IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to nitpick, but after Jessie Matthews was apprehended during the Hannah Graham case, I recall LE didn't want people to jump to conclusions about a correlation with Morgan. They were fairly quick to squash rumors. Until there was a true match.

What are the chances BG has been reported and is on the long list of POI/suspects?

I read something somewhere or saw something on tv that said so often in cases the perp's name is usually already in the case file early on in the investigation whether it be via canvassing, witness...sorry no source, but this is usually the premise for many episodes of Cold Case Files. Now is this applicable here, not so sure...

That seems like a rather reckless tweet unless today actually IS the day an arrest is going to be made!

RBBM

Went to bed praying for an arrest today, and am wearing Abby and Libby t-shirt . . .

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• tshirtFront.jpg
    tshirtFront.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 464
  • ohanaFamily.jpg
    ohanaFamily.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 486
Re "the man in black", there was definitely an article early on, interviewing a local teen who mentioned other kids saying they saw a man all dressed in black on the trail. Then she said it might just be a rumour. It didn't refer to the girls seeing him. It didn't refer to texts.

I'll try & find it.

Other kids saying their was a man in black is different than saying Liberty sent a text to a friend in regards to a man in black.

Longtime lurker (found great solace in the WS sleuthing on the Wetterling case as LE got closer to arresting Heinrich). It's something else to find a haven like this online, where the community is respectful, open, and welcoming. Thank you!

I just wanted to post to say that when I learned the family would be speaking at a presser tomorrow, I wondered if LE set this up because they believe the suspect may be someone who might be affected by seeing family members speak about this crime. In other words, someone known to the community, perhaps even the family. And perhaps LE wanted this to happen sooner, but the family hasn't been ready to speak until now. Just my opinion. I'll shuffle back into the shadows now and enjoy reading the other posts.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:wagon:

Hmmm... Police have been so careful about what they say. Difficult to believe they'd suddenly turn reckless.

Today (Wednesday) "is the day" and tomorrow morning family are scheduled to address media. Coincidence or not?

Fingers crossed.

It's just a saying, IMO, to convey optimism. In my opinion, it's dangerous to read too much into every word.

Not saying my fingers aren't crossed, too, but I think it's just a saying.

That seems like a rather reckless tweet unless today actually IS the day an arrest is going to be made!
I believe he's been saying "today's the day" every time. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Not that this could not have happened on the trail but that bridge should be torn down, i can't imagine what it would cost to make it a safe place to walk. It's not part of the trail from what i can see. Jmo
They'd have to create a trail on its other end too. But they better do SOMETHING before someone's boot becomes the final straw in the rotted wood and they find themselves plummeting 70 feet into a foot of water. I'm shocked there hasn't been accidents by kids goofing off.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Could she have started to video him because she noticed following them earlier then when he followed them across the bridge she sensed something wasn't right?
I was pretty confused about this part of the encounter - when she began to video/record him and why. But then someone (yesterday, I think) mentioned that the SE end of the bridge is the end of the trail. I hadn't known that and if it's true, it makes a big difference in my mind. If Libby saw him coming from the SE initially, then she would have been suspicious, because she knew that SE area had no official entry. If after that he passed them while he went north on the bridge, then it makes further sense that he could have turned around, faced the SE again and really had the girls trapped. Not that they couldn't have run into the woods, but without a further trail on the SE end, it would not have been intuitively obvious where in the woods to go. All BG had to do was flash a gun at that point, and it was game over.
Anyone have any comments or corrections? Please say so if you do, because it helps to be able to visualize the whole thing. And many thanks to Gray Hughes who has been such a big help.

Not to nitpick, but after Jessie Matthews was apprehended during the Hannah Graham case, I recall LE didn't want people to jump to conclusions about a correlation with Morgan. They were fairly quick to squash rumors. Until there was a true match.

They knew from the minute they had the the search warrent returned for Matthews Apartment.
The information about connections we were waiting on was if Randy Taylor could be connected to Morgan or if Jesse Matthews could be connected to Alexis Murphey.

The Frankfort, Indiana Papa Johns and Enthusiasm Foods sold pizzas with 100 percent of the proceeds going to the reward fund for information leading to an arrest in the killings of Libby German and Abigail Williams.*

The groups sold 430 pizzas, and received an extra $500 in donations, raising $4,800 for the fund.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...5k-raised-for-delphi-fund-in-pizza-fundraiser

I have a :dunno: that was wondering if others knew here. I've never seen the answer that I recall.

If there is $220,000.00 raised, and the fund is never used for a payout, what happens with the monies? Where does it go after xx amount of time.

Signed, a curious :websleuther:

Ok, can someone explain to me the arrest process? For some reason I'm thinking first the police gather all their evidence; they present it to the District Attorney. Then if the DA thinks there is enough evidence they present it to the grand jury who then decides if the person should be charged. That could take awhile. It seems like often the person is arrested and put in jail (particularly if they think the person is a danger to others) on a different issue and held in jail awaiting the grand jury process. So, couldn't this mean maybe they do have a good idea on who did it, but are waiting for the process to evolve. Maybe I am too optimistic! It would be interesting to see if anyone has been arrested since February 14 that looks like BG.

Thursday is my first day of my new promotion at work. I may have to close the door for an hour for the presser. I doubt I will that's not a good way to start off.

A presser tomorrow? What time?
I stepped away for several days because I started losing hope that this case would be solved AND it was getting to me reading here everyday. I really thought they would have solved the Missy B case here in Texas with the video of the perp and it was so disheartening when it came to a standstill. I fear this may happen in this case as well. I pray that I'm wrong.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;839533963593072650]https://twitter.com/ISPIndianapolis/status/839533963593072650[/video]

Sgt. John Perrine‏
Verified account
*@ISPIndianapolis 5m
5 minutes ago

More
Thanks to incredible donations the cash reward in the #Delphi case is up to $224,310.

Ok, can someone explain to me the arrest process? For some reason I'm thinking first the police gather all their evidence; they present it to the District Attorney. Then if the DA thinks there is enough evidence they present it to the grand jury who then decides if the person should be charged. That could take awhile. It seems like often the person is arrested and put in jail (particularly if they think the person is a danger to others) on a different issue and held in jail awaiting the grand jury process. So, couldn't this mean maybe they do have a good idea on who did it, but are waiting for the process to evolve. Maybe I am too optimistic! It would be interesting to see if anyone has been arrested since February 14 that looks like BG.

Grand juries are not always used. Some states, like Florida I believe, require them for a first degree murder indictment, but they can first be arrested on a lesser charge (i.e. second degree murder). I think they'd just have to have the DA (or judge??) sign off on an arrest warrant to make an arrest in the case.

For those that cannot see imbedded tweets...

"Sgt. Tony Slocum @ISPPeru

Looking good @ISPIndianapolis, keep up the great work. Today's the day.
12:14 PM - 8 Mar 2017 "

After looking at the full tweet I think this is one St .Police spokesman(Peru) congratulating another St. Police spokesman (Indianapolis) on a good interview.

"Today's the day" is something they all say to each other every day this case is not solved IMO.

A presser tomorrow? What time?
I stepped away for several days because I started losing hope that this case would be solved AND it was getting to me reading here everyday. I really thought they would have solved the Missy B case here in Texas with the video of the perp and it was so disheartening when it came to a standstill. I fear this may happen in this case as well. I pray that I'm wrong.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

The presser is tomorrow at 10 am local time. Liberty's grandfather is going to make a statement and LE will be there for questions.

Michael Stroup interviews Sheriff Tobe Leazenby in a phone interview with regard to the case.

Basically he can not answer many of his questions due to investigation integrity but the latter part of the interview he discusses the suspect (s) "locale" it is a real punch in the gut and totally disheartening.

[video=youtube;K_ISwatrrpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ISwatrrpY&t=24s[/video]

At 5:11 into the interview Sheriff Tobe Leazenby says:
"- I feel confident we are going to end up in the court of law one of thise days " etc.

To me that sure sound like LE is close to an arrest 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member