IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing this a bit differently. Given the mountain of tips to sort through, and what must be an equal amount of forensic tests, then the analysis the DA must do, I'd say this case is right on schedule.

Fear not, i am confident an arrest is coming. And yes, someone is looking over their shoulder. L.E.'s got this. No doubt in my mind.

Let's hope so the latest tweet about the case is optimistic.

Sgt. Tony Slocum @ISPPeru
Replying to @BulldogBiology
I am sorry I do not... investigators are still working hard..the day will come

#FindHim #JusticeForAbbeyandLibby

Let's hope so the latest tweet about the case is optimistic.

#FindHim #JusticeForAbbeyandLibby

Hi gjr, just getting in here, what is the initial question for reference? I scrolled back a little, didn't see it... Thanks! (Sorry if I missed it)

(Eta: Whatever it is, it's answered with a negative.)

Eta: I'm guessing the question is about an arrest or lead? I'll just go to the link.

Checking in x

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

So, Foxfire would say "there's a reason he's gone undetected this long...".

What is this reason(s)?

ETA: Answering myself: Skilled, experienced hunter.

So, Foxfire would say "there's a reason he's gone undetected this long...".

What are these reasons?

I've heard of this Foxfire being referenced quite often; however, I haven't been an active poster until this case. I gather he's a previous poster? Based off of what some people have posted, he seemed to have some great insights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi gjr, just getting in here, what is the initial question for reference? I scrolled back a little, didn't see it... Thanks! (Sorry if I missed it)

(Eta: Whatever it is, it's answered with a negative.)
[FONT=&amp]Doc Sunday‏ @BulldogBiology [video=twitter;862450172504276992]https://twitter.com/BulldogBiology/status/862450172504276992[/video]More

@ISPPeru My forensics students have been following Abby and Libby's story since Feb. Any news I can share with them?

Reply:
[/FONT]

This case of a missing little girl was solved within a few days with her DNA:
[FONT=&quot]The warrant details how Harrington killed the young girl after kidnapping her from her home on or about May 5, after killing Iyana’s mother. Harrington placed Iyana Lowery’s body in a remote pool of water off New Bridge Road in McColl, where she was discovered May 14. Harrington “transported [Iyana] in a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse,” where Iyana’s DNA was found in the trunk of the car, the warrant reports.[/FONT]

http://wbtw.com/2017/05/17/warrants...ping-murder-of-8-year-old-bennettsville-girl/

Is SC so far ahead of Indiana with DNA results?

(Um, will pass on the statement analysis for now...(not big on statement analysis anyway BUT, cough..)

(ETA: Gah just heard Skibby's voice, "don't dangle a carrot!", lol!)

(Alright, moo, first words are negative, though fairly its a direct answer to a direct question and maybe just a realistic non sugarcoated response. The second 2 clauses are optimistic, though, bUT indirect-"the day"....)

Quote from Sgt. Slocum above "the day will come" How about today's the day. Please get the perp/s who murdered LG and AW! Before he/they strike again. Hmmm unless LE know the perp or perps are in jail already and aren't going anywhere. (No not RL)

You all remember the Scott Peterson case, right? Well, when that story broke I was a frequent member and contributor to an AOL true crime group. (Ha ha, that was a really long time ago...) Someone got on there one night and "theorized" about what might have happened to Lacy. They talked about the hypothetical argument about his mistress that might have happened, talked about how and where he struck Lacy, how she died, how he cleaned up her blood and wrapped her up. How he put her in his trunk and drove out to the water. I mean, this guys theory was totally detailed.

And, as it turns out, totally accurate. He posted all of those things the night she was reported missing-long before we knew anything about Amber Frey, where Scott had been fishing, etc.The guy never posted again and his profile went inactive.

It was THAT case that got me interested in true crime communities and people's theories in general. Although none of us did anything to help solve that crime, we really enjoyed each other's company and learned a lot about police procedural.

There is still a part of me that thinks that might have been Scott posting. It makes me wonder how often BG revisits HIS crime-either by going back to the trail or by hanging out with "us." Of course, maybe he doesn't at all. But you never know!

This is a most interesting post. Top Notch! I was a courtv.com activist!

If I may add one thing, it would be that one of our former members did help in Lacy's murder. She went to Lacy's home when Scott was locked up during his trial. She snapped photos of the bags of concrete Scott purchased. She later proved helpful in the Travis Alexander murder, became friends of his family, posted here frequently and was on Tricia's podcast. Her sister's killer is on death row. She also maintains a blog for living a healthier lifestyle. Meet Kathy Monkman...

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/katie-and-jordys-excellent-adventure-6397064

[Kathy] Monkman and McCallie's first trip was supposed to put them in the courtroom for four days. But court was canceled on the first day, so they made the two-hour drive to Scott and Laci's house in Modesto.

They hadn't planned to take pictures. But once they were standing in front of the Peterson house, McCallie snapped photograph after photograph: the house, the path that Laci supposedly walked on the morning her disappearance, the driveway.

Something at the rear of the driveway caught Monkman's eye.

"What is that back there?"

"It's a bag of concrete mix," McCallie replied.

Concrete was one of the case's big mysteries. Scott had admitted to police detectives that, soon before his wife's murder, he'd purchased a big bag of cement mix -- "something like" 60 to 90 pounds -- but could only produce one small anchor he'd made for his boat. Prosecutors argued that he used the rest to weigh down his wife's corpse, but Peterson said he'd shored up a fence post and fixed his driveway. [....]

I'm seeing this a bit differently. Given the mountain of tips to sort through, and what must be an equal amount of forensic tests, then the analysis the DA must do, I'd say this case is right on schedule.

Fear not, i am confident an arrest is coming. And yes, someone is looking over their shoulder. L.E.'s got this. No doubt in my mind.
Too bad we can't rate posts.
Anyway I saw the profile in the Evansville case came out almost a year after the discovery of the deceased. Perhaps that part of the case is what she meant by 'right on schedule'

I agree with you. I've never heard of "building a case" (aside from maybe a carpenter) as much as here. Generally someone believed to be involved at the very least will get charged with Obstruction of Justice (lying) or some other relatively minor charge directly associated to the homicide. Then everyone knows who the finger is pointed at and suddenly "oh ya" memories spring forth and even more evidence is compiled. (Much the same as RL except the opposite as LE repeatedly denied his charged were connected.)

In my opinion three months on and the seeking of "somebody must know" tips is not a positive sign. Unfortunately.
I get the feeling that not many of us believe RL is involved except that he owns the land where the girls were found. Are there any who think he is involved to a deeper degree than that at this time?

Your scenario seems contradictory to me. If LE were "building a case" around a certain suspect, why would they continue to waste time, energy and resources on sorting through a mountain of tips and interviewing others?
My view on the tips still being sorted thru is that some may point to one suspect more than others and may have specific information relative to that one suspect that checks out and helps to convict. LE would be negligent if they did not go thru these tips with a fine tooth comb. The murderer is in one (if not more) of those tips I believe. So it certainly is not a waste of time IMO. They may even have half a dozen possibles for all we know.

No unfortunately just a lot of hoping and praying for justice. Thanks everyone for keeping the threads going and for keeping hope alive.

Yes i think we all care enough about this one to keep the threads going even if its just out of respect and affection for those two young girls and their families. We'll keep right on sleuthing and when the big news comes through we'll be there to celebrate LE and all their efforts and most importantly the much awaited justice that finally sees BG put right where he belongs..

Yes i think we all care enough about this one to keep the threads going even if its just out of respect and affection for those two young girls and their families. And when the big news comes through we'll be there too to celebrate LE and all their work and the justice that sees BG put right where he belongs.
Yes, including following the trial that puts him there. With the potential to solve other murders too, this case is surely significant I believe.

I've heard of this Foxfire being referenced quite often; however, I haven't been an active poster until this case. I gather he's a previous poster? Based off of what some people have posted, he seemed to have some great insights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foxfire was a muchly loved and respected sleuther eho earned his wings, and went to his heavenly home. Those of is who had the honor of sleuthing with him, miss him a great deal. Excellent logic, terrific instinct.

Perhaps tomorrow I can find the link. Two days ago I ran across an article where a man from Logansport said he liked to drive 20-30 minutes just for these trails and the bridge. From the tone of the article, certain people from outside of Delphi, but in the surrounding area, know about the bridge. They like to take their kids to walk and hike, etc.

I don't get the impression that this area is super unknown. It seems people do know about it, but those who like to hike and be outside, etc.

I think for sure it's a hit or miss thing. I am very outdoorsy and love to hike. Moved to the greater Delphi area (lol) in 2001 for work and had never heard of or been to the Monon High Bridge. So, I think it's very fair to say that it's highly unlikely you know of the bridge and trails unless you're from Delphi or close...or an extremely avid explorer, etc.

Another thing that I didn't know was that the girls' school was out that day.

BG knew a lot...

I think for sure it's a hit or miss thing. I am very outdoorsy and love to hike. Moved to the greater Delphi area (lol) in 2001 for work and had never heard of or been to the Monon High Bridge. So, I think it's very fair to say that it's highly unlikely you know of the bridge and trails unless you're from Delphi or close...or an extremely avid explorer, etc.

BG knew a lot...
If BG had a girlfriend who attended high school in Delphi he would have probably known that there was no school that Monday in February. MOO
Eternal rest grant unto Abby and Libby.❤

I am very outdoorsy and love to hike. Moved to the greater Delphi area (lol) in 2001 for work and had never heard of or been to the Monon High Bridge. So, I think it's very fair to say that it's highly unlikely you know of the bridge and trails unless you're from Delphi or close...or an extremely avid explorer, etc.

A few comments:

1. The bridge is more walking than 'hiking'. You walk down a shortish, flat, maintained trail and then you walk out on the bridge. You return by backtracking. It wouldn't be a satisfying hike to a real hiker. If you're looking for a greater challenge, I suppose you could walk the 505 steps down to the creek in the Mary Gerard Nature Preserve, which begins at the same W300N trailhead.

2. I think the trail was upgraded after the opening of the 25/Hoosier Heartland Highway in 2013. The benches, signage, bridge over the 25 are all fairly recent. I know the bridge has been a 'trail' since 1987 or so but was probably even more low-key until the upgrades.

BG knew a lot...

Yes, he did. One thing that visiting the Monon Bridge makes clear is that BG is a local or has spent enough time in the area to be considered local.

The terrain is difficult. Dense woods even in winter. It is very difficult to orient yourself to the winding river and to navigate the roads around it. The access roads close to the bridge are almost impossible to identify unless you hike in and walk them on foot.

And if you're going to spend a lot of time scouting the area, chances that you'll be seen by someone are very good. The trail is close to the road on the north side. The trailhead where the girls were dropped off is right in front of a Mears house and people are often working outside there. On the south side, the only access is by passing a succession of close-to-the-road residences on 625W. There is no turnaround except by either backing up the road or into someone's driveway.

The cemetery, however, dips down at the back near Ron Logan's pasture gate and you can park a vehicle there without being seen from the road. But there's no clear trail down to the river from there, and it's not easy to get to the bridge. From the looks of it, it seems very unlikely that anyone could drag two adult-size bodies through the dense woods (even in winter) down to the body recovery area -- at least without it being very, very obvious that someone did this.

This was not in any way a casual, opportunistic crime committed by a passerby or transient. It required knowledge of the area and -- this is so important -- loads of confidence in that knowledge.

I am very outdoorsy and love to hike. Moved to the greater Delphi area (lol) in 2001 for work and had never heard of or been to the Monon High Bridge. So, I think it's very fair to say that it's highly unlikely you know of the bridge and trails unless you're from Delphi or close...or an extremely avid explorer, etc.

BG knew a lot...

A few comments:

1. The bridge is more walking than 'hiking'. You walk down a shortish, flat, maintained trail and then you walk out on the bridge. You return by backtracking. It wouldn't be a satisfying hike to a real hiker. If you're looking for a greater challenge, I suppose you could walk the 505 steps down to the creek in the Mary Gerard Nature Preserve, which begins at the same W300N trailhead.

2. I think the trail was upgraded after the opening of the 25/Hoosier Heartland Highway in 2013. The benches, signage, bridge over the 25 are all fairly recent. I know the bridge has been a 'trail' since 1987 or so but was probably even more low-key until the upgrades.

Yes, he did. One thing that visiting the Monon Bridge makes clear is that BG is a local or has spent enough time in the area to be considered local.

The terrain is difficult. Dense woods even in winter. It is very difficult to orient yourself to the winding river and to navigate the roads around it. The access roads close to the bridge are almost impossible to identify unless you hike in and walk them on foot.

And if you're going to spend a lot of time scouting the area, chances that you'll be seen by someone are very good. The trail is close to the road on the north side. The trailhead where the girls were dropped off is right in front of a Mears house and people are often working outside there. On the south side, the only access is by passing a succession of close-to-the-road residences on 625W. There is no turnaround except by either backing up the road or into someone's driveway.

The cemetery, however, dips down at the back near Ron Logan's pasture gate and you can park a vehicle there without being seen from the road. But there's no clear trail down to the river from there, and it's not easy to get to the bridge. From the looks of it, it seems very unlikely that anyone could drag two adult-size bodies through the dense woods (even in winter) down to the body recovery area -- at least without it being very, very obvious that someone did this.

This was not in any way a casual, opportunistic crime committed by a passerby or transient. It required knowledge of the area and -- this is so important -- loads of confidence in that knowledge.

Excellent and interesting insight to the area around the bridge. Many tidbits to consider, especially in trying to flesh out the time flow and placement of BG and the girls from that bridge to where they ended up (and his escape). Also, good intel to help figure where he came from and was waiting before he met up with A & L. The BBM is particulary interesting.:thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288