IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAYBE ...BG lurked from structure near the start of the trail, beckoned to girls early on, they ignored him... he reappeared in hot pursuit on bridge and they realized it was him again, took photo ...
Very likely imo as they mention the person behind them in the audio.

Very likely imo as they mention the person behind them in the audio.

I agree with you on this point. I listened to that recording again last night and came to the my own very amateur sleuth conclusions.

• The girls were subservient or should I say appeared to be following directions
  • The voice was authoritative it didn't shout it ordered
  • The voice appeared calm (Stern IMHO) and knew what it was doing (ie not huffing and puffing or out of breath) so I would say fit
  • The person behind the voice did not appear to have any hesitation in giving a clear command which leads me to think they know the area.
  • I also think the voice was behind because you could hear the rustling of footsteps in the leaves very clearly and the voice was more distant.
  • The only way you could control two teenagers is from behind with some sort of weapon they were frightened of) and not from in front. (Unless of course there were two perpetrators)

Everything is my own personal opinion and I don't pertain to be right just adding it to the mix for discussion.

KR
Reacher

Adding some food for thought to the conversation, then I have to get ready for work in a bit.

Early on, LE asked anyone to come forward if they saw someone walking or hitchhiking. Is it possible the witness is someone who saw the perp hitchhiking, was afraid to come forward because he may have seen their license plate?

Several Websleuther's (including myself) put together what they believed could be a profile of the perp. Several believed the perp had a lot of rage against females. I'm wondering if the perp had a relative in the cemetery that may have been married multiple times and the perp may have been pushed aside as a child by a female (mother) as she pursued multiple relationships? Has anyone traced the decedents of those in the cemetery? I started tracing one individual that I came across one that appeared to be married either 4 or 5 times.

I recently helped a family locate their dad who had taken off in the 1980's. During my research I learned that he was in and out of a children's home. His mother would come visit once a week and he would grab her leg and cry because he didn't want to go back. I located him across the country and he died of a heroin overdose. Really sad story. This prompted me to think that this perp may have had a similar situation and maybe explain the rage.

Just throwing out thoughts. IMHO and all that jazz.

The girls were subservient or should I say appeared to be following directions

The only way you could control two teenagers is from behind with some sort of weapon they were frightened of) and not from in front. (Unless of course there were two perpetrators)
[/LIST]

I agree with everything about the voice being authoritative, but not shouted as well as the implied familiarity with the area. I also like the point that he was not huffing and puffing and the implication that the suspect maybe physically fit. It could also mean that he arrived early for a meeting, and did not need to over take the girls.

The girls, however, may not have been truly controlled at this point. Rather, they could have been expecting to meet someone and thus somewhat pre-disposed to obey commands about the meeting with out questioning.

BG may not be the person they expected to meet (perhaps he commandeered the other party). The victims found his presence and mannerisms (command voice, "I own this strut") un nerving and took his photo. But, as he appeared to have knowledge of the meeting, they went with him.

I agree with you on this point. I listened to that recording again last night and came to the my own very amateur sleuth conclusions.

• The girls were subservient or should I say appeared to be following directions
  • The voice was authoritative it didn't shout it ordered
  • The voice appeared calm (Stern IMHO) and knew what it was doing (ie not huffing and puffing or out of breath) so I would say fit
  • The person behind the voice did not appear to have any hesitation in giving a clear command which leads me to think they know the area.
  • I also think the voice was behind because you could hear the rustling of footsteps in the leaves very clearly and the voice was more distant.
  • The only way you could control two teenagers is from behind with some sort of weapon they were frightened of) and not from in front. (Unless of course there were two perpetrators)

Everything is my own personal opinion and I don't pertain to be right just adding it to the mix for discussion.

KR
Reacher

Sorry to quote my own post

• The only way you could control two teenagers is from behind with some sort of weapon they were frightened of) and not from in front. (Unless of course there were two perpetrators) or they trusted the person directing them.

KR Reacher

I'm with you Cryptic, the grainy still from the video to me shows clean clothes and a shaved faced. The composite sketch has him cleaned shaved with a goat tee.

A lot of agreement here in WS on BG being from or previously living in the area. I totally agree with that he, knew the area very well.
Thanks for the addition about being clean shaven with a maintained goatee. I am also in agreement that he knows the area.

In regards to him being a former resident, it might be beneficial for locals to try to recall any former residents who were known to be truly "bad news" (as opposed to just being a criminal dipstick) but whose arrest records don't reflect how bad news they really were. Thus, they might be slipping through the cracks of a police review.

From my high school and post high school years, I can think of a former resident whose sexually exploitive criminality ran very deep in actuality, but not on paper and past resident not well known to police but who had a deep criminal streak, "aspirations" of forming a Mafia / biker group and also had occasional dark fantasies about harming others.

Though neither of these two were red flags as future murderers, if an unsolved murder did occur in an area they once knew, their possible involvement would cross my mind. I am sure that the Delphi area has similar former residents.

Sorry to quote my own post

• The only way you could control two teenagers is from behind with some sort of weapon they were frightened of) and not from in front. (Unless of course there were two perpetrators) or they trusted the person directing them.

KR Reacher

Or, I guess this kind of goes along with trust, but belief in authority would also do it. As in, he presented himself as a police officer or park ranger and ordered them off private property (which the bridge is).

TODAY IS THE DAY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a poster in the home of Lyrics parents. It says " Yesterday wasnt the day. Thats ok. Maybe today is". Is it possible these two cases are connected? Is that why LE uses the phrase "Todays the day"? A message to the killer? Because unlike the Iowa case, Delphi has audio and video of the killer?
Dont forget, LE does not have to reveal to us if the cases are related or not. Regardless of what they say.

There is a poster in the home of Lyrics parents. It says " Yesterday wasnt the day. Thats ok. Maybe today is". Is it possible these two cases are connected? Is that why LE uses the phrase "Todays the day"? A message to the killer? Because unlike the Iowa case, Delphi has audio and video of the killer?
Dont forget, LE does not have to reveal to us if the cases are related or not. Regardless of what they say.
Does LE even say this anymore?I haven't seen anything on the local news.

What would you say if the man in the blue jacket had nothing to do with the murders?

What would you say if the man in the blue jacket had nothing to do with the murders?

That's interesting. I've never thought he is totally innocent in the murders.

I've always considered there may have been 2 people involved. I believe he was carrying a gun and thought it was possible he made the other party kill the girls.

We know so little that anything is possible, IMO.

I'd say why hasn't he come forward yet to identify himself and be ruled out as a suspect? Wouldn't any caring individual want the police looking for the right person rather than wasting time on the wrong one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd say why hasn't he come forward yet to identify himself and be ruled out as a suspect? Wouldn't any caring individual want the police looking for the right person rather than wasting time on the wrong one?

Sometimes people don't do the right thing because they don't want the negative attention that would come with doing the right thing. I don't believe Bridge Guy is innocent, but for argument's sake of why someone won't come forward -- people don't like to deal with the pressure of having to prove innocence, or put up with enduring suspicion for someone else's wrong behavior. Human beings are complex, and even good people may lack moral courage.

I have wondered the same..but one would HOPE that if he was not involved he would have stepped forward already. On the other hand, if that would be true,
that leaves us wondering why would Libby make sure she got a photo/video of a random man for no reason...Good thinking outside the box Falcon, I just wish they would catch the already!

Please leave the rotted tomatoes at the door. EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion!

Were there any travelling carnivals in the area at the time of the murders? I know it's unlikely in February.

Thank you to all of you for continuing to post about and care about justice for the girls every day.

Adding some food for thought to the conversation, then I have to get ready for work in a bit.

Early on, LE asked anyone to come forward if they saw someone walking or hitchhiking. Is it possible the witness is someone who saw the perp hitchhiking, was afraid to come forward because he may have seen their license plate?

Several Websleuther's (including myself) put together what they believed could be a profile of the perp. Several believed the perp had a lot of rage against females. I'm wondering if the perp had a relative in the cemetery that may have been married multiple times and the perp may have been pushed aside as a child by a female (mother) as she pursued multiple relationships? Has anyone traced the decedents of those in the cemetery? I started tracing one individual that I came across one that appeared to be married either 4 or 5 times.

I recently helped a family locate their dad who had taken off in the 1980's. During my research I learned that he was in and out of a children's home. His mother would come visit once a week and he would grab her leg and cry because he didn't want to go back. I located him across the country and he died of a heroin overdose. Really sad story. This prompted me to think that this perp may have had a similar situation and maybe explain the rage.

Just throwing out thoughts. IMHO and all that jazz.
If he was hitching a ride, then someone out there would be able to tell LE where they dropped him off at. You would think that would lead them closer to BG by now. However, you never know.

The crime doesn't necessarily need to be about rage. If the crime was sexual in nature, it may simply be like the typical progression of an addict. The act doesn't create the high it once did, so it gradually escalates to extremes in order to heighten the pleasure.

Almost everyone can relate to the same old same old getting stale and then experimenting more. Throw in a bit of sociopath, psychopath and sadist, and it can begin to cross lines.

One good example... Does anyone remember those Detective, and Master Detective magazines from the 70's and 80's? If not, Google the images and you'll see the covers. The pictures inside were sometimes very graphic crime scenes. It could very well be something as simple as reading those types of magazines at the time of one's sexual development. If one sexualizes those types of acts at an early age, it can progress from there.

Now that the Internet offers anyone access to even more gory variety, at any age, anywhere, anytime, we will see what happens when the next generation comes of age.

In the RAW helicopter news footage, the camera person focused on a set of obvious tracks near a mud puddle beside the highway overpass.

What significance - if any - was that particular bit of panning?

Might be worth reviewing older threads and video footage.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member