IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible for someone to post a still picture of RL's friend from the MSM video? Please? I'm in an area with internet speed so so that I'm unable to view the video/YouTube. TIA

We can't sleuth ron's friends

I haven't been able to follow everything on these threads so IDK if this was posted before. My apologies if it has.

Some of the alibis given to police investigating Liberty German and Abigail Williams' killings turned out to be less than truthful.

“We’re going deeper with alibis that are provided,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Part of the reason … we have learned of people who have lied to us on the alibi.”

-----

Leazenby echoed reports that police might have unknowingly interviewed the girls' killer, which is another reason police are doubling back on the alibis that fall short of the mark.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...rating-alibis-given-delphi-killings/99221194/

I think it's interesting that he revealed this information about some of the alibis not checking out. Seems like something LE would normally keep close the vest.

I bet those are his usual clothes. Imo, people do not notice men's clothes that much, unless maybe their husband's etc...I would also bet that most of the tips called in involve people who look nothing like one another. That image is just too vague and generic, Imo. Looks like anyone and everyone. Not even sure it will be useful when they do have the killer...might not resemble him much more than dozens of other men.

I ask myself should I give RL the benefit of the doubt at this time and instantly I know my answer has to be 'yes.' Until he is named a suspect or somehow conspired with BG then I have no choice, but to give him that benefit of a doubt for there is no evidence to prove otherwise as of now.

It wouldn't take much probable cause for a Judge to sign off on a search warrant to search his house and property since it was the location where the girls were found. In fact I already wondered why LE hadn't done that already since most locations where murder victims are found do have search warrants done and its usually shortly after the discovery of the bodies.

As far as why he has been moved to another jail for his safety, I believe it is to do with LE thinking someone inside of the jail may do him harm thinking he is guilty whether he is or not. He is 77 years old and could be an easy target for someone wanting to make a name for themselves.

In small towns like Delphi often the citizens aren't as well versed on search warrant legalities as some of us crime buffs here. Just because a search warrant has been served doesn't mean RL is guilty of anything but unfortunately some will believe they are guilty of the crime. There have been several search warrants done in other areas concerning this case that resulted in nothing. With RL its different. Everyone in Delphi knows the girls were found on his land. So I think LE wanted to get him out of that area in case someone may go off half-cocked by not waiting for the evidence of guilt to come forward first.

When the Issac gang murdered the well respected 6 Alday family members in Donalsonville, Ga. in the 70s there were people in the town lining up in the street that wanted to storm the jail and take the murderers out and kill them right then and there. Of course the local LE/GBI/FBI stood by constantly to make sure that didn't happen. They would have felt that way even if Carl Issac and his gang hadn't been the ones, but were just thrown in jail on suspicion. Emotions were at a fever pitch back then due to how well loved all the Aldays were, and I have no doubt emotions are running high in Delphi too, understandably. So things could get out of hand and I think LE is trying to avoid that by moving him to a safer place.

RL looks nothing like the photos of BG nor does he sound like him either, imo. I just don't see him being the one who murdered the girls, but we will see. They have plenty of time now to see if any evidence was found during the search warrant since he is locked up. If he was physically fit to do these murders then it does make me wonder why he would leave them on his own property when there are other wooded locations there. Once they began to search his property the next day it didn't take them long to find Abi and Libby.

From what I have read he has had several DUIs. Yes, that is very reckless,dangerous, and careless, but it takes a giant leap to go from getting DUIs to being a double murderer of young teen girls. IMO

Perhaps what the police means by something not adding up is they are unable to get any valuable tips as to who BG is and by this time they think they should have gotten him IDd by now. Just speculating of course.

And when cases aren't going anywhere it is quite common for the investigators to go back to square one, and start over, and that would be doing a search warrant on the property and home where their bodies were found.

So I am not sure this search warrant will result in an arrest,for the murders but if it does ...that is really all that matters in the end for everyone wants justice for Abi and Libby.

OBE So nice to see you on the thread. You well thought out posts are always helpful. Agree with most everything you say here.

