IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;842829083495088129]https://twitter.com/TimMcNicholas/status/842829083495088129[/video]

Tim McNicholas‏ @TimMcNicholas 3m3 minutes ago
Police using at least 1 K-9 to serve search warrant at Ron Logan's property. Logan is not a suspect in murders of Libby & Abby.

To serve a search warrant, does someone need to be on the property to receive the warrant (relative, friend, lawyer)? I wonder if the K9 was trained to search for something in particular. Just curious....

In my area, I'm aware of K9s being brought in if it is believed the person being served might attempt to flee. Also, drug sniffing dogs might be used in certain circumstances. I'm just wondering what the specialty of the
K9 used today at RL's property might be....

I have not been really impressed with this reporter, so I am not sure this is as definitive a statement, as it might have been. IMO

But it came directly from his mouth, not the reporter's mouth.

i feel like my entire mind and theories in it now have to make a U Turn and start over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I did what everyone said NOT to do and I looked up the BTK guy and watched his confession. I haven't slept for three nights. Why didn't I listen to the warnings on here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been having nightmares of trying to hide in a thicket of brambles while the killer is stomping after me.

Do we know if RL lives alone? I saw from his public records he's divorced. Someone has to take him places because he can't drive, unless that's why he's in jail because he drives when he's not supposed to. I think it's interesting they took the truck if he's not supposed to drive.

Well his 2 year License suspension ended 5 months ago. Is there another reason he is prevented from driving?

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...iRmlsZUVuZCI6bnVsbCwiQ291bnR5Q29kZSI6bnVsbH19

It doesn't really seem very intuitive to search the property owned by the man where the bodies are found. It seems like the first thing that should have been done, actually, not something they do over a month later.

So true. Makes me think of the case of Clarence Elkins. It was the next door neighbor all along and they never even interviewed him... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Elkins

What if the person that drove him to and from Lafayette stayed at RL's once they arrived back at his property? When the neighbours called, asking about the whereabouts of the children, was BG in the house with RL? RL might not have noticed it at the time, but after a few days, and after puzzling what's happened, he realises that maybe the guy who was at his place of residence could be BG.

JMO, but I think "something like this in your own house, your own home" meant the girls being found on his property. I don't think he (RL) meant a crime was committed in his house

I think it means that the person who did this was staying in RL's home. All indications point to that.

It would be admissible. Absolutely, without a doubt, admissible. Whether it would create a reasonable doubt in the eyes of a jury, is hard to say without the exact circumstances of its discovery, etc...

I'm a second year law student, so this is my educated opinion.

As a second year law student you are telling me that evidence found on at a crime scene over a month after a crime is committed and not just any crime but highly publicized one with hundreds of people coming and going out of that exact location any of them with the opportunity to and means to leave something behind.... how many people could have come in and out of his house... he let someone use the bathroom while they were there paying their respects.. my god the defense on something like this is endless, to a point that it would be laughable...if I was a juror on a case and this search warrant was brought up I could never convict anyone based on evidence found at this crime scene today... IMHO never been to law school

What if the person that drove him to and from Lafayette stayed at RL's once they arrived back at his property? When the neighbours called, asking about the whereabouts of the children, was BG in the house with RL? RL might not have noticed it at the time, but after a few days, and after puzzling what's happened, he realises that maybe the guy who was at his place of residence could be BG.

But then he would need a reason not to turn BG in, such as fear or wanting to protect him.

hmmm. I just watched one of the videos with RL. I've read references here to him saying "You couldn't carry someone up and down these hills. It's hard to walk..."

RL didn't say that. It's another guy who looks similar to him but younger.

I'm about to mess up the link I think...

https://youtu.be/4yNdRfD23p0

To serve a search warrant, does someone need to be on the property to receive the warrant (relative, friend, lawyer)? I wonder if the K9 was trained to search for something in particular. Just curious....

In my area, I'm aware of K9s being brought in if it is believed the person being served might attempt to flee. Also, drug sniffing dogs might be used in certain circumstances. I'm just wondering what the specialty of the
K9 used today at RL's property might be....

My guess would be a SAR dog trained to detect specific scent. For example, they could provide an item of clothing worn at one time by one of the girls, have the dog smell it, and then see if he is able to locate/follow that same scent anywhere in/on/near RL's house. OR they could be looking for blood evidence.

Interesting.

And let's remember that RL is in jail so it's not like he's available to speak up for himself even if he wanted to do that right now. Maybe he gave LE some information while he was in jail. Maybe that information was about someone who is already in jail also on an unrelated charge, or related to someone who is, and that's why he was transferred.

Who knows, but it's definitely possible RL really did not actually commit this crime and was either knowingly or inadvertently involved after the fact. Or even during, ugh.

It crossed my mind that he may be in protective custody?

Are you going to explain your position or is that it? I firmly believe that any evidence they find during this search warrant would be incredibly difficult to prosecute anyone with.... This crime happened over a month ago anyone could have planted evidence on his property.. do I believe that happened no but prove it didnt... and any good lawyer good easily make that argument.

If it is something like fiber evidence that can link one of the victims to a truck that would still be suitable to use in court.

Well his 2 year License suspension ended 5 months ago. Is there another reason he is prevented from driving?

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...iRmlsZUVuZCI6bnVsbCwiQ291bnR5Q29kZSI6bnVsbH19

Thanks Stele!! There is a lot of confusion over this and it needs to be cleared up. A lot of people are assuming he could not drive himself to Lafayette, so he was driven as a passenger, took a bus or train when according to public records he could have been legally driving.

IMO MOO

Added:
Logan in jail 4 probation violation 4 2014 OWI He wasn't supposed to drink & had suspended license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member