IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it is possible that "The police will not say where the witness encountered the POI" and "That the witness did not come forward sooner because they were afraid" could be that the witness encountered the POI on their own property.

Several residences border this trail near the crime scene and they are not fenced off. If the POI wanted to exit the crime scene in a hurry, and did not want to risk being seen by other potential hikers, he certainly wouldn’t back track along the hiking trail.

Is it possible he made a side exit out of there crossing over private property while doing so? That would help make sense about why a witness would be afraid to come forward about this encounter. Because POI knows where she lives. I can’t come up with any other logical reasons to fear coming forward. If the POI and the witness know each other we wouldn’t only have just a sketch right? So why be afraid to come forward?
HMMMMMM?????

I've thought since shortly after this case hit the news, and a bunch of us here started poring over maps of the area, that he left in a hurry via private property.

A theory I have is that he checked nearby homes, to see if anyone was home. I wonder if the witness that came forward saw him at their door.

For reference, the "trail to the right" is the one which leads from the split of the trails by what was the parking lot. One trail goes to the bridge (old railroad right-of-way), the other heads to an area downstream and away from the bridge.

Thank you for that description...it gave me a better visual.....

Is the voice recording a man with bad teeth??? Let me explain:

I found a registered sex offender in Delphi ( as per the forum rules, I will not name ) who not only looks like the sketch, but matches the description with regards to height, and weight, as well as having reddish brown hair color. Even his mustache is similar.

More interesting, is that arrest records indicate that all of his top teeth are broken off. Think of the soft “L” pronounced in the voice recording of “down the hill.” The “L” sound in the spoken word “hill” is where your tongue would hit your top teeth. If you had teeth, it is a sharp stop. I hear my mother speak without her top dentures in quite often and to me it sounds very similar.
Or does the L sound soft because they cut it off, and loop the voice recording over and over.

Maybe I am really reaching for straws here. :-(

We need to keep an eye on the sketches shared online.

It was confirmed by various sources early on that at least 3 different recordings were released through the media, and the one that sticks out in my mind is a loop which repeats 10 times.

The last 3 repeats are different from the first 7, it sounds like either the recording was sped up for those 3, or the voice raises at the end of "hill".

I wonder if the person has a speech impediment, or some other "indicators" in his voice, which LE also want people to clue in on.

JMO

"Stop it, Facebook.

Indiana State Police are urging Facebook users to stop posting pictures of men alongside the composite sketch of the Delphi murder suspect.

"Those are of no value and take up investigative time," said Capt. Dave Bursten, ISP's chief public information officer."

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...-armchair-sleuthing-delphi-murders/491871001/

I'm really sorry this appears to be causing a big problem for the investigators.
I mean, what do they expect though? I agree it's wrong to do that with anyone's image, but really, they should know this is what the masses would do with this sketch.

This is just me be damned cranky. I always thought LE had a perp in mind. I always thought it was just a matter of time. I've lost faith. I think LE has a whole lot of nothing.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I found a registered sex offender in Delphi ( as per the forum rules, I will not name ) who not only looks like the sketch, but matches the description with regards to height, and weight, as well as having reddish brown hair color. Even his mustache is similar.

More interesting, is that arrest records indicate that all of his top teeth are broken off. Think of the soft “L” pronounced in the voice recording of “down the hill.” The “L” sound in the spoken word “hill” is where your tongue would hit your top teeth. If you had teeth, it is a sharp stop. I hear my mother speak without her top dentures in quite often and to me it sounds very similar.
Or does the L sound soft because they cut it off, and loop the voice recording over and over.

I'm sure all local RSOs have been looked at.

Someone, and I apologise for forgetting who, theorized that maybe RL provided the sketch. This is starting to grow on me. I could picture him grudgingly providing the information after all this time. I mean, he must be bitter about all that befell him since this whole thing began. Does anyone else think he may have crossed paths with this dude? Or maybe he hired a dude at that time as a hand to work with the horses.

Regarding RSOs, we don't even know for sure if the attacks were sexual in nature. We know nothing about the condition of their bodies.

They could easily put an end to the side by sides if they made a simple statement like "All local registered RSOs have already been looked at, so please do not report comparisons based on the sketch unless you have further information"

They could easily put an end to the side by sides if they made a simple statement like "All local registered RSOs have already been looked at, so please do not report comparisons based on the sketch unless you have further information"

People wouldn't listen. A prime example of something like that is right here in this forum. LE said to discount the hat and everyone keeps talking about the dang hat! We have been warned several times not to bring up Duvall but people are still doing it.

For reference, the "trail to the right" is the one which leads from the split of the trails by what was the parking lot. One trail goes to the bridge (old railroad right-of-way), the other heads to an area downstream and away from the bridge.

I added the split trail to the Case Map to make it easier to see.

2u6k1li.jpg

I mean, what do they expect though? I agree it's wrong to do that with anyone's image, but really, they should know this is what the masses would do with this sketch.

This is just me be damned cranky. I always thought LE had a perp in mind. I always thought it was just a matter of time. I've lost faith. I think LE has a whole lot of nothing.

("Damped Cranky" describes me well as well with regards to this case, irritated, edgy...I think everyone is frustrated to the hilt to say the least.)

Sending love and good vibes to LE, Abby's and Libby's families and the community of Delphi.

I think this is brilliant actually. Something you know first hand and could be why the gargled "ll" is there. TY

Another thought - if RL gave him a ride, would he really notice the color of his eyes while driving?

What IF RL sat and talked with him on the bar stool while having drinks? RL would certainly notice his eye color then. IMO.

IF RL is the the person supplying the information for this sketch, LE may refer to the person as "she" to throw people off. Also, RL was so pissed about being sent to jail, he may have been waiting on time to pass - time when the suspect was not caught, and then RL had some bargaining chips. Information for a plea deal.

As for RL, if he gave BG a ride, or had a drink next to him at the pizza place, I think he would have immediately told LE about it. He seems like a decent sort of fella who would want this b*tard caught as much as any of us.

This is just what I thought. It is in the nature of people to do that, especially on SM. It doesn't mean it is right though but I don't think LE can stop that. And, let's face it, that is probably how he will be found, in this day and age, by someone taking his photo or finding his photo somewhere and posting it up on the net. JMO.

"Not blue"...without sounding like a broken record, I think this is some kind of genetic lab rule out via parabon, etc...it just sounds like computer talk to me. Again, could be wrong, but just not buying this new witness thing. Just a hunch, moo.

Again IF they determined this via DNA, any ideas as to why specifically they wouldn't want the public or the perp to know they have DNA. Tia for your thoughts.

This is just what I thought. It is in the nature of people to do that, especially on SM. It doesn't mean it is right though but I don't think LE can stop that. And, let's face it, that is probably how he will be found, in this day and age, by someone taking his photo or finding his photo somewhere and posting it up on the net. JMO.

This is the way of the modern world it seems. Won't be the last time, seems to be an inevitable trend and result of our technological revolution.

Can you imagine this if we had it back in the day of say JFK's assasination?

People wouldn't listen. A prime example of something like that is right here in this forum. LE said to discount the hat and everyone keeps talking about the dang hat! We have been warned several times not to bring up Duvall but people are still doing it.
They have said all CaCo ones have been ruled out IIRC but haven't mentioned HoCo or other neighbouring counties so they could come out and say this. If they aren't saying it then IMO they have not yet ruled out all other county offenders. The people living in these areas are entitled to know surely ?

IMO LE released this sketch in hopes of someone who knows this person to come forward.
IMO they did not release it hoping that everyone would start googling and submitting tips of people they found that they think looks like him, they are capable of doing that themselves.
I really hope that 995 tips have not came in of people doing just that.

Several residences border this trail near the crime scene and they are not fenced off. If the POI wanted to exit the crime scene in a hurry, and did not want to risk being seen by other potential hikers, he certainly wouldn’t back track along the hiking trail.

Is it possible he made a side exit out of there crossing over private property while doing so?

Very good point. The possibility of cutting through private property to escape seems to raise several possibilities:

A. Is the murderer so familiar with the area that he would not need to rely on trails to escape? Though doing so would not need the skills of say, a wilderness hiking guide, it would more strongly support a local, or formely local perpetrator.

B. Did he panic and just flee through a "side door"? Possible, but the most common reaction in a panic is to leave an area by the same way one entered. This leads to stampedes in fires etc,

I think "A" is more probable. In either case, where did he go after the crime? Drifters and transients afoot get noticed, at least in passing. So would a car left on the shoulder of a rural road. There is public parking at a cemetery (short cut to the trails through private land), but that would also imply local knowledge. There could be a small parking lot at the entrance to the park / trails, but cars there would probably be remembered in general terms after the publicity. The food plant? Maybe, but trucks left unattended get noticed, even with delays in loading.

I am thinking that he knows the park and the surrounding farms. He went back to his car that was kept in another nearby location. Perhaps he is a house guest, farm equipment mechanic, farm hand, self employed contractor, horse groomer / ferrier or some kind of farm "sitter"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie