IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mind keeps going back to what LE said the day after the girls were found......................"make sure you know what your kids are up to"

And now we know they have audio between the girls and the killer...................LE has heard the entire conversation from start to end.

Kinda makes you put the chief's statement in a different light, doesn't it ?

RSBM

Yes.
That was an odd thing for the chief to say --imo-- but, in hindsight.
If the killer is nabbed-- it will happen from someone giving up info.as to what transpired that day.
No disrespect to the vics'.
Think the one thing we can all agree on ---- we want this found !
:moo:

As far as SnapChat, the videos and images only last for 10 seconds each (filming wise) - and if it had gone out over SC anyone who had access to her SC her feed could have seen the image(s)/video for the time it stays up.

I'm sure we'd have seen long ago from someone if there were more relevant SC images/video because they'd have been found or shared immediately.

I believe what we're seeing of the suspect (and hearing audio wise) came from regular video and/or audio that Liberty managed to capture (I suspect she probably got her phone into a pocket or bag or something at some point which is how they got as much as they seem to have).

But SnapChat wouldn't have recorded enough, would have been found by others, and she'd have had to have kept stopping and starting recording at least every 10 seconds basically.

But if she was video (and thus audio) recording, would longer content have gone to her Cloud?

I don't really get it. This is the first thread I've been part of where there's been a lot of snarky and sarcastic remarks. I was pretty active in the Nicole Lovell forum and I don't recall any such behavior.

Awesome. I wonder if Iphone has the same capabilities.

I know in the Health app on iPhone there is an emergency contact section, and also some that give your medical info and organ donation info to emergency workers. There may be an app that can do what jdj125 tells us about the galaxy S7. Seems very useful.

Hello! I've been lurking for a while and decided to join the conversation. I am from Indiana, born and raised and just wanted to touch base. Maybe being a Hoosier will help somehow? To me, the guy in the recording sounds like he's from Indiana. He also dresses like every other guy around these parts. Nothing stands out. Someone a couple of posts back mentioned the fact that men don't really hike alone around here and as much as I hate to stereotype, it's basically true. And the ones that do, they are die hard joggers or runners and dress the part. I almost hate to rehash that topic. lol

I also don't hear "get" down the hill on the recording but rather "go" down the hill. I hear a distinct "O". Not that it really matters if it's go or get. This case makes me sick to my stomach. I have a granddaughter close to this age. I just cannot imagine. My prayers go out to those precious girls families as well as the team of officers and FBI working on this case.

We have felt there was a serial killer in/around Indiana for a couple of years now. There are SO many missing women/young girls, it's very frightening. That might not be pertinent to this case but thought I'd throw that in.

Welcome to websleuths thank you for providing a local perspective.

Some of my thoughts/theories. These are my opinion only!
It sounded like from the press conference that there was more than one person and they knew the girls would be there.
I'm thinking they went there to meet a boy and this man showed up. Maybe he told them he would meet them on the other side of the bridge and when they saw him approaching, liberty started recording. Maybe not out of fear, but out of something like, I can't believe we were Catfished.
I think LE made it clear that the image was cropped.
I am wondering where the phones were recovered at the scene and where they were found. An article said the phones went straight to voicemail.
That makes me wonder if the video came from a backup like Google or iCloud.
I'm thinking the whole crime was recorded and that the cops have everything they need except the perp.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

So do you think this perp might be in a type of submission relationship with someone and hate it....maybe with a very dominating partner...so he takes control of someone he CAN control? That's the feeling I am getting. Either that or very dominating himself but can't find anyone to put up with him?

Just wondering where this is coming from? All I've seen is 2 grainy photos and heard a less than 1 second clip of audio... how can we even begin to speculate about personality and motive at this juncture?

But if she was video (and thus audio) recording, would longer content have gone to her Cloud?

There is likely way more to the video/audio than what they've shared, which tells me it must be pretty gnarly :/

NiN

You rule. Just one quibble re: the labels on the map. See the black ribbon/line, it crosses through the D in Deer? That's a road/driveway, which leads to a property further along in the image.

This road/lane/driveway/whatever, leads from the main road towards the bottom of the image, curves over, goes underneath the near end of the bridge, and ends up at a house.

IIRC, on Google Earth, the house has a large RV in the driveway.

Just wanted to clarify.

Yes, that is correct. But the road is located towards the SE end of the bridge.

