IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is difficult to think the elderly with a chronic condition could not do such a thing but in reality many elderly people commit crimes. Rl may not have done it but they need to be sure because he had the home to hide the girls. So their is a possibility since they had searched this area.
i don't think we have a diagnosis of a chronic condition for RL, other than speculation on some people's part.

x2
RL could be home on Monday.

Sorry if I missed it, but have we heard from LE that RL is being released Monday?, the last I remember reading on here was that his hearing on Monday has been postponed.

I don't think his age has anything to do with it.. he does not look like the BG imo

Way, way behind in the threads :thinking:
BG has brown eyes. RL does not. :cow:

Got to have more than a theory to get a legal search warrant IMHO

Cognitive Dissonance!
This is the feeling of uncomfortable tension which comes from holding two conflicting thoughts in the mind at the same time. Nice Grandpa could not be a killer. Or...even a grandpa can do rotten things!
Dissonance increases with:

• The importance of the subject to us.
  • How strongly the dissonant thoughts conflict.
  • Our inability to rationalize and explain away the conflict.
I had a grandfather that was capable of doing bad things, so the possibility of RL being involved in the homicide is NOT cognitively dissonant.

Interesting timing. Just this afternoon I was pondering my discomfort with certain possible outcomes. My reaction to these latest developments has been as interesting to me as the case itself.

How about we ponder this....why would LE arrange for so many billboards across the country AND search the property where the bodies were found.

One tactic is far-reaching, one is close to home.

Any clues in that??

jmo
IMO it means they have not much more than we do😔

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Won't he have a court appearance on the violation that put him in jail?

It was set for Monday, but RL's atty asked for a continuance.

Plz do not make me search upthread for the link! :scared:

But if I gotta.....:judge::giggle:

Got to have more than a theory to get a legal search warrant IMHO

True. But you would think that having 2 bodies on your property would have been enough FIVE weeks ago. The barns and outhouses should have at least had a search then.

5 weeks, folks.

LE has been quick to come out and clear others almost immediately after a search. Their silence in the regards to the outcome of yesterday's search is deafening.

When you say LE has been quick to come out and "clear" people do you mean that they:
1) Have determined that they are not guilty, or
2) Determined that there is not enough evidence to call them a suspect and continue investigating them, or
3) Something else

Because if the answer is 2, then their silence is likely due to the fact that they are still processing the SW and associated evidence.

The determination that someone is not guilty can really only come when someone else is found guilty. I know we are all presumed innocent until proven guilty but LE is not in the pronouncement of innocence business.

Please understand that I am not attacking you or even saying you are wrong. Just trying to better define what people mean when they say LE has "cleared" someone.
:jail:

Yeah, it's enough to make you scratch your head. Many have said it before me ... and I agree ... why wasn't that property gone over with a fine toothed comb a few weeks ago?? I'm assuming something pretty serious, a tip or false alibi, triggered this search finally but I still don't get the long delay.

This keeps coming up. The property was searched. Immediately. This is a second search.

"Now Logan’s property is a crime scene, filled with investigators, the FBI, and dive teams.

“There were hundreds of cars and vehicles and generator trucks that keep the lights going. They had the whole woods lit up like a football field,” Logan said.

Officials searched every inch of Logan’s 40 acres and the woods behind the nearby Morning Heights Cemetery which is just across the stream from the Monon High Bridge, the last spot the girls were seen."

http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/delphi-...-of-missing-teens-bodies-on-his-property/amp/

Agreed! And perhaps catfished. But I keep trying to make this a simpler case. Just IMO

I do too. I have been very stubborn not entertaining the catfish angle. I had my opinion they were met by a serious sick person waiting for the right opportunity, like he had many times before without a hit, and this one worked out. I may be a victim of cognitive dissonance though. ;)

Going back to basics, pretending there is no RL and no picture from the bridge. The girls were stalked, IMO. That is one belief I have on this case I can't shake.

Yes, I also feel like they were stalked. This predator was on the hunt that day with no real specific plan but none the less ... still on the hunt. They very unsuspectingly were in the wrong place at the wrong time I'm afraid. It's scary to think that animal is still loose out there.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Inthedetails
How about we ponder this....why would LE arrange for so many billboards across the country AND search the property where the bodies were found.

One tactic is far-reaching, one is close to home.

Any clues in that??

jmo
IMO it means they have not much more than we do

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

One explanation, maybe, is the billboards went up VERY early in the case. I'm sure they have learned a lot more about the murders since then. So perhaps early on they thought it was a drifter, hitchhiker, someone from elsewhere; but over time developed reason to believe it was a local with ties to RL's property.

From another video "we are finding out there were things that were said that are not true..."

Trying to link video source. Having trouble. It's called "Delphi Property Search 5pm"

You would think.

And not a month post-discovery. JMO.

I think LE has something concrete to go on re: the SW. But I admit I am scratching my head over why the property was not searched immediately after the girls were found. I cannot fathom how much physical evidence was potentially lost by waiting a solid MONTH.

But I will wait and see what LE has.....

I'm utterly perplexed by this, although I wasn't wondering about at first. But then I'm not LE. Youd think with all the LE involved someone would've suggested it when they were found, so I can only assume there's a valid reason. But for the life of me I can't think what it would be! It's possible RL refused, but then you'd think that would .....I dunno. I'm going in circles.

True. But you would think that having 2 bodies on your property would have been enough FIVE weeks ago. The barns and outhouses should have at least had a search then.

5 weeks, folks.
:goodpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members