BBM;
On this point I am stuck because it would have been so reasonable to expect a SW sooner. Other warrants were served very quickly in the days following the murders but not at this location.
So many wonder if they were waiting for a tip or other information and needed time for that to happen. Evidence was sent for testing looking for DNA supposedly and I suppose other trace evidence - it was all "fast tracked" which to me is weeks.
So doesn't it seem that there was a necessary lag in getting this arrest to happen and followed by a SW on the property?

Digital billboards. I've thought for weeks that the companies donated the space free of charge or at a deep discount.

The girls were found on his property.
They have nothing so they went back to the beginning. Hoping to find something.
Jmo

Exactly. The same reason friends and family of offenders often fail to turn them in and/or support them and assume innocence to the end. It isn't because they are awful, evil beings that intentionally want to support such heinous actions but that the acts are so contrary to how they view the person that it is easier to accept there must be a mistake than to accept the unthinkable.

I've posted before about the myth that perps/ offenders are monsters. The criminal behavior is that of a monster but rarely does that behavior define the image others perceive of them.

It seems that some of that is happening here with the discomfort that RL may be linked to this crime. His role is yet to be determined but it is clear that LE has focused on his home and property for a reason. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Great thought, momma2. I had to go Google it... it makes perfect sense why someone would not connect the dots.

Here is my opinion for what its worth.RL is A HARD CORE drinker. Look at his mug shot, red eyes, puffy. He probably had to admit to police that he was in a black out the day /night the murders occurred and the next day he split for the day because he had no memory of night before.He had no alibi so lied at first. This violated him and the cops tell him we are gonna search your house and hopefully it will prove you did not do it.
I would not tell the police I was in a "black out", because people in blackouts can do some pretty crazy things that they don't remember.

Whatever happen to the RSO Duvall? Did he ever turn back up? Or is he still missing and wanted by the LE?

How about we ponder this....why would LE arrange for so many billboards across the country AND search the property where the bodies were found.

One tactic is far-reaching, one is close to home.

Any clues in that??
jmo

2 perps. Something I've pondered for a while.

1 local, one from out of town/state.

1 killer, 1 assisted (not necessarily willingly)

I'm not sure if this is what I believe but if I take a step back and access what LE have said and done, this is the conclusion I come to. That conclusion is based wholly on LE having evidence that justifies their ideas and actions. MOO

If they had any solid evidence they would have made an accusation and an arrest by now. RL is the first straw they are grasping at. They are searching his house with a vague warrant and they hauled his truck away with evidence seals. Once he is cleared they will do this to the next lucky person on the suspect list.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
LE has been quick to come out and clear others almost immediately after a search. Their silence in the regards to the outcome of yesterday's search is deafening.

How about we ponder this....why would LE arrange for so many billboards across the country AND search the property where the bodies were found.

One tactic is far-reaching, one is close to home.

Any clues in that??

Thought about it - it's possible, but nothing any more telling than the other clues. IMHO the simplest explanation is they believe the crime was committed locally but the person has since left the area.

O/T

Rock legend Chuck Berry dead at age 90

RIP

Have any friends and/or family of RL come forward to defend him, either on SM or in interviews with MSM? If I were in RL's situation, I know for a fact that my family and friends would be VERY vocal in my defense, but in this case I've heard nothing.

(FYI, not sleuthing against rules, cleared question with Mod)

Thought about it - it's possible, but nothing any more telling than the other clues. IMHO the simplest explanation is they believe the crime was committed locally but the person has since left the area.

In my opinion, and my opinion only, this crime is a big deal and has bigger imortance than we know. The FBI assisted with the billboards, but I am not sure how much was funded by their department and how much was donated by the billboard owners. I don't have a link to the FBI's help with cost of the billboards.

Have any friends and/or family of RL come forward to defend him, either on SM or in interviews with MSM? If I were in RL's situation, I know for a fact that my family and friends would be VERY vocal in my defense, but in this case I've heard nothing.

Yes. Not sure how much more detailed I can be without stepping over the line...

Yes. I just read a SM post from an hour or so ago by a former family member of RL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23