, local LE and state LE work together on high profile, high risk cases at the local level. I've witnessed this collaboration on many local cases. JMO.

re: bolded by me above

Actually be careful about that-- if the comments are actually in the "comments" section to a MSM article then they are considered unverified/rumor and cannot be discussed. I had a problem with that in another case I was following last week where someone claiming to be a dear friend of the family had some information that was really useful, but the info appeared in the COMMENTS section and therefore could not be discussed on WS (because at the time there was no proof that the person was really who they said they were.) I'm guessing you mean that we can discuss comments that came from family/friends that were an official part of a MSM report, but I just wanted to clarify for anyone who might misunderstand and think any "comments" are okay to discuss. It's tempting when you see comments that give us hope or a "lead" and it's easier than one might think to forget about the TOS in that excitement.

And I totally agree that it takes getting used to, but the rules here are in place for very good reasons!

I was referring to comments that friends and family make to reporters (MSM) in interviews, but you make a good point in that we cannot link to comments left in response to articles. (I believe we can give vague hints - "hey, check out the comments" - but no copy/paste or identifying the commenter.)

Please share your remedy I have that problem with my iPad sometimes.

I wonder if the thread auto-refreshing is due to the mods deleting and cleaning up posts. Most of the time they do it without shutting down the thread.

They’re hoping that will change tomorrow after Libby’s grandfather makes a statement.

“Maybe somebody watching will take that extra step to call in that tip because of the emotions they feel,” said Sergeant Perrine.

http://www.wthr.com/article/delphi-determined-to-find-justice-for-abby-and-libby

And this is why we should not be over confident that LE KNOWS who the perp is! No matter what some here are saying! Until LE gives us any indication, that they have identified someone as BG, please continue to call in those tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