IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>
I gave my almost 10 month old ice cream tonight. In retrospect it was a bad idea because he was climbing all over me for the next hour looking for more. Santcimommies would have a field day with that. But when you've got twin boys and one on the way you just do whatever you can to survive the day with everyone mostly in one peice. &#55357;&#56834;

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Has anyone addressed why the FBI was so quickly involved? Is that normal in these cases, or was it possibly due to this case being possibly linked to something else? The level of manpower in this case just seems unusual. Thanks.

Could it have been that le was initially thinking it may have been a cyber crime? The FBI has a cyber crimes unit. All imo

My mom instincts kick in....but kids to be out from 1 pm till 5:30 PM. We have lived in lots of areas with hiking trails. I would never let my kids go out by themselves for that long. Did the girls carry water? I cannot find the weather for that area? Can anyone find weather for that night?

I know several people have responded to you and you said you didn't see a timeline. If you go to the media thread, you will find lots of info that has been complied over the past month. Here is a link to the post I did on 2/24- post #31 about the visit to the bridge with links to the supporting information-

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ia-maps-amp-timelines&p=13175131#post13175131

On Monday, February 13, 2017 around 1:00- 1:30pm, Liberty German and Abigail Williams were dropped off near an abandoned railroad bridge known as "Monon High Bridge," east of Delphi to hike in the area. The girls were dropped off by Liberty's sister. The girls were not in school due to a scheduled day off (snow day not used), per the school calendar.

The girls were last seen in a photo posted to German's Snapchat account at 2:07pm showing Williams walking along the bridge. This was the last time anyone heard from either one of them.

The girls were supposed to meet at the same location to be picked up later in the afternoon between 3 and 3:30pm, but they never showed.

The family contacted police around 5:30 p.m. to report the girls missing. At 6.49pm on Monday, Abby's mother wrote a panicked post on Facebook for anyone who had seen the girls to “please contact myself or the sheriff’s department immediately! The girls haven’t been in contact for about three hours!!!!”.

Also, many have said something about "they would never" type things here, which is why it is a very touchy subject. Here is a post I wrote about it on 3/04 and it still holds very true right now:

Only ONE person to blame here--- and that's the murdering creep. Not friends, not family, not sisters, not the girls, not the neighbors or the dogs or the park rangers or the man on the moon. No one should be questioned about their decisions except the person who decided to steal the life of 2 young girls and the innocence of an entire town. Everyone else will judge themselves harshly enough for things they could have never known would happen.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-20&p=13202891#post13202891

I posted more myself even earlier, but apparently I have a big mouth (or big typing fingers) because my saved posts to look back to can only be seen after 2/19. These were 2 teenagers who went off for a couple of hours to the local trails to take some pictures. They had a drop off and a pickup set up. No one should have ever thought they would not be safe.

I have a question.
I thought I remembered reading that LE had determined the voice on the recording to that of the BG. Is this accurate? Or did I misread the info (quite possible)
I know I don't post much, but I do read almost every post. Completely my opinion, but my gut still goes with somebody well looked up to in the community (pastor, coach, teacher, etc)

There is one fairly recent report from ABCNews that says LE verified the voice is bridge guy. I'll try to find it.

ETA: http://abcnews.go.com/US/shaken-doub...ry?id=46019975

About the 1:26 mark reporter states that LE has confirmed voice is Bridge guy's.

Credit to Beth11311 for finding it.

Has anyone addressed why the FBI was so quickly involved? Is that normal in these cases, or was it possibly due to this case being possibly linked to something else? The level of manpower in this case just seems unusual. Thanks.

You know someone on another case (Deorr Kunz I think) really researched how and when the FBI gets involved. but the essence is that in cases involving dead or missing children, local LE has the ability to contact the FBI and they will always offer assistance. Smaller forces often utlitize the FBI in this way because they have greater resources and access to resources and info:

Programs and Resources

Child Abduction Rapid Deployment (CARD) Teams

It is the mission of the FBI&#8217;s Violent Crimes Against Children program to provide a quick and effective response to all incidents of crimes against children. The first few hours after a child is abducted are critical, and that is why we established Child Abduction Rapid Deployment (CARD) Teams in October 2005.
CARD Teams are comprised of experienced personnel with a proven track record in violent crimes against children investigations, especially cases where a child has been abducted by someone other than a family member. Team members provide on-the-ground investigative, technical, and resource assistance to state and local law enforcement. The nationwide CARD Team consists of more than 60 members, with five teams serving each region of the country. The teams work closely with FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit representatives, National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime coordinators, and Child Exploitation Task Force members.
In addition to their unique expertise, CARD Teams are capable of quickly establishing an on-site command post to centralize investigative efforts and operations. Other assets they bring to the table include a new mapping tool to identify and locate registered sex offenders in the area, national and international lead coverage, and the Child Abduction Response Plan to guide investigative efforts.
CARD Teams are primarily involved in non-family child abductions, ransom child abductions, and mysterious disappearances of children. They work with state and local law enforcement to protect and save the lives of innocent children. https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/violent-crime/cac

Aw, sorry Burnt Toast. I didn't mean he was busted and arrested right then. I meant that when he drove up and LE and searchers were waiting for permission to enter his property, he was caught driving while suspended. LE stated he was arrested for probation violation, so perhaps one could think that was why. hth :)
there was quite a bit a time between the 14th and the day he went to jail. i think if LE saw him driving on the 14th, and indeed he had a suspended license they would have taken him to jail that evening. There would not have been days of delay..or at least i don't think there would be. i am baffled by what the probation violation was. I don't understand why LE can't tell us that. why the secret?

Thank You, loading, for your reply. So, does this mean that someone on her Snapchat friends list did a screenshot at 9:07 pm? So, then if another Snapchat friend did a screenshot, say at say, 11:07 pm that night it would say 9 hours ago? Does this dated/ times stamp continue much the same for whomever viewed it?

For instance, if I post a pic on Facebook it logs a date and time. And whoever has access to my picture can see the time and date the pic was taken. But, if that pic is from a screenshot then its always and forever going to stay the same time and date it displayed in the screenshot. Is that right?

I'm just trying to figure out where this particular screenshot of Abigail with the 7 hour delay (9:07 pm 2/13/17) came from. No one except Liberty or the had access to the telephone until it's possible recovery by LE the next afternoon at 12:30 pm at the earliest. Which , at that time it would say 22 hours later.

So, where and how did the police get a pic with the 9:07 ( 7 h later) time stamp?

I apologize if this has been fully explained before I get it posted. So, a screen shot is like taking a photo of your screen with your phone or computer. There are certain buttons you push and it takes a literal photo of exactly what you have on your screen. So, just like if you tok your camera and took a picture of the clock right now, that will never change.

It was not released where the "screenshot" with 7 hours ago came from. it could have been a friend or her family that turned it in. The family could have shown it to police and they took the screen shot. In any case, that 7 hours ago will not change. It was around 7 hours after that photo was taken, which was reported to be 2:07pm. I hope that helps :)

I gave my almost 10 month old ice cream tonight. In retrospect it was a bad idea because he was climbing all over me for the next hour looking for more. Santcimommies would have a field day with that. But when you've got twin boys and one on the way you just do whatever you can to survive the day with everyone mostly in one peice. &#55357;&#56834;

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

First World parenting dilemmas, IMO. <3

If you care enough to review, you are a lovely Mommy, IMO.

I apologize if this has been fully explained before I get it posted. So, a screen shot is like taking a photo of your screen with your phone or computer. There are certain buttons you push and it takes a literal photo of exactly what you have on your screen. So, just like if you tok your camera and took a picture of the clock right now, that will never change.

It was not released where the "screenshot" with 7 hours ago came from. it could have been a friend or her family that turned it in. The family could have shown it to police and they took the screen shot. In any case, that 7 hours ago will not change. It was around 7 hours after that photo was taken, which was reported to be 2:07pm. I hope that helps :)

BY George, I've got it! Thank You, mpnola for your time in helping me figure it out.

From what I have seen on YouTube, youngsters take pictures of everybody. Maybe BG was just taking a walk. Posts are moving very quickly and I cannot keep up with them.Why the focus on BG?

From what I have seen on YouTube, youngsters take pictures of everybody. Maybe BG was just taking a walk. Posts are moving very quickly and I cannot keep up with them.Why the focus on BG?

Because LE says bridge guy participated in the murders.

I would guess that the Indiana authorities may have asked for their help, but I have nothing to confirm that.

There is one fairly recent report from ABCNews that says LE verified the voice is bridge guy. I'll try to find it.

About the 1:26 mark reporter states that LE has confirmed voice is Bridge guy's.

I will add another to your list! :)

I posted in the media thread post #85:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ISwatrrpY

Around 5:50 le is asked about multiple suspects. He says they are exploring all options, but they lean towards one suspect.

---- sidenote--- Honestly, so many questions about facts can be found in the media thread. People even pull out the important points of the information, so you know what is listed there in the article. For anyone who doesn't use it, it seems more helpful and important in this case than in most any I have followed, to date.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-*media-maps-amp-timelines

Going to post this and probably be banned, but I can't help but feeling this way..the reward for this crime (and don't get be wrong, it is a HORRIBLE crime) is over $200,000. Another post for a 13/yr old boy, the reward is $1000. WTF..explain that to me..are some children worth more than others? Maybe Tricia (who I don't know about because you can't google her, but must be a caring person) can buy another website where I can't vent my anger about the injustice and more importantly, WTF is going on in this country where kids are being abducted and murdered? and what can I do to help..direct me to where I need to go to put my anger to good use..My eyes have been open to the horror is this nation, and I don't know what to do with myself!!
I know the inequity is harsh and loud, but oftentimes the response is in direct proportion to the neighborhood or area from which a child goes missing or is found dead. :(.

One thing I do know is that LE will sometimes succumb to pressure from the community. If the community is passive, so will be the media coverage. Not saying this is a hard and fast rule...

Because LE has come out and said this is the suspect. We don't know what other evidence they have that makes them say this because well they really have not told us anything.

Thank you so much!! Now I understand. Not familiar with Snapchat so it confused me. Thanks again! You are awesome!

This article has a quote from ISP Superintendent Doug Carter which also seems to confirm the voice comes from the guy on the bridge.

http://kfor.com/2017/03/13/police-c...h-into-murder-investigation-of-indiana-teens/

Police said that the photo came from a video that Libby had taken on her cell phone.

They also released audio of a man’s voice that the phone video had captured. The words “down the hill” are heard.

The image and audio have circulated publicly for more than three weeks.

“It's not often that we have a picture of the suspect, or the sound of his voice,” said Carter. “That’s a first in my career.”

I know the inequity is harsh and loud, but oftentimes the response is in direct proportion to the neighborhood or area from which a child goes missing or is found dead. :(.

One thing I do know is that LE will sometimes succumb to pressure from the community. If the community is passive, so will be the media coverage. Not saying this is a hard and fast rule...
Agree.

I keep waiting for them to cap the reward. At some point, it seems that if someone hasn't already come forward for the reward, why keep increasing it? It could even be deterring someone from coming forward if they expect it to keep increasing.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thank you so much!! Now I understand. Not familiar with Snapchat so it confused me. Thanks again! You are awesome!

You (and Hazelnutty) are welcome. It can be confusing. And Libby's picture of Abby was posted on Snapchat (which is a social media platform like Facebook, but for the younger and cooler, which is probably why I don't have one). But a screenshot is just a generic photo of anything you have on your screen. If someone asked me to take a screenshot at random times during the day, 9 out of 10 times, it would be of Websleuths or Etsy! :) So, That part is not a Snapchat thing. It is just a photo of what you have on your screen at that moment.

Here is something to think about....would ppl really pay attention to RL if he didn't have a criminal record? Probably not....The other homes that LE searched could have occupants that had infidelities but the media paid attention only to RL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member