IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
"But Saturday’s public viewing wasn’t about focusing on how the two girls died — it was about honoring how they lived.

The line to get into the viewing at one point wrapped all the way around the building, with attendees saying the line stretched nearly 200 feet inside the school. One of those in attendance said mourners walked past photos and other momentos of Williams and German on their way to visit the families."

http://www.greensburgdailynews.com/...cle_8d1b54b9-687e-5947-90b1-7ecccfb7871f.html

No It's Not, can you please bring over the map that you posted right before Thread 37 closed? Thanks! I would bring over a post, but don't know how.

Here you go:

attachment.php

Attachments

• indiana distances 2.jpg
    indiana distances 2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 829
IMO, saying they have 50-60 POI means they have no strong POI. For awhile I was thinking it was quiet because they had a good lead but now not so sure.

Not good.

My opinion is that for these individuals there were holes in there stories or they just didn't have good alibis. I would guess that they were served warrants to obtain DNA.. that takes time. Does anyone here know how fast fast tracked DNA is? When talking about the length of time with no arrest yesterday Det. Slocum specifically referred to the length of time it takes to get DNA results...

Hello, I'm new here but I've been reading some of the posts and theories. I didn't see anyone mentioning this so, did someone else noticed this object/shadow in one of the pictures of BG? (I marked it in a red circle) It looks like a person is walking in front of him. It matches with the color of the hoodie that Abby was wearing. Makes me think that maybe it could be her. Maybe the girls were taking pictures and he intercepted Abby and he was giving her instructions to keep walking. That could be a reason why Libby started to record the video. If it was another suspect, they wouldn't have removed him from the frame. What do you think?

Original Pictures:
attachment.php

Red circle:
attachment.php

:welcome:

The blue mark on the edge of the photo was discussed a lot in the first few threads, but thank you for thinking and posting.

It has already been discussed that they did in previous threads. Margarita25 is looking for the link. (Thanks, Margarita25!)

I am not sure that this was confirmed by MSM... would be interested in that link. Asking about open caskets leads to a discussion on speculation on cause of death.. which IMO is very insensitive to post about, but that is JMO.

Where did you get the times? I clicked on your twitter link and I'm not seeing those times. Indiana is an hour ahead of me, so I think even the time I show is an hour off. Of course we only have the time she tweeted.

fc570eac11cf606b5e32cd10b2549065.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Tuesday, dawn: The search resumes with police, volunteers and also K-9 units and dive teams.

This article has the most complete timeline I found.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...er-one-murdered-Indiana-teens-speaks-out.html

Or - one survived in the water and pulled the other one out to get help, but succumbed possibly to hypothermia.. Awful thought, I know.

-Nin

Looking at the photos and the way that RL and his friend/neighbor talked about the steep climb and how nobody could carry them, etc, makes me wonder if the girls were brought from the cemetery or RL's outbuildings. I don't think RL had anything to do with the murders. I think he has had a hard life and made some pretty huge mistakes.

The more that I learn about the community in Delphi, the more I see that families are very connected and have been for a very long time. Most of them have had their homes, land or property for fifty plus years. They have married into each other's families. They are very committed to the history of the town and preserving it as much as they can. They all absolutely love their schools and are very involved with their class reunions. They maintain friendships for life.

On the other hand, there's an underlying drug/criminal element. You can read the Carroll County Comet and see who has been arrested and for what crime. There are a lot of transients in and out of the town, it's right off the highway. Even RL has reported squatters on his 40 acres in the past.

I'm on the fence when I try to think about the motive for the murders. When I look at the surface, it is very easy for me to believe the girls were abducted by a pedophile/serial killer who took the risk of being caught in public and in broad daylight. When I have delved down into the town and the people surrounding the girls, I see something darker and more complicated at play. I keep thinking the girls were a pawn in some game and ended up collateral damage. Perhaps that is what is happening to RL as well. I wonder if this is part of the reason LE is so tight lipped.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I guess I am just running in circles and chasing my tail. I took a break yesterday and was hoping I could come back with a clearer head. Thanks for listening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My opinion is that for these individuals there were holes in there stories or they just didn't have good alibis. I would guess that they were served warrants to obtain DNA.. that takes time. Does anyone here know how fast fast tracked DNA is? When talking about the length of time with no arrest yesterday Det. Slocum specifically referred to the length of time it takes to get DNA results...

This shows the actual time frames involved in DNA analysis:

http://www.patc.com/weeklyarticles/dna-timeline.shtml

-Nin

"Their visitations are scheduled at the Delphi Community High School Gymnasium from 4-8 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 18. A lantern release will follow the visitation.

Private family services for Libby will be at Delphi United Methodist Church on Sunday, Feb. 19 at 2 p.m. Burial will follow in I.O.O.F. Memorial Gardens in Pittsburg, Indiana.

Memorial Contributions in Libby’s memory may be made to the Liberty German Scholarship Fund at the Industrial Federal Credit Union, care of Mike and Cody Patty.

Abby will also have a private family funeral and burial on Sunday. Abbott Funeral Homeis in charge of those arrangements."

Funeral arrangements set for Delphi teens
POSTED 6:42 PM, FEBRUARY 16, 2017, BY FOX59 WEB
UPDATED AT 03:41PM, FEBRUARY 17, 2017
http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/funeral-arrangements-set-for-14-year-old-delphi-teen/

"But Saturday’s public viewing wasn’t about focusing on how the two girls died — it was about honoring how they lived.

The line to get into the viewing at one point wrapped all the way around the building, with attendees saying the line stretched nearly 200 feet inside the school. One of those in attendance said mourners walked past photos and other momentos of Williams and German on their way to visit the families."

http://www.greensburgdailynews.com/...cle_8d1b54b9-687e-5947-90b1-7ecccfb7871f.html

This article doesn't discuss the actual funeral though or whether or not they had open caskets. The only places I've seen that referenced is rumor/word of mouth on social media. I haven't seen it anywhere in MSM to verify the validity of whether the caskets were open or not...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017

4 p.m. A public visitation for the girls is held at Delphi Community High School."

TIMELINE | Disappearance and deaths of Liberty German and Abigail Williams in Delphi
POSTED 12:41 PM, FEBRUARY 16, 2017, BY FOX59 WEB
UPDATED AT 01:32PM, MARCH 24, 2017
http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/timelin...iberty-german-and-abigail-williams-in-delphi/

I'm not trying to be difficult, truly I'm not, but I'm not sure that a public viewing necessarily means they had open caskets. I'm trying to do some research on it myself. I guess my concern is there was a lot of rumor at the time regarding cause of death based on the open caskets discussion, and I'd hate to have the family here seeing that rehashed again. I apologize if I'm offending anyone.

Hmmmm:

"Basic Features Of A Viewing Or Wake
The body is on display in a casket
The casket may be open or closed
Takes place at the funeral home, your own home, or the social hall at a religious place of worship
Takes place before the funeral and disposition
May be family-only or open to the public

Basic Features Of A Visitation
The casket is closed or the body is not present at all
Takes place at the funeral home, your own home, or the social hall at a religious place of worship
May take place before or after the funeral and disposition."

https://www.everplans.com/articles/before-the-funeral-viewings-wakes-and-visitations

I'm not trying to be difficult, truly I'm not, but I'm not sure that a public viewing necessarily means they had open caskets. I'm trying to do some research on it myself. I guess my concern is there was a lot of rumor at the time regarding cause of death based on the open caskets discussion, and I'd hate to have the family here seeing that rehashed again. I apologize if I'm offending anyone.

I hear ya. I was just jumping in, maybe I should go back and first read, apologies.
I thought I read open casket, but now I'm not sure. All I'm seeing is public viewing and visitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer