IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasons some may feel RL holds info or could be peripherally involved might include:

He WAS out driving that day, going to and from, so may have seen activity or person (s) of interest also outside around there at that time.

A neighbor came to his door around 6:30 asking if it was OK to search his property and they may have had additional conversation.

What neighbor found the girls? Could it be same one? If so, ironic.

Said neighbor may have seen activity or person (s) and mentioned to RL.

He has lived there more than 50 yrs, likely knows those nearby who have lived there too, present and past, and perhaps knows a lot of their personal info so may know something that way as in a link from one person to another including possible shady personalities or connections.

He may have had someone staying with him in Feb, or off and on, or in the past who could be involved somehow.

Perhaps someone borrowed his truck that day or on occasion in the past.

He may know who frequents the bridge, who hunts in the area or just likes to walk the woods.

Someone he knows in the area may have unusual interest in young girls or other traits or habits that are odd.
He may feel he strongly recognized BG and even told LE and could be fearful hence his serving time is warranted yes but also not entirely undesirable to him as it keeps him safe from harm until an arrest when perhaps he will get off on time served. (Sentence does seem a bit heavy handed to me.)

May have picked up a rider while he was leaving/returning that day.

May have seen a vehicle parked in the vicinity and possibly even approached driver inquiringly or had some interaction of sorts about it.

He may be suspicious of a neighbor and asked questions that caused the neighbor to share info that RL then shared with LE putting him at risk and thereby involving him.

He may have a friend or relative who visited day before, night before, that morning.

He may pay someone to do work for him on occasion and this person may be involved or brought someone along at times who may be.

He may know more about drug use or nefarious activity in the area than we would think!

He may have seen a car or person multiple times scouting the area but did not think much of it at the time.

Maybe he attends community meetings that bring him in contact with someone of interest.

Some one has done some work on his truck and been around the area?

May know transients in the area?

He likely knows delivery persons in the area if he sees them regularly OR may know of a delivery to the area That day, saw delivery truck, etc.

Many ways he cld be involved, not just that they were left on his land which was likely by happenstance I would think. IDK!!! Just thoughts!!!!
All good points. And if any or all were relevant he would have surely told police as he was as shocked as everyone. Its also why his misdemeanours came to light so even more reason to tell anything he knows. I have already stated my opinions on the neighbour/searcher

Reasons some may feel RL holds info or could be peripherally involved might include:

He WAS out driving that day, going to and from, so may have seen activity or person (s) of interest also outside around there at that time.

A neighbor came to his door around 6:30 asking if it was OK to search his property and they may have had additional conversation.

What neighbor found the girls? Could it be same one? If so, ironic.

Said neighbor may have seen activity or person (s) and mentioned to RL.

He has lived there more than 50 yrs, likely knows those nearby who have lived there too, present and past, and perhaps knows a lot of their personal info so may know something that way as in a link from one person to another including possible shady personalities or connections.

He may have had someone staying with him in Feb, or off and on, or in the past who could be involved somehow.

Perhaps someone borrowed his truck that day or on occasion in the past.

He may know who frequents the bridge, who hunts in the area or just likes to walk the woods.

Someone he knows in the area may have unusual interest in young girls or other traits or habits that are odd.
He may feel he strongly recognized BG and even told LE and could be fearful hence his serving time is warranted yes but also not entirely undesirable to him as it keeps him safe from harm until an arrest when perhaps he will get off on time served. (Sentence does seem a bit heavy handed to me.)

May have picked up a rider while he was leaving/returning that day.

May have seen a vehicle parked in the vicinity and possibly even approached driver inquiringly or had some interaction of sorts about it.

He may be suspicious of a neighbor and asked questions that caused the neighbor to share info that RL then shared with LE putting him at risk and thereby involving him.

He may have a friend or relative who visited day before, night before, that morning.

He may pay someone to do work for him on occasion and this person may be involved or brought someone along at times who may be.

He may know more about drug use or nefarious activity in the area than we would think!

He may have seen a car or person multiple times scouting the area but did not think much of it at the time.

Maybe he attends community meetings that bring him in contact with someone of interest.

Some one has done some work on his truck and been around the area?

May know transients in the area?

He likely knows delivery persons in the area if he sees them regularly OR may know of a delivery to the area That day, saw delivery truck, etc.

Many ways he cld be involved, not just that they were left on his land which was likely by happenstance I would think. IDK!!! Just thoughts!!!!
those are all plausible. however, if he was involved only peripherally i personally don't know why he would stop cooperating with the police. i would think he would do just the opposite.

LE and prosecutors build cases to charge someone with a crime. attorneys representing the accused build their own case on why their client didn't do it.

If no evidence is found, there really is no building a case. LE is all about evidence and investigation as they aren't attorneys. (Which we all know.) The actual main case is via an attorney/prosecutor. I suppose 'investigation' and 'case' could be interchangeable. But investigation is probably a better term to use for LE rather than 'building a case.'

In fact, this double homicide may benefit from a few private detectives.

If no evidence is found, there really is no building a case. LE is all about evidence and investigation as they aren't attorneys. (Which we all know.) The actual main case is via an attorney. I suppose 'investigation' and 'case' could be interchangeable. But investigation is probably a better term to use for LE rather than 'building a case.'

I agree with the bolded part,I dunno jack about the rest of what ya said.

If no evidence is found, there really is no building a case. LE is all about evidence and investigation as they aren't attorneys. (Which we all know.) The actual main case is via an attorney/prosecutor. I suppose 'investigation' and 'case' could be interchangeable. But investigation is probably a better term to use for LE rather than 'building a case.'

we do know that a "significant" amount of evidence was collected, and we do know that as of three weeks ago they were still waiting on results from some forensic testing from the FBI's lab in virginia. since a private detective would not be privy to any files or evidence on the case they would be starting from scratch.

we do know that a "significant" amount of evidence was collected, and we do know that as of three weeks ago they were still waiting on results from some forensic testing from the FBI's lab in virginia. since a private detective would not be privy to any files or evidence on the case they would be starting from scratch.

Then hopefully they have what they need when evidence is returned from Quantico. It will help speed up the investigation. Especially if there are any valuable missing pieces.

If the case goes cold, which we hope it doesn't, sometimes families bring in detectives. It will obviously be up to them.

LE could choose to share with a PI, I don't think that is unheard of.As far as starting 3 months in from scratch,what would having fresh eyes on the case hurt? It's my understanding that sometimes a PI can get info that reg LE can't.

Then hopefully they have what they need when evidence is returned from Quantico. It will help speed up the investigation. Especially if there are any valuable missing pieces.

If the case goes cold, which we hope it doesn't, sometimes families bring in detectives. It will obviously be up to them.
i was really surprised that they even shared that they were still waiting on " more" testing. i don't know why they even did because i certainly don't expect them to share any results prior to an arrest.

those are all plausible. however, if he was involved only peripherally i personally don't know why he would stop cooperating with the police. i would think he would do just the opposite.
I thought the not cooperating charges were dropped weren't they?

If LE was so set in charging people with violations unrelated to this case, I probably would stop talking also. It doesn’t look right in the court of public opinion, but if I had nothing to do with this case, but me talking with LE (and providing an alibi) would lead to me getting in trouble for something totally unrelated, I’d clam up too. I always thought that was a mistake by LE, to publicize that they wouldn’t overlook any issues somebody had, even if they had nothing to do here. To me, that just seemed like an easy way to get a whole lot of people to keep information to themselves…...MOO

he stopped talking to the police shortly after his arrest on the advice of his attorney. last we knew he was not answering LE questions.

The charges of Obstruction of Justice and False Informing were dropped in return for his guilty plea. However, he still has a right to not speak to anyone, i.e. "The right to remain silent" Hope this explains it for you.

The charges of Obstruction of Justice and False Informing were dropped in return for his guilty plea. However, he still has a right to not speak to anyone, i.e. "The right to remain silent" Hope this explains it for you.
Thanks for confirming Thats what I thought. I asked because another poster stated he wasn't cooperating and I knew that wasn't right and the charges were dropped.

On the advice of his attorney. He probably should have retained an attorney before he spoke at all.

Too many citizens don't take advantage of their right to silence and their right to be represented by an attorney.

Wow...That's one heck of a tight timeframe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it sure is. Which is why I keep coming back to BGs getaway as one of the most important points.

Either BG had a very quick and sneaky way to get out of there without being seen OR he never really had to leave.

Yes it sure is. Which is why I keep coming back to BGs getaway as one of the most important points.

Either BG had a very quick and sneaky way to get out of there without being seen OR he never really had to leave.

There are many other ways besides the cemetery and where the girls were dropped off to get to the trails and bridge.

If LE was so set in charging people with violations unrelated to this case, I probably would stop talking also. It doesn’t look right in the court of public opinion, but if I had nothing to do with this case, but me talking with LE (and providing an alibi) would lead to me getting in trouble for something totally unrelated, I’d clam up too. I always thought that was a mistake by LE, to publicize that they wouldn’t overlook any issues somebody had, even if they had nothing to do here. To me, that just seemed like an easy way to get a whole lot of people to keep information to themselves…...MOO

I've wondered that myself.

The set of footprints which probably led up to the cemetery and his vehicle perhaps.

Whether your charged with a crime or not, ppl do have the right not to talk. JMO, he is following his lawyer's advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77