IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I must have misunderstood your meaning in your post "WS Admin stated no SA charges in this case." That sounded to me that WS Admin had made a statement regarding the charges that would be filed and that there would be no SA charges. Upon rereading it myself, Tricia was saying that there has been no statement from LE one way or another. That was what I thought. Thx.
Right, I was working on permissible topics and misstated the overall. Sorry.

Following x

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I don't know. I wonder if they were on that bridge or in those woods.

Unless LE releases video, more photos and more audio....we may never know.

Sent from my LGL51AL using Tapatalk
B
I don't understand your posts....Are you implying that the Deputy in this photo needs an "alabi???????

The white truck parked next to the grain bin/silo is NOT RL's truck. Watch this as the truck pulls out and drives towards the reporter: @1:10
[video=youtube;_uNNhh76_zc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uNNhh76_zc[/video]

"One wrong step and you could fall into that creek"
Reporter describing how difficult it is to get to the crime scene.
Pointing this out for people who may still be wondering why the search was called off when it got dark.
FWIW

Yes, those words were burned in my memory - I was for certain I heard LE say that. Glad for the help in clarifying.

It's so easy to get confused, so much was happening in the first couple of weeks. It was the media that stated a 'source' had told them the video was 'the stuff of nightmares'

ETA: BOP did it better. Thanks BOP!

B
I don't understand your posts....Are you implying that the Deputy in this photo needs an "?????????????
I'm implying that solely based on the BG photos that are currently available, the identity of BG will likely never be known. The face is so vague.

Jmo anyone unfortunate enough to view the bodies of two young girls who were presumed lost would be likely to have nightmares.

I agree with you on being befuddled (one of my favorite words btw) and I truly saw utter disbelief not only in his body language but his words that this happened on his property or in Delphi. Thanks for your input.
I think RL knows or saw something inadvertently and may very well be fearful AND befuddled!

I disagree and JMO:

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-rights/probable-cause.html

Probable cause refers to the amount and quality of information required to arrest someone, to search or seize private property in many cases, or to charge someone with a crime. Probable cause to arrest, search, or seize property exists when facts and circumstances known to the police officer would lead a reasonable person to believe:
  • that the person to be arrested has committed a crime;
  • that the place to be searched was the scene of a crime;
  • that the place to be searched contains evidence of a crime; and/or
  • that property to be seized is contraband, stolen, or constitutes evidence of a crime.

I think RL knows or saw something inadvertently and may very well be fearful AND befuddled!

Thank you - the layout of this forum changed completely for me about 30 minutes ago - I don't even have the ability to "thank" a poster the usual way. Will log off and close browser and reenter to see if that helps.:)
I have to refresh my page after each submission to clear the Thank You button. Nor will new posts feed in without a refresh. It is constant pop-up advertisements and key sluggishness, stickiness, and space bar interference anyway.

There are currently 104 users browsing this thread. (45 members and 59 guests)

Love from Australia. :grouphug:

This crime needs to be solved.

I disagree and JMO:

Probable cause refers to the amount and quality of information required to arrest someone, to search or seize private property in many cases, or to charge someone with a crime. Probable cause to arrest, search, or seize property exists when facts and circumstances known to the police officer would lead a reasonable person to believe:
  • that property to be seized is contraband, stolen, or constitutes evidence of a crime.

Thank you for posting this. Going to keep handy for reference when this topic comes up again.

I disagree and JMO:

I want to clarify that a search warrant is executed on a place or a property, to search for evidence of a crime. A LEO will go to a judge and submit an affidavit establishing why he or she feels there is probable cause that evidence will be found if a property is searched. It is not always connected to the owner of the property. IMO, if a body is found on a property, that's pretty strong probable cause that you will find other evidence of a crime on that property because you found a body.

LE needs and wants a search warrant because people have protections against search and seizure under the 4th and 14th amendments. There's a long body of case law interpreting the amendment that outlines when things that are seized can be found inadmissible at trial. Because of that risk, LE is usually very careful to get every warrant and do the proper paperwork to avoid any possible problems down the line. The last thing you want at trial is to have a defense attorney win a motion to have certain evidence excluded because it was improperly handled by the police.

"One wrong step and you could fall into that creek"
Reporter describing how difficult it is to get to the crime scene.
Pointing this out for people who may still be wondering why the search was called off when it got dark.
FWIW

Is there a source for the search being called off when it got dark? My understanding is that the search didn't start until 5:30 p.m., which would be nearly dark already, I suspect (I live maybe 1,000 miles south of Indiana, but even here it gets dark early in February). I seem to recall rumors that the search went on until after midnight, with one searcher saying he'd search 'til he dropped.

I have to refresh my page after each submission to clear the Thank You button. Nor will new posts feed in without a refresh. It is constant pop-up advertisements and key sluggishness, stickiness, and space bar interference anyway.

After you are logged go back and turn java script off. Jmo

Not anymore than the deputy in front of him.
The photo of BG is SO vague. It could be anyone.

This is exactly why I don't think that even people who are familiar with BG recognize him from the pictures! Even if they saw a passing resemblance to their loved one or friend, they would write it off, because BG looks like virtually 75% of all the men they know. It's the added piece of information that MIGHT make them take a second look. They would need additional pieces to the puzzle, like discovering that their loved one lied about where he was that day. If BG is good at covering his tracks and has no conscience to make him act differently, then they would have no way of knowing if they were actually living with or visiting BG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member