IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the trail to the left of the bridge go through where the yellow CS tape is seen? Does that trail go down through the gate to the road at the bottom? Is this the same trail we see in a more recent picture where the black dirt has recently been disturbed?

I would suggest watching Julie Melvin's youtube videos: video 1 and video 1.5 (covered more area but cloudy) and video 5 and video 5.2 (sunny day, more like the day Abby and Libby were there but blocked off at the end of the bridge because of hunting - still can see the end area quite well though).

HTH for your perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF2BcVbGlrNhpC1ucpMnldA

This is where I get hung up on the "random guy" theory.

On a particular day where school is using a snow day so everyone is out + two friends deciding to go out to a secluded area for whatever reason + a very small time frame + a random SK/first time killer/stranger/drifter being in the same place + same time of day as the girls + in a small isolated town in Indiana. And this all came together in one complete act? What is the saying about putting enough monkeys in a room with typewriters?

IMO they either knew BG or he knew they would be there. Catfish, retaliation, (insert other theory here), etc. I find it hard to accept this was a chance meeting that went terribly wrong. I'm not saying it couldn't happen or never has happened, but it is still hard to swollow.

Just my .02

Me too. "Random Guy" theory is possible but the least likely of the possibilities IMO.

Im very sorry that my post would frustrate anyone to be fair, as i stated it was JMO. i cant find the the reply from the member it did frustrate but i read it and couldn't reply till now. i think its rude to be honest. everyone on here has the choice to just scroll by the post they don,t agree with instead of making people feel that their opinions are silly or they are not allowed to state them.

Gheesh I agree. I have bit my tongue a lot here today- even took a break. I realized my quoting every single thing I didn't agree with wasn't going to be productive for anyone LOL.

Edit- I have no clue what posts you are referring to just using your sentiments that I agree with as a jumping point to start my post. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And thank you for the reply. The "perfect storm" phrase was spot on.

That is a great question about how much in advance does the school give that information out. I am sure by now the only person who will answer that would be a parent from the school. The school itself IMO will not answer nor will LE.

My .02

Attendance days are often online on the school districts calendar, for public to view, and sometimes local radio stations will make suggestions for activities to do with school aged kids when there is a holiday from school

Just being an RSO means nothing unless you know what the actual offense is (which is always listed). A RSO can be guilty of many different crimes, some of which pose ZERO threat to anyone.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Not sure I agree with posing zero threat to anyone but I agree with not knowing the actual offense...yet. I was just wondering if this guy is close because I keep an eye on a lot of RSO in this area. I do not trust any of them further than I can throw them. And it is always a good idea to be able to exclude anyone in this instance, or any other for that matter.

Attendance days are often online on the school districts calendar, for public to view, and sometimes local radio stations will make suggestions for activities to do with school aged kids when there is a holiday from school

Correct. But I think the line of questioning had to do with time frame. How early do schools post this information? A week, a month. It would be interesting to know so we can deduce how much time BG had to plan.

my .02

Also on the angels and demons story- I know I saw a special on tv about that, but I can't seem to remember what the program was. It was just as interesting as reading it. If I find it I'll come back and edit...

Edit- gheesh thought I was editing a different post of mine and now I see it's a new one LOL- sorry didn't want to clog the thread with tons of posts and that's just what I did.

Second edit- okay this link under media has all the television programs. I'll have to look at each one and see what I watched- not sure if it was discovery or a&e. I don't recall watching it on forensic files because I can't stand that narrators voice LOL

Scroll down past the horrible person (perp photo) and click media on the subject:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oba_Chandler

You can search Oba Chandler on youtube. There is a Crime Stories video, about an hour long.

Yes and to add to this it may have been on the sign in front of the school.

And to add my thoughts on social media because I just read a post referring to the various accounts- Not victim blaming in any way- these girls were typical 13 year olds, but I am so glad my girls don't do any social media except Instagram. Makes it easier for me to watch over it. (And yea I know they can be hiding something, but as of right now they aren't). It's not my stellar parenting- they just don't show any interest (12 and 16).

Correct. But I think the line of questioning had to do with time frame. How early do schools post this information? A week, a month. It would be interesting to know so we can deduce how much time BG had to plan.

my .02

Our particular county does the calendar very early- like now they are doing next years. I'm going to look and see if the girls school had the yearly calendar on their website. It was said this day was planned- our district has the same type of days built in for hurricanes not snow.

my .02
I Think he had this planned for a while. He was just waiting for the opportunity to present itself. JMO

Im very sorry that my post would frustrate anyone to be fair, as i stated it was JMO. i cant find the the reply from the member it did frustrate but i read it and couldn't reply till now. i think its rude to be honest. everyone on here has the choice to just scroll by the post they don,t agree with instead of making people feel that their opinions are silly or they are not allowed to state them.
No, your post didn't frustrate me. No one's did. I was replying to someone else who did get frustrated. All spilled milk anyway. Sorry.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It was me. A sleuthing friend of mine sent it to me, and I was very thankful she did.

There have been so many specific thanks, by sleuthers, and that makes me very happy, because I wasn't the only one who was affected by the carefully woven tale of a horrific true crime.

Once you start reading you cannot stop. The parallels to this case - and many cases for that matter - are crazy.

Evil lurks, friends. Evil lurks.

WG
Yes it was you! I posted credit to you several pages back in this thread to Spin321, noting that several of us had re-posted the link from when you originally posted. Great find!

The problem I am having.....and I'm sure LE as well .......is I can go to every county website in Indiana and look up the sex offender registry. When I do that I spot 10-15 guys in every county who could be BG. Of all the photos I have looked at not a single one has jumped out at me as "this is the guy".

Factor in also that BG may not even be an RSO and you can understand how frustrating it must be for LE.

Factor in also the fact that the investigators have a much better photo of BG than we have.

Hello WS posters. I have been following this for the last couple weeks. Have also been reading news reports about this case. I won't mention any names but will reference an article I read that caught my attention. Just wanted to know opinions or if I am reading too much into this. From this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-one-murdered-Indiana-teens-speaks-out.html

The grandfather said that he didn't know Abigail Williams but that at first, he wasn't worried about the two friends.
'Or maybe Abby got into a fight with someone and they were hiding out at her 18-year-old brother's house?

I don't remember reading that Abby had a brother (which is no big deal) but he states he didn't know Abby yet he knew she had an 18 year old brother.

'Family called from Delphi to see if Libby had come to Flora and if we had seen her' he said. 'The first thing on our minds was that she might have ran away, maybe she was trying to get to her mom's [in Kentucky].

My first thought was, why would he think she would try to run away.

Am I reading too much into this? Thoughts?

The grandfather interviewed here is not the one she lived with. He said in the article he last saw her at Christmas. Since he is her mother's step dad he is more involved with her mother in KY and it sounded like pure speculation that he thought she might have "run away" to her. It's so common for people to assume missing teens have run away that LE doesn't get too serious in looking for them. As for not knowing Abby but knowing she had a brother that is confusing. He was specific with his age so that indicates he knew something. Perhaps it was stated in the phone call they received, "we are hoping they went to Abby's 18 yr old brother's house", so Grandpa Bridge holds on to that idea. Needs a little sleuthing to figure out.

Hey you guys, we're here to sleuth, right? So the possibilities are endless since we don't know squat. It's actually very possible that the girls, or one of them, could have gone there with intentions of meeting someone which had been planned in advance. Whether 'catfished', or arrangements made under some kind of ruse, who knows, could be anything at this point. Here is a photo of Abby from a time when she was fishing, in same general area it seems, not sure when the photo was taken. I simply said that I agree with what other posters have suggested, in that AW looks more 'dolled up' than what one *might* expect for an afternoon of hiking, and also in comparison to how her friend was dressed for same occasion on same day while the two were together. By 'dolled up', I don't mean 'dressed to the nines' or anything, okay, and I'm not insinuating any kind of blame or prejudice, just saying she looked really cute.

This is picture 6/11 from the link below
attachment.php

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4224810/Two-bodies-search-missing-13-year-old-girls.html

Fishing is icky.

Now that is something you dress down for. Just sayin'

The problem I am having.....and I'm sure LE as well .......is I can go to every county website in Indiana and look up the sex offender registry. When I do that I spot 10-15 guys in every county who could be BG. Of all the photos I have looked at not a single one has jumped out at me as "this is the guy".

Factor in also that BG may not even be an RSO and you can understand how frustrating it must be for LE.

Factor in also the fact that the investigators have a much better photo of BG than we have.

I think it's pretty disingenious to insinuate that LE has a better photo than they have shown us ! I mean hey we have a clear picture of this guy but let's ask the public to identify this blury one. While I think le is holding some info back, I don't believe they wouldn't release the clearest photo that they could...MOO

Thank you for the reply.

Do you know if this day off was scheduled before the school year or was it scheduled after the allotted snow days were not used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong