IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vehicle of interest of course! LE has never given specifics. One of many avenues being searched just like they asked if anyone picked up a hitchhiker.

There is a link on the media thread to the petition to seal autopsy report. TOD has been debated, the petition refers to their deaths as occurring on the 13th, not agreeing or disagreeing with you, only giving facts we know.

There was never a specific profile discussion. Only that it has been bantered about throughout all the threads.

Thanks! I found the discussion on the TOD, but respectfully disagree. TOD is determined by autopsy-ME not family. Liver temp tells all. Perhaps this link will help. In a homicide, the body temp is taken at the scene. Hence the tents in populated areas, the ME's required presence with medical bag etc.

https://autarkaw.org/2008/07/21/time-of-death-a-classic-ode-problem/
http://www.studyworld.com/basementpapers/papers/stack12_14.html
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/postmortem+lividity
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livor_mortis

I do not mean internet protocol. I refer to a vehicle of interest in this case that the police may be looking for since they are looking for one that may have been parked at High Bridge Trail Head.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-67&p=13631157#post13631157 [I hope I did that right!]

I will keep searching for the profile discussion, thx

I've said this many times and still feel it could be possible he wanted the phone found.
We shouldn't rule out anything.
MOO

see thats what I do not understand. If he was so smart and cunning, why did he leave the cell phone, or at least wipe it clean ?

Vehicle of interest of course! LE has never given specifics. One of many avenues being searched just like they asked if anyone picked up a hitchhiker.

There is a link on the media thread to the petition to seal autopsy report. TOD has been debated, the petition refers to their deaths as occurring on the 13th, not agreeing or disagreeing with you, only giving facts we know.

There was never a specific profile discussion. Only that it has been bantered about throughout all the threads.

Additionally we can surmise the BAU of the FBI has been working on this, but has yet to release their thoughts on a specific profile (other than the usual "may have changed appearance..., etc").

Early upstream there was a college student who made attempted a profile, iirc.
eta: would be interesting to reread, but how on earth to find it...I'll see if I can find it...

I've said this many times and still feel it could be possible he wanted the phone found.
We shouldn't rule out anything.
MOO

Hi Bird :wave: ,

This is interesting, and either missed your post(s) re: to this, or forgot your thoughts...what would be the advantage for him if the phone was found? Or why might he have wanted the phone found, tia?

(Turning on my orange lamp)

Early upstream there was a college student who made attempted a profile, iirc.

Can we get a copy of the college student's attempt at a profile?

It would be of some value to understand the background of the student also. For example, if the student was in a public security, homeland security, or law enforcement training program, the nature of the profile might be useful. If someone is in a formal instructional program, their effort might be more done with oversight and not done haphazardly.

It would be of some value to understand the background of the student also. For example, if the student was in a public security, homeland security, or law enforcement training program, the nature of the profile might be useful. If someone is in a formal instructional program, their effort might be more done with oversight and not done haphazardly.

Yes, see eta above, I'll see if I can find it....gonna take some serious digging...
eta: anyone remember where that was? Needle in a haystack...

Eta: can't find it.

Hi Bird :wave: ,

This is interesting, and either missed your post(s) re: to this, or forgot your thoughts...what would be the advantage for him if the phone was found? Or why might he have wanted the phone found, tia?

(Turning on my orange lamp)

Apologies if this is double posting. I'm clumsy when on a tablet like now.

He may have recorded the crime or left a message on the phone to taunt LE. Certainly wouldn't be the first time a killer has done so.

A profile cant be done without the file. Guesswork is not a profile

A profile cant be done without the file. Guesswork is not a profile

You are correct, guesswork is not a profile. However, if the student was under disciplined instruction by professionals, how people work with what is known can move in percentages toward an improved understanding. There is a difference between these two conditions.

Let's wait and see what the student's estimate of the person looks like. If it was done correctly, it should include a decision making tree of why key conclusions were come to, and why other solutions or estimates were not considered.

I wonder, if and when he does this again, will he want LE and everyone to know it was by BG (taunting, proud of his work), or would he prefer nobody suspects a link?

The autopsy was likely sealed to prevent people from finding out Cause of Death i.e. strangulation, stabbing, gunshot wound, head trauma etc. -- details only the killer and those in LE and who found the bodies know. The links I posted help one to understand the process of how T.O.D. is determined in addition to a forensic autopsy which was conducted on 2/15/2017 according to all news/LE sources. I'm staying with medical science on this one and going with what the obit states. LE is truly playing this close to the vest, as they should to obtain justice for these girls and make it stick in a court of law.

Yes, LE did ask about hitchhikers too. They aren't discounting any possibility that I can see from research. However, I believe BG drove that day because I know I'd want to get out of there as fast as I reasonably could to avoid being caught up in any roadblocks or stop/searches that were bound to happen. I think this guy is one cool customer, doing what he did-when he did, but I still think he also wanted to get "out of Dodge" so to speak-hence using a car. I'm theorizing, to be sure but I believe he was seen by at least one witness in the area where the crimes were committed. "Police say the sketch of the suspect is based off witness tips, including one woman who told police she saw this man near the Delphi Historic Trails the day Abby Williams and Libby German were murdered."

http://fox59.com/2017/07/17/police-release-sketch-of-man-accused-of-murdering-delphi-teens-liberty-german-and-abigail-williams/

gah! again with the headers! copy and paste the link into google or your browser to go to article..

You are correct, guesswork is not a profile. However, if the student was under disciplined instruction by professionals, how people work with what is known can move in percentages toward an improved understanding. There is a difference between these two conditions.

Let's wait and see what the student's estimate of the person looks like. If it was done correctly, it should include a decision making tree of why key conclusions were come to, and why other solutions or estimates were not considered.

I'll keep looking...(does anyone else remember the student doing the profile? It was quite early on...)

Since this topic has been debated to the hilt, I'll just say two things.

1. The petition refers to the girls being killed on the 13th.

2. Many members opined they chose dates to post for an obit in their own families.

Again, I an neither agreeing or disagreeing with your opinion. Only filling you in :D

The autopsy was likely sealed to prevent people from finding out Cause of Death i.e. strangulation, stabbing, gunshot wound, head trauma etc. -- details only the killer and those in LE and who found the bodies know. The links I posted help one to understand the process of how T.O.D. is determined in addition to a forensic autopsy which was conducted on 2/15/2017 according to all news/LE sources. I'm staying with medical science on this one and going with what the obit states. LE is truly playing this close to the vest, as they should to obtain justice for these girls and make it stick in a court of law.

Yes, LE did ask about hitchhikers too. They aren't discounting any possibility that I can see from research. However, I believe BG drove that day because I know I'd want to get out of there as fast as I reasonably could to avoid being caught up in any roadblocks or stop/searches that were bound to happen. I think this guy is one cool customer, doing what he did-when he did, but I still think he also wanted to get "out of Dodge" so to speak-hence using a car. I'm theorizing, to be sure but I believe he was seen by at least one witness in the area where the crimes were committed. "Police say the sketch of the suspect is based off witness tips, including one woman who told police she saw this man near the Delphi Historic Trails the day Abby Williams and Libby German were murdered."

http://fox59.com/2017/07/17/police-release-sketch-of-man-accused-of-murdering-delphi-teens-liberty-german-and-abigail-williams/

gah! again with the headers! copy and paste the link into google or your browser to go to article..

As to questions, I do have one at the moment: When the snapchat photo was taken, BG was not even on the bridge. Without a doubt the girls weren't in a hurry as they had 3 more hours for their hike before being picked up, BUT in the photo Libby captured, he was very near the end of the bridge and close enough to them to be within "striking" distance.

snipped for space; bbm

I believe your timing is off--possibly based on the early reports they were to be picked up at 5:30?

IIRC, they were to be picked up around 3:30. Family searched and they were reported missing at about 5:30.

If my timing is off, I'm sure someone with better memory will correct me. (TIA)

It's ok I can look for it. I was just wondering if one had been developed here. I see posters who have done some of that work before. Thank you for your efforts!

Ok, is there a link for that? Not trying to be 'one of them' but I haven't seen that before. Thank you for the info!

Ok, is there a link for that? Not trying to be 'one of them' but I haven't seen that before. Thank you for the info!

Camerabug, you are right. If someone saw it, they probably have a better opportunity to recover it than someone who has no idea of where to begin. The internet is pretty junked up. Key word searches often recover spurious information of no relevance. If someone actually knows where to start, it can narrow the search more effectively at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member