IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I just can't figure out how to make this sound less snarky. :iamashamed:

If the property owner looked like this guy instead of someone's grandpa, how different do you think these discussions would be?

attachment.php

Ted Bundy was attractive and soft spoken too.

You aren't trying to say that this is a photo of Ted Bundy are you? hopefully, I'm misunderstanding?:thinking:

Should have clarified. The idea is that he's waiting, or shows up wearing the hoodie (but hood off), strolling, etc. Libby snaps the first photo for whatever reason. Some time later (presumably minutes), he leaves, and comes back across the bridge toward them again, this time with the hood on, face downward, quick walk with the intent of proceeding to confront the girls.

I hear ya, but the photos were stills from a video she shot. I guess we don't know for sure they are from the same video (not two videos taken minutes apart), but I am assuming they are.

But I know what you mean about the differences in his appearance. The two photos do have differences. And the shots in between could show either he pulled up the hood or pulled it down.

jmo

I know! How in the heck has this creep not been identified, especially with the $200,000+ reward. He must be dressed differently in the pic than his typical attire or is such a loner, no one recognizes him.

It makes me wonder- this is going to be out there- he "borrowed" some clothes from a certain someone. Anyway, there have been less reasonable ideas postulated. Keep thinking!
Plausible.

I think you are misunderstanding me. I'm just saying it's possible they knew him and didn't indicate so on the recording because there are an infinite number of possible scenarios that the audio recorded that we are not privy to the details of. It's also possible, albeit unlikely in your opinion that they did not know RL. Take home point, we don't have enough information to exclude RL. Happy to leave it as a difference of opinion.

I hear ya, but the photos were stills from a video she shot. I guess we don't know for sure they are from the same video (not two videos taken minutes apart), but I am assuming they are.

But I know what you mean about the differences in his appearance. The two photos do have differences. And the shots in between could show either he pulled up the hood or pulled it down.

jmo

Great point. Would be extremely helpful if LE released more details about these 2 photos but I suspect they have far better clues to release and simply cannot compromise the case.

I'm sorry, I just can't figure out how to make this sound less snarky. :iamashamed:

If the property owner looked like this guy instead of someone's grandpa, how different do you think these discussions would be?

attachment.php

Ted Bundy was attractive and soft spoken too.

Cognitive Dissonance!
This is the feeling of uncomfortable tension which comes from holding two conflicting thoughts in the mind at the same time. Nice Grandpa could not be a killer. Or...even a grandpa can do rotten things!
Dissonance increases with:

• The importance of the subject to us.
  • How strongly the dissonant thoughts conflict.
  • Our inability to rationalize and explain away the conflict.
I had a grandfather that was capable of doing bad things, so the possibility of RL being involved in the homicide is NOT cognitively dissonant.

How about we ponder this....why would LE arrange for so many billboards across the country AND search the property where the bodies were found.

One tactic is far-reaching, one is close to home.

Any clues in that??

jmo

I know! How in the heck has this creep not been identified, especially with the $200,000+ reward. He must be dressed differently in the pic than his typical attire or is such a loner, no one recognizes him.

It makes me wonder- this is going to be out there- he "borrowed" some clothes from a certain someone. Anyway, there have been less reasonable ideas postulated. Keep thinking!

I have wondered that too.

JMO but I do not think RL is BG. RL is a bigger man, taller, broader shoulders, longer torso and RL looks to be much older. Again JMO but I think he may have knowledge of who BG is and may have helped BG cover the crime up possibly without even knowing he was doing so at the time, only to realize it later. Now, he is afraid. Afraid for himself both because BG is still out there and knows RL knows who he is, and afraid of what this all means for him legally.

I agree. BG and RL don't appear similar in appearance at all. RL has wider hips, thicker thighs, and his facial features are not similar. BG is thinner in all aspects, in my opinion. This type of case is among the most risky in terms of LE getting the right person who committed the crime. Violent cases, particularly those that involve children, put heavy pressure on LE to find the perp(s). I hope to God they resist the pressure, and pursue rock hard evidence. We want this monster off our streets!

How about we ponder this....why would LE arrange for so many billboards across the country AND search the property where the bodies were found.

Any clues in that??

jmo

It's possible that the suspect assaulted the girls in one of the buildings on the property, and then he left the area.

Does anyone know what the laws are around the sealing of the probable cause affidavit for this most recent search of RL's property? I'm sure none of the agencies involved want to tip their hand but I sure would love to read that document. Is it automatically unsealed after a certain amount of time? Does a judge have to grant or deny an unsealing based on a formal request? TIA!

Does anyone know if previous searches at others have had their "sealed" as well?

Thank you for that. I remembered it but could not find my bookmark. I remember that the line of searchers were holding on to each other for safety. The north bank side was deeper toward the SE end of the bridge.

For future reference stele, if you want to find it quick, I put the link to the video under the search marker on the creek, on the case map.

:)

Cognitive Dissonance!
This is the feeling of uncomfortable tension which comes from holding two conflicting thoughts in the mind at the same time. Nice Grandpa could not be a killer. Or...even a grandpa can do rotten things!

I had a grandfather that was capable of doing bad things, so the possibility of RL being involved in the homicide is NOT cognitively dissonant.
Exactly. The same reason friends and family of offenders often fail to turn them in and/or support them and assume innocence to the end. It isn't because they are awful, evil beings that intentionally want to support such heinous actions but that the acts are so contrary to how they view the person that it is easier to accept there must be a mistake than to accept the unthinkable.

I've posted before about the myth that perps/ offenders are monsters. The criminal behavior is that of a monster but rarely does that behavior define the image others perceive of them.

It seems that some of that is happening here with the discomfort that RL may be linked to this crime. His role is yet to be determined but it is clear that LE has focused on his home and property for a reason. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Any clues in that??

jmo

For exclusion purposes..? Beyond reasonable doubt? Or no clue at all?

-Nin

Any clues in that??

jmo

I haven't been able to follow everything on these threads so IDK if this was posted before. My apologies if it has.

Some of the alibis given to police investigating Liberty German and Abigail Williams' killings turned out to be less than truthful.

“We’re going deeper with alibis that are provided,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Part of the reason … we have learned of people who have lied to us on the alibi.”

-----

Leazenby echoed reports that police might have unknowingly interviewed the girls' killer, which is another reason police are doubling back on the alibis that fall short of the mark.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...rating-alibis-given-delphi-killings/99221194/

I just think this search should have.been done day one.

“No one at the home searched is suspected of committing any crime,” Ives wrote Sunday afternoon. “Please, please leave these people alone and let the police work.”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/fox59...earch-for-suspect-linked-to-teens-deaths/amp/

(Police statements from the previous house search.)

Police say they are following up on leads to determine if Logan is a suspect in the teens' murders or to rule him out.

http://clicklancashire.com/2017/03/18/police-searching-home-property-of-man-where-delphi-teens.html

State police told ABC News today that property owner Ron Logan is not a suspect "at this time."

But..I guess they dont need to be as insistent with the leaving him alone thing as he is already locked up for now.
Makes sense to clear him entirely before release. Its a very small town..From the things I have read online about RL-they sure better not release him until they have stated he is 100% cleared and innocent and to leave him alone. For his own safety!
This mans life is pretty ruined if he is not guilty. Small towns...His pictures are all over the web forever in connection with this.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Cognitive Dissonance!

Thank you! This is exactly what I think a lot of members here are going through. I'm not convinced either way, as I said, but to write him off without a second thought considering the circumstances is just strange to me.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member