Here is a Google Earth historical capture of the area from 2-26-2012. It shows the leafless trees and therefore a more transparent view:

attachment.php

Source:
Google Earth

Attachments

• INdiana google earth 2012.jpg
    INdiana google earth 2012.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 621
Wave from Wantagh NY, home of Jones Beach and neighbor to Gilgo. My daughter and I have been giving people stinky eye for years looking for that one. I think he's local to the area. A recording would be awesome.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hello from a south shore neighbor!

His accent sounds very much like he is from the central region of Indiana. I am located about two hours southwest of Delphi and we sound a lot more "country" than they do up there.

So that could well move him towards being a local rather than a drifter. The only thing that bothers me about the local possibility is that he is wearing a lot of layered clothing for a relatively warm day.
I am from Indiana originally and it was pointed out to me once by a linguist that Hoosier speech tends to have soft vowels like a southerner, and hard consonants like a northerner.
Thanks. I think that describes what I heard in Indiana exactly.

Again, thanks for providing a quote pertaining to what I asked for. I had already replied to tlyca who graciously provided a quote for me.

Thanks for providing the quote.

I am seeing the two poles and something/someone else. I will *quietly*☺️ keep to my opinion that someone is there. No one is infallible; people considered experts have been wrong before.

Just a couple hours ago, even up until near the end of the press conference, many were convinced that they had nothing additional or new to release. Thankfully, we were wrong about that.

Really appreciate you providing that info. 😀

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/16/ptab.01.html

"RILEY: We have looked at it. We`ve blown it up. As a matter of fact, that was done right after we got the picture -- we had access to the picture. And if you look at the far end of the tracks, it looks like there`s two people actually standing there. But if you blow the picture up, you`ll notice that there`s actually three poles there to keep cars from being -- trying to drive across the bridge. So that`s the marks that you see at the end of the tracks."

When I originally posted about being recorded out of the woods (perhaps in a vehicle) I had only heard the audio from the news conference. From there it sounded more like being in a pocket. Then I listened again from the internet and it sounds "crunchier." I do think listening 4 times in a row makes it sound more like footsteps that it may actually be, though, so we should keep that in mind!

As far as "accent" goes, I was born and raised a Hoosier. I've never thought I had a twang, but most folks I meet say I definitely have one. On the other hand, my husband of 27 years doesn't have one and he was born and raised here too??

I'm very new to this forum, but one observation I've noticed is the clothing. Being a thin built person myself and having a daughter the same, I just noted Abby's attire vs the man on the bridge. I'm always cold, but given our unseasonably warm February, I'm sporting lighter clothing, much like Abby is in the photo. The POI maybe is hiding something under his hoodie and coat.

I've also watched a youtube video doc that was filmed about a month ago of the Delphi bridge. It sure helped give me some perspective of the environment. (even though Delphi is only an hour from me, I've never been there). The bridge is in awful shape, downright dangerous to walk on. I can't see a fast jaunt across it, but it would explain the perp looking down. It would also seem that the perp, wanting to control two girls, would take the shortest exit off the bridge, hence "down the hill".

Something I can't shake is that given the girls were together, he must've used a gun to threaten them, why else wouldn't they "run" from him? I keep coming back to Libby. She had the witts and guts to take pics, video! I think he scared them off the bridge under a false pretense he would let them go. Also, I guess I'm perplexed if there weren't more people out and around there on that day?

I'm thinking about putting a picture of the man and the girls on my vehicle and have friends and family do the same.

Yes, this is part of the reason I thought it was a trail cam. I'll admit I was a little shocked when they said she took the photos herself. Not sure why, I just thought that theory was too crazy. Now I know its the truth, still crazy, but true. I hope her bravery leads us to this .

I always thought it was a cell from a random person and he was far in the distance. I'm truly conflicted to be wrong in all honesty. Those families will never recover from possibly hearing their children murdered. If I was right about the random person it would have been better,...still a pic but no audio....I'm so devastated by this part of this case I can't help but obsess on it....not healthy.

So that could well move him towards being a local rather than a drifter. The only thing that bothers me about the local possibility is that he is wearing a lot of layered clothing for a relatively warm day.

I have forgotten
How warm was it that day?
Did I hear in the 40's?

I read a post on here a While back that said libby might of been killed first.

Neither time of death nor cause has been reported. There was some speculation about whether one died on the 13th and the other on the 14th, but that was based on what was published in the obituaries (which are prepared by families or funeral homes) - not official documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam