IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a minute to study the photos there, IMO he has a hood up in one, and in the other it has fallen back slightly, revealing the brownish hair.

The bast*** has his jacket stuffed with something, and where I first thought that the brown material poking out from under his jacket was a brown hoody, I do now believe it to be a fanny pack.

So he is well supplied, fanny pack and stuffed jacket. This guy HAD to of been casing the place, there is no way he set off one morning to a random area and decided to take on two people.

He must must must be on CCTV somewhere, maybe not looking exactly like he does in our blurry picture, but there must be a shady out of towner on some film role in Delphi.

My mind is boggled :(

I cannot imagine what a grown man would want by subjecting two young innocent girls to torture. I can only hope that he is caught and pays a price for what he has done. It will break my heart if he gets away with this.

I know we are not LE, and I know we don't have the full story... but WHAT are we missing???
I know this could be a stretch, but maybe there are some supply stores in the area that sold some suspicious items to someone in the weeks or days before? Like rope or zip ties or something? Is there a walmart in the area?

Channel 13....local Indianapolis NBC stated that since Mike Petty spike yesterday that the tips increased by 200/day

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I cannot imagine what a grown man would want by subjecting two young innocent girls to torture.
Torture? Who said they were tortured? Did I miss something?

Regarding the hat/hoodie/hair thing...

I wonder if LE found any hairs at the crime scene or on the girls that might belong to the perp? Since we know nothing else about the guy at least we would know the hair color which would narrow the suspect pool down quite a bit. Sure, it can be changed, but a grown man suddenly coloring his hair would immediately raise red flags.

I hate to be splitting hairs on this topic,(dramatic pause for elongated smirk), but...While I believe nuclear DNA needs the root end of the follicle, mitochondrial DNA is available throughout the entire strand of hair...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for correcting that. Details matter. :shame:

Hey everyone. I've been trying to catch up on this marathon thread after hearing about it on the news (it took a bit longer for it to get coverage here in Canada). I'm not quite there yet, but wanted to jump in.

First, I want to say how sad this whole thing is. I'm so sorry for Abby and Liberty's families. I can't even imagine the horror of being able to look at the man who took your babies and hear his voice, without being able to do anything about it. My thoughts are with them.

I truly thought that with the picture released, it wouldn't be long before someone identified him. I know the picture is grainy, but it's clear enough that if he was your husband/brother/son/father/coworker/friend, you'd have an inkling. I wonder if BG is a loner? Perhaps lives in the bush. I'm convinced he's wearing a camouflage baseball cap with fabric that runs down the back over the neck, like what hunters wear. This would give him access to a weapon/weapons.

The video does appear to be from far away. Unless it was a cell phone of poor quality, the video would be much clearer if the girls were close. Some have brought forth the theory that the girls might have caught him doing something untoward (i.e. sexual) and filmed it. I think this is a good theory and it certainly would explain why LE has not released the full video. I also wonder if the video might have been taken from a hiding place if the girls were feeling threatened.

I'm shocked these girls could have been taken in broad daylight in such a highly traveled area, close to houses, and no one heard a thing. I don't know how to explain that. I think the perp(s) must have done something to gain their trust and then the attack came very suddenly. Perhaps chloroform or something similar was used? It would be pretty bold to commit the murders so close to the main trail as well. If this was the case, it builds and interesting profile of the perp(s). I feel this is very impulsive behaviour and I don't believe there was any connection between the perp(s) and the victims.

That's it. Just needed to get some of the many thoughts swirling around my brain onto paper. There's some excellent sleuthing being done here. I can't get over the number of people working to bring this low-life to justice. It's just a matter of time, no doubt.

I know this could be a stretch, but maybe there are some supply stores in the area that sold some suspicious items to someone in the weeks or days before? Like rope or zip ties or something? Is there a walmart in the area?

I don't consider rope or zip ties as suspicious items, however, I think I understand your point.

If he had rope or zip ties, he had to buy them somewhere. The questions are when and where. If immediately before the crime, it was that day and local. Hopefully, there is a tip waiting to be followed up on from someone that saw him in a store. If so, and he used a debit/credit card, there may be a solid lead.

I am sure LE has done this weeks ago, but reviewing ATM cameras the day of the crime might be helpful.

The above is my opinion only.

Looking at the drone video, the crumbling support structure is :scared:

[video=youtube;PNN1qkGRZXk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNN1qkGRZXk[/video]

I am sure LE has done this weeks ago, but reviewing ATM cameras the day of the crime might be helpful.

I didnt think about ATMs and if he is local and frequently buys items like this, I highly doubt anyone would think it was suspicious. Maybe he ordered items online? So many things to look into, no wonder LE is overwhelmed. [emoji20]

The woman who suspected Chandler did not call in her suspicions right away, but rather told her sister who, months or maybe years later, called it in, asking investigators to call the sister. They did but were not able to reach her.

Then much later that woman and another neighbor were discussing him and the neighbor had the handwriting sample on an invoice and SHE is the one who contacted police several times with her tip.

Chandler is suspected of killing another woman in 1990. Had the first woman who suspected him called it in rather than second-guessing her suspicions, Chandler might have been in custody and unable to kill again.

All this to say :

For those of you with a tip for police---

CALL IT IN! Don't post about it here.....call or email ISP ASAP!

Don't second guess yourself or rhink it is silly- "nah, it's probably not Jack; I am being silly....alTHOUGH....."

Just call it in and let the police decide if it has worth.

PLEASE help catch this monster. :behindbar

Oba Chandler is absolutely evil. IIRC the woman had to call the tip line multiple times for it to finally be connected but ALL they had for a lead was a handwriting sample. Just shows that with the right investigators even such a challenging case can be solved. Gives me a lot hope and faith in Delphi investigators.[emoji56]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Maybe it's my med's, maybe it's to much research but I had a very bad dream about this last night.

A few nights ago I dreamed I was kidnapped and raped, and I know it was from spending too much time thinking about this. It haunted me all day.

Unlike Abby and Libby and their loved ones we get to awaken from our nightmare.

O/T

That is where the $435 Million dollar ticket winner is. You got something to tell us? :)

Thanks to Melrose for posting about the above video which is on youtube. Nice job by Julie who made this. There are actually 5 videos in total that she made. I highly recommend to all of you WS'er go watch these videos. Gives you a real sense of the lay of the land, so to speak. She actually (with her husband) walked the entire length of the bridge at a fairly good pace, showing where the pic of BG was probably taken from, then went down the hill at the southeast end of the bridge, hiked down to the creek. From the edge of the creek you can see the police yellow tape across the creek marking where the bodies were found. Hard to tell about the actual depth of the creek, but it does look crossable, may have gotten wet up to the knees or mid thighs.

I live in Lafayette about 20 minutes away and thought about going up there to do what Julie did, but thought my knees would have a problem hiking down the hill. Plus I'm not keen on heights! I really appreciate the time that Julie and her hubby put into making these videos! Great effort!

[video=twitter;840231426180157440]https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/840231426180157440[/video]

Alexis McAdams‏
Verified account
@AlexisMcAdamsTV 6h
6 hours ago

WACTH: People have questions about the FBI suspect profile & what evidence was found at the scene. Here is what police told us. #DELPHI

I don't know if the reporter is exaggerating - IMO she tends to blow things up a bit - but in this video she's claiming - in her words - that LE "have recovered a very important piece of evidence from the crime scene that is linked to the killer. That's the first time we're hearing any of the information about what was found at the crime scene."

I dunno, it seems like if something new has been disclosed then other msm would have picked it up and like I said this particular reporter is IMO a little... enthusiastic... in her reporting. Has anyone heard anything about LE sharing new information? Unfortunately she didn't say whether or not LE plans to disclose what the evidence is.

https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV

I don't know if the reporter is exaggerating - IMO she tends to blow things up a bit - but in this video she's claiming - in her words - that LE "have recovered a very important piece of evidence from the crime scene that is linked to the killer. That's the first time we're hearing any of the information about what was found at the crime scene."

I dunno, it seems like if something new has been disclosed then other msm would have picked it up and like I said this particular reporter is IMO a little... enthusiastic... in her reporting. Has anyone heard anything about LE sharing new information? Unfortunately she didn't say whether or not LE plans to disclose what the evidence is.

https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV
I've seen her cry wolf too often.

Moo

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

A few nights ago I dreamed I was kidnapped and raped, and I know it was from spending too much time thinking about this. It haunted me all day.

Unlike Abby and Libby and their loved ones we get to awaken from our nightmare.

My dream...I was at the crime scene. Maybe I need a break, after all, I read over 20 threads in one day . Mind has been racing.

Don't be. Other people are.

Mr. Patty is her step-grandfather. His wife is Libby's Grandmother - her dad's mother. Paternal Grandmother and Paternal Step-Grandfather.

Thank you .... and he has raised her since a toddler, I believe? To me, he will be called her grandfather. no step needed ....he raised and loved her, and earned the title. I always hated referring to kids as "step" this -or -that. I am sure she didn't call him her "step-grampa" when speaking about him. Grampa, grandfather, grandpa, but no step. My husband is a grandpa, not a stepgrampa. :heartbeat:

But that's just me, and thank you for letting me rant just a touch. This was not a rant against anyone for trying to keep things straight .... just a mom who loves the kids and knows what a "grampa" is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member