Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiressleuth

Shiressleuth Former Member

All good points. And if any or all were relevant he would have surely told police as he was as shocked as everyone. Its also why his misdemeanours came to light so even more reason to tell anything he knows. I have already stated my opinions on the neighbour/searcher

Nancy1954 likes this.

2. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Well-Known Member

those are all plausible. however, if he was involved only peripherally i personally don't know why he would stop cooperating with the police. i would think he would do just the opposite.

3. whiskers

whiskers Well-Known Member

If no evidence is found, there really is no building a case. LE is all about evidence and investigation as they aren't attorneys. (Which we all know.) The actual main case is via an attorney/prosecutor. I suppose 'investigation' and 'case' could be interchangeable. But investigation is probably a better term to use for LE rather than 'building a case.'

In fact, this double homicide may benefit from a few private detectives.

4. ImnoSherlock

ImnoSherlock Occasional Poster

I agree with the bolded part,I dunno jack about the rest of what ya said.

5. Burnt Toast

we do know that a "significant" amount of evidence was collected, and we do know that as of three weeks ago they were still waiting on results from some forensic testing from the FBI's lab in virginia. since a private detective would not be privy to any files or evidence on the case they would be starting from scratch.

6. whiskers

whiskers Well-Known Member

Then hopefully they have what they need when evidence is returned from Quantico. It will help speed up the investigation. Especially if there are any valuable missing pieces.

If the case goes cold, which we hope it doesn't, sometimes families bring in detectives. It will obviously be up to them.

7. ImnoSherlock

ImnoSherlock Occasional Poster

LE could choose to share with a PI, I don't think that is unheard of.As far as starting 3 months in from scratch,what would having fresh eyes on the case hurt? It's my understanding that sometimes a PI can get info that reg LE can't.

Nancy1954 likes this.
  8. Burnt Toast

i was really surprised that they even shared that they were still waiting on " more" testing. i don't know why they even did because i certainly don't expect them to share any results prior to an arrest.

9. Shiressleuth

I thought the not cooperating charges were dropped weren't they?

10. ReggieHammond

ReggieHammond Member

If LE was so set in charging people with violations unrelated to this case, I probably would stop talking also. It doesn’t look right in the court of public opinion, but if I had nothing to do with this case, but me talking with LE (and providing an alibi) would lead to me getting in trouble for something totally unrelated, I’d clam up too. I always thought that was a mistake by LE, to publicize that they wouldn’t overlook any issues somebody had, even if they had nothing to do here. To me, that just seemed like an easy way to get a whole lot of people to keep information to themselves…...MOO

Nancy1954 likes this.
  11. Burnt Toast

he stopped talking to the police shortly after his arrest on the advice of his attorney. last we knew he was not answering LE questions.

12. Area52

Area52 Well-Known Member

The charges of Obstruction of Justice and False Informing were dropped in return for his guilty plea. However, he still has a right to not speak to anyone, i.e. "The right to remain silent" Hope this explains it for you.

13. Shiressleuth

Thanks for confirming Thats what I thought. I asked because another poster stated he wasn't cooperating and I knew that wasn't right and the charges were dropped.

14. IceIce9

IceIce9 Well-Known Member

On the advice of his attorney. He probably should have retained an attorney before he spoke at all.

Too many citizens don't take advantage of their right to silence and their right to be represented by an attorney.

Nancy1954 likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Yes it sure is. Which is why I keep coming back to BGs getaway as one of the most important points.

Either BG had a very quick and sneaky way to get out of there without being seen OR he never really had to leave.

16. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

There are many other ways besides the cemetery and where the girls were dropped off to get to the trails and bridge.

Nancy1954 likes this.
  17. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

I've wondered that myself.

18. Shiressleuth

The set of footprints which probably led up to the cemetery and his vehicle perhaps.

19. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

Whether your charged with a crime or not, ppl do have the right not to talk. JMO, he is following his lawyer's advice.

Nancy1954 likes this.
  20. Shiressleuth

From the crime scene how many ways are there to leave ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.