Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #39

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by 0101ABA, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michiganmod

michiganmod Member

I'd ask him, should we be taking a break from sleuthing for a week or two and let you work in peace because you've got this? Or if LE still needs our input, tips, and thoughts can they release some info for us to do so.

2. Bemused

Bemused New Member

For every answer I have at least five more questions. Asking the right questions makes a huge difference, too. I feel like I know less now than yesterday.

3. ezrah

ezrah Member

I have to agree with you. The radio interview by Sgt. Slocum recently really left the impression that LE has a handle on it imo. The scaling down on number of investigators working on the case would be an indicator as well. jmho

4. Bemused

Bemused New Member

I agree and I'm guessing part of that decision is because of what's on the video, but that's just speculation.

5. kc1023

kc1023 Well-Known Member

Hello NIN! Love your work!

Regarding the gif you made yesterday of BG "walking" - can you do this with the 2 stills matching up? You know how in one pic BG is kind of slanted over - it doesn't match the tracks of the other pic. I did see somewhere in these many threads that someone straightened him up so I think it is possible. Hope this makes sense and is not too difficult or time consuming - if not feel free to ignore me ;)

Thanks!

6. Bemused

Bemused New Member

Does LE ever use that request for DNA as a bluff? I think they surely must asking suspects to take polygraph even though inadmissible in court, correct?

7. tokyorose

tokyorose Well-Known Member

Does anybody know when the last time LE specifically asked for tips identifying who BG is? I would ask LE if they are still trying to identify BG..

8. Bemused

Bemused New Member

ETA reading comprehension

I misread what you wrote, apologies

9. Justice101

Justice101 Well-Known Member

That is sort of where I was thinking that he went past them to the end of the RR where he turned around. By then, the girls were walking back to the north side. He caught up with them there and he pulled a gun and forced them to the right and eventually they went "down the hill."

I just somehow guess that Libby had a chance to hit the record button on her phone without being detected and put it in her back pocket where it continued to record.

But I have been known to be wrong.
    Again, I still think it would be very risky for him to either force them across the creek or to drag them there after their murders. Any stumble or loss of balance traversing (even a shallow) body of water would allow one of them to run. So, I still think they never crossed the creek.

10. DavidC

DavidC Member

That is simply not true and I wish it would stop being repeated.

It was reported by media......true.......but they were quoting a "source close to the investigation".

11. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I notice "The stuff of nightmares" is mentioned quite often here. As if some might think it eludes to something more. Something that's not yet disclosed.

Anybody feel free to straighten me out but really, what could be a worse nightmare than what we already know? Two good pals, both gr 8 students being murdered while innocently going for just a short hike in broad daylight on a scenic trail considered totally safe, on a day that school happened to be out. It doesn't get much worse than that, in terms of nightmares, does it?

12. Nightwatch2020

Nightwatch2020 New Member

The stuff I put in bold is my exact train of thought too Beth! I might ask "What happened to those poor girls after they went "down the hill"?"

Or just make general statements that are sort of vague so he may try to steer you in the right direction. Like "I hope there isn't some kind of serial killer running around out there" and he can respond with answers like "Well I wouldn't be too worried they've got a guy in mind" or "Yeah, I hope they get this guy soon".

13. tokyorose

tokyorose Well-Known Member

My understanding is the video is just BG on the bridge and the audio comes as they are being led to where they were found (JMO) I do not think they have video of the crime just audio ( that is horrible IMO) I wonder if they won't release the video because BG speaks on it... what if his voice does not sound like "down the hill" and they don't want to let on that they know there is more than one perp? just a thought

14. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Wasn't it verfied that the high that day was 43? That is not that warm and bridges tend to be windy/colder, imo.

15. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Well-Known Member

i agree

16. ninij9

ninij9 Well-Known Member

Not trying to be a B, but "A source close to the investigation" is a tabloid phrase if I've ever heard one.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

17. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

I agree with you. It should be considered an opinion. Believe me, I was glad to see that GH continues to re-evaluate information to improve upon positioning. Someone above mentioned about how the angles won't matter in the end, and that is true. But until then it is things like GH's work (and others) that will allow us to better define the scope and flow of the crime. Unfortunately it takes time - likely hundreds of hours - just to get to a situation where we can discover something LE already knows that will help us to make progress in investigating this case. We have quite a bit to work with that hasn't been exhausted yet. Everything that happened from A to Z tells us something about the crime and the killer(s).

So, in this particular aspect - how far BG was from the girls - the key question for me is how does BG manage to freeze the girls or have command and control over them at distance with no evidence of any weapon at the time from the beginning of the recording to at least the point where the stills come from?

18. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I agree. I thought it seemed like excellent progress when it was mentioned during that interview there were 13 people in jail right then due to arrests (not connected to the murders) while checking on tips. The connection between law violators and murderers through tips is a good starting point if nothing else. They only need to find a minimum of one who's the guilty one.

19. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Welcome stellamickey :)
    :welcome2:

Agreed he is comfortable with heights. I too posted these same thoughts upstream.re: the possibility of a roofer, as well as other occupations that might involve heights (scaffolding/construction, cable/utility, etc.).

20. relay

relay Active Member

I don't have a link, but I am a numbers and fact minded person. I recall the high on February 13th was 43 in Delphi. When I go walking when the temperature in in the low 40's, I am quite comfy wearing light clothing and a thin hoodie. I would feel overheated if I were to wear what the suspect appeared to be wearing. I weigh 100lbs and don't have much natural insulation, either. At the beginning of my walks I feel a bit chilled but warm up within a few minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.