Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #30

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by 0101ABA, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elle*Bee

Elle*Bee We're all just stories in the end.

To serve a search warrant, does someone need to be on the property to receive the warrant (relative, friend, lawyer)? I wonder if the K9 was trained to search for something in particular. Just curious....

In my area, I'm aware of K9s being brought in if it is believed the person being served might attempt to flee. Also, drug sniffing dogs might be used in certain circumstances. I'm just wondering what the specialty of the
    K9 used today at RL's property might be....

2. AmyPond

AmyPond Well-Known Member

But it came directly from his mouth, not the reporter's mouth.

3. alucardsdream

alucardsdream Well-Known Member

Exactly. It's all about zealously defending them. Probably why I try to stay far away from criminal cases.

4. AspenChick

AspenChick New Member

i feel like my entire mind and theories in it now have to make a U Turn and start over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I've been having nightmares of trying to hide in a thicket of brambles while the killer is stomping after me.

6. Steleheart

Steleheart Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Well his 2 year License suspension ended 5 months ago. Is there another reason he is prevented from driving?

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...iRmlsZUVuZCI6bnVsbCwiQ291bnR5Q29kZSI6bnVsbH19

7. bodester413

bodester413 Well-Known Member

Ah yes....that makes sense.....thanks.....

8. OnTheCase101

OnTheCase101 New Member

So true. Makes me think of the case of Clarence Elkins. It was the next door neighbor all along and they never even interviewed him... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Elkins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. RyRyLloyd

RyRyLloyd Active Member

What if the person that drove him to and from Lafayette stayed at RL's once they arrived back at his property? When the neighbours called, asking about the whereabouts of the children, was BG in the house with RL? RL might not have noticed it at the time, but after a few days, and after puzzling what's happened, he realises that maybe the guy who was at his place of residence could be BG.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I think it means that the person who did this was staying in RL's home. All indications point to that.

11. heaterann

heaterann New Member

As a second year law student you are telling me that evidence found on at a crime scene over a month after a crime is committed and not just any crime but highly publicized one with hundreds of people coming and going out of that exact location any of them with the opportunity to and means to leave something behind.... how many people could have come in and out of his house... he let someone use the bathroom while they were there paying their respects.. my god the defense on something like this is endless, to a point that it would be laughable...if I was a juror on a case and this search warrant was brought up I could never convict anyone based on evidence found at this crime scene today... IMHO never been to law school

12. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

But then he would need a reason not to turn BG in, such as fear or wanting to protect him.

13. paris_paris

paris_paris Well-Known Member

hmmm. I just watched one of the videos with RL. I've read references here to him saying "You couldn't carry someone up and down these hills. It's hard to walk..."

RL didn't say that. It's another guy who looks similar to him but younger.

I'm about to mess up the link I think...

https://youtu.be/4yNdRfD23p0

14. finine

finine Active Member

My guess would be a SAR dog trained to detect specific scent. For example, they could provide an item of clothing worn at one time by one of the girls, have the dog smell it, and then see if he is able to locate/follow that same scent anywhere in/on/near RL's house. OR they could be looking for blood evidence.

15. RyRyLloyd

RyRyLloyd Active Member

Easy, could be a close friend, or even a relative.

16. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

Maybe he refused to a search of his property.

17. BunnyHop

BunnyHop Former Member

It crossed my mind that he may be in protective custody?

18. PastorJerry

PastorJerry Member

If it is something like fiber evidence that can link one of the victims to a truck that would still be suitable to use in court.

19. MrBosox78

MrBosox78 Member

Thanks Stele!! There is a lot of confusion over this and it needs to be cleared up. A lot of people are assuming he could not drive himself to Lafayette, so he was driven as a passenger, took a bus or train when according to public records he could have been legally driving.

IMO MOO

Added:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.