IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one hope you choose to keep posting as I very much enjoy your posts. they are very eloquently written with an open heart and mind I believe and I find that very refreshing that you are so easily able to speak so well off the cuff . .you should be a writer if you arent already.
Thank you.

I don't think the families have any more info than what we have. What questions could be asked of them? I'm sure LE and DA has advised them to keep their mouths shut for the interest of the case against the girl's killer/s.

Sent from my LGL51AL using Tapatalk

I agree with you. I was disheartened by the seemingly lack of interest or enthusiasm about the baseball field plans by those covering the press conference, which was my original point.

I agree with you. I was disheartened by the seemingly lack of interest or enthusiasm about the baseball field plans by those covering the press conference, which was my original point.
Yeah, media is always looking for sensationalism. Apparently ball fields are not exciting enough for them.

Maybe some people would first have BG caught and behind bars before big plans of baseball fields, bridge repairs etc going on? Couldn't those types of things be held off for now? There is still a murder or murderers out there. JMO

Maybe some people would first have BG caught and behind bars before big plans of baseball fields, bridge repairs etc going on? Couldn't those types of things be held off for now? There is still a murder or murderers out there. JMO
A very relevant point. On second thought I guess the people need some diversion, and it keeps a positive spin. The police will continue.

Yeah, media is always looking for sensationalism. Apparently ball fields are not exciting enough for them.

Plans for a ball field named after 2 gruesome murdered girls (long?) before finding the killer/killers - that's in the totally wrong sequence, IMO. All these actions I find almost irreverent.

I had the same thought as well. Part of it seems premature to me, but if it's a way for the families to show their love for the girls then I can understand.

Overall though, today seemed premature. /moo

And I don't mean anything towards the families. But something about it all seems rushed. As you stated, there is still a murderer out there.

Plans for a ball field named after 2 gruesome murdered girls (long?) before finding the killer/killers - that's in the totally wrong sequence, IMO.
It keeps the case in the forefront, and the people need to regain some positive goals in their community. The law should respond in like turn by finding the killer---it won't be forgotten, nor will it be miscarried if the killer finds justice some other way.

A very relevant point. On second thought I guess the people need some diversion, and it keeps a positive spin. The police will continue.

A baseball field being built is a good thing I agree but the timing in my opinion is too soon, as justice should come first. JMO again

I'm a little embarrassed to say I felt a little confused emotionally watching it like, I'm supposed to be happy about the field but the same time I feel horrible for the parents/grandparents cause you can't imagine how it has to feel for them, and no band or field is going to ease that pain imo. Idk maybe i need to get on the positive train. Sorry if this seems negative. I'm just saying how I personally feel. I can't know how they or anyone else feels.Imo always

Since it won't be LE that build the ballpark, I don't really see building it and solving the murders being mutually exclusive actions. The murders in Evansdale still aren't solved, but I don't believe many, if any, people feel it was inappropriate to build the park there for them. To me, it seems like anything that might help the families to feel that a bit of good came from the deaths, no matter how small, is better than just focusing on the pain and loss.

MOO

A baseball field being built is a good thing I agree but the timing in my opinion is too soon, as justice should come first. JMO again
Very good point, still the girls' families need the focus shifted from off tem directly, and back into the community where it belongs. The family think had the choice. They need to heal, and if this helps, then it is proper.

I agree in my own opinion it is too soon but if it has Liberty and Abbey's families approval then it should go ahead. Elizabeth and Lyric who were murdered in Evansdale, Iowa have a memorial garden and their killer is still out there. Though their garden didn't happen for a much longer period after they were found. Unfortunately none of us know how long we are going to be waiting here for an arrest and justice for Abbey and Libby. But I hope and pray it is as soon as possible.

Since it won't be LE that build the ballpark, I don't really see building it and solving the murders being mutually exclusive actions. The murders in Evansdale still aren't solved, but I don't believe many, if any, people feel it was inappropriate to build the park there for them. To me, it seems like anything that might help the families to feel that a bit of good came from the deaths, no matter how small, is better than just focusing on the pain and loss.

MOO

I see your point and agree as well. However, I will say, it's not even been 3 months.

I do hope it helps the families.

Sometimes from past events, these sort of plans happen when there is not a concrete resolution after many months have gone by. For the girls and all families involved, I hope there is a nice ball field and BG is caught soon.

MOO

I do agree it's a good positive thing to do. Thanks you're right.

Gawd. Why name a ball field for children after murdered children? What a downer. Kids don't need to be reminded constantly of the horror that happened. A ball park should not conjure images of murdered kids. IMHO it is an knee jerk reaction done for purely emotional reasons and is meaningless. You can't honor the murdered by depressing the future players. Bad karma.

JMHO but I do not like this idea.

I see your point and agree as well. However, I will say, it's not even been 3 months.

I do hope it helps the families.

Sometimes from past events, these sort of plans happen when there is not a concrete resolution after many months have gone by. For the girls and all families involved, I hope there is a nice ball field and BG is caught soon.
I felt the same trepidation when I thought of the killer never being caught (God Forbid), but then I acquiesced to the idea, knowing the family needs to focus on more than themselves. But initially I agreed. Still it is a touchy point, very tender to the feelings of loss, and making null all joy.

I love this idea - what a wonderful way to honor and remember the girls.

Saving Abel will headline a benefit concert to raise money for a sports complex being built in Delphi in memory of murdered teens Abigail "Abby" Williams and Liberty "Libby" German.

[snipped]

The sports complex will consist of "a couple of softball fields and a park" and will feature areas where kids and their families can enjoy sports, the arts and each other.

"We want to give back to the community and the nation that has been so good to us," said Mike Patty, Liberty's grandfather.

The families have been working in the weeks since the girls were murdered to develop plans for the complex and ways to raise funds to make it happen.

"We did not realize how big of an undertaking this was going to be," said Becky Patty, Liberty's grandmother. "There was money coming in and we wanted to do something with it to honor the girls."

Planning the park has become a source of comfort for both families, and they want to make it somewhere they can go to find peace and where the girls will be forever remembered in their community.

"This is why we are here because this has become our focus," said Becky. "We can't bring those girls back, but we can make sure that they are remembered."

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ll-concert-in-memory-of-murdered-delphi-teens

Gawd. Why name a ball field for children after murdered children? What a downer. Kids don't need to be reminded constantly of the horror that happened. A ball park should not conjure images of murdered kids. IMHO it is an knee jerk reaction done for purely emotional reasons and is meaningless. You can't honor the murdered by depressing the future players. Bad karma.

JMHO but I do not like this idea.

Your honesty is refreshing and a part of me completely agrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraGanis