IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMHO and all that Jazz that makes you go Hmmm :thinking:

If we go back to the beginning, BG was considered a "participant". I feel that remains true.

Perhaps, he was the "round up" guy for the lead Suspect.

DN has been arrested frequently enough to know not to speak to LEO. I don't think he verbalized one word to Delphi Investigators.

I still feel someone who knows him assisted with the sketch. The artist nailed it. Who told LEO that his eyes were not blue? It could have been a tipster named Katelyn. This could possibly explain the delay in a sketch being released.

The sketch was presented to the public in hopes of someone being able to place him in Delphi on that fateful day. It annoys me that they drove in IN with an expired car tag but, they hit CO and are pulled over for that very reason. A neighborhood watch group began taking photos of DNs car when they saw him in their area. When pulled over in CO, DN told the Officer that "his family was not like that", when asked about waving a hatchet at cyclists. It was too late for TM. RIP :rose:

The question I have is, KN had an outstanding IN warrant, albeit non-extraditable. So, why wasn't she arrested along with DN?

Politely snipped for space.

weirdly enough, i couldn't find anything specifically stating he was incarcerated from 02/24 through 02/28.

It is out there. Keep looking. IIRC, it is Johnson Co. Far too weary this evening but if you don't locate it, I'll try to post it tomorrow.

Is there anyway to find why he was jailed from February 24 through the 28th?

He was arrested and jailed for reasons related to civil case from one of the landlords who evicted him and tried to recover damages. I read about it in several places. Here is one:

Feb. 24: Nations is arrested for failing to appear in connection with a small claims case/civil lawsuit.
Feb. 28: Nations is released from the Morgan County Jail.
http://fox59.com/2017/09/29/man-cal...same-week-girls-bodies-were-found-police-say/

Because you can't be arrested if the warrant is non-extraditable. there was no reason to arrest her.

If we go back to the beginning, BG was considered a "participant". I feel that remains true.

DN has been arrested frequently enough to know not to speak to LEO. I don't think he verbalized one word to Delphi Investigators.

I still feel someone who knows him assisted with the sketch. The artist nailed it. Who told LEO that his eyes were not blue? It could have been a tipster named Katelyn. This could possibly explain the delay in a sketch being released.

The sketch was presented to the public in hopes of someone being able to place him in Delphi on that fateful day. It annoys me that they drove in IN with an expired car tag but, they hit CO and are pulled over for that very reason. A neighborhood watch group began taking photos of DNs car when they saw him in their area. When pulled over in CO, DN told the Officer that "his family was not like that", when asked about waving a hatchet at cyclists. It was too late for TM. RIP :rose:

The question I have is, KN had an outstanding IN warrant, albeit non-extraditable. So, why wasn't she arrested along with DN?

When LE had search parties out for the girls, or held press releases, I have heard LE will have someone take videos on the volunteer searchers or public listening to the press release. This is because the POI usually will come back to the crime area. I wonder if LE did this and if they found anyone in particular...not naming names.

LE has been so tight lipped on this case, I don't think we can judge them one way or the other on Daniels.

We don't even know IF he talked with IN LE. If he did, LE won't say a thing until they have checked out every minute point on Daniels to be sure they have a solid case. And then there is the tale tell DNA, does it match?

My opinions only.

The DNA matching will be a big part of this. The manner of death will be telling IMO also.

When LE states that the only good thing to come from a tip is the heightened awareness of the case, maybe they really mean that the only good thing that came from the tip is the heightened awareness of the case.

Okay, this is what I found, after visiting mycase.in.gov and http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...-suspect-indiana-no-stranger-crime/713951001/

(above quote from jconline.com article)

Weirdly enough, I couldn't find anything specifically stating he was incarcerated from 02/24 through 02/28.
attachment.php

"He was also booked into Morgan County Jail on Feb. 24, 10 days after the Delphi killings. Nations was booked for Failure To Appear at a civil suit."
http://fox59.com/2017/09/28/man-arr...est-in-delphi-teens-murders-state-police-say/

Well, if Daniel Nations is not the man, may he recover well. He'll have 40 years of life ahead of him. Maybe this episode and the attention it brought will help him get the care and counseling it appears he needs.

Wishful thinking, in my opinion. His criminal behavior (sociopathy) started early and his childhood upbringing set the developmental stage for extremely dysfunctional interpersonal relationships, clouded by a sense of fears of abandonment/ with needs unmet in direct conflict with the defensive position that he must maintain power and control over all attachment relationships . Abandonment anxiety coupled with helplessness ( and maybe sexual abuse) inevitably leads to disavowal of any sense of trust. Without the capacity to trust, you're ****ed: paranoid, avoidant of attachment, need to do until others before they (again) do unto you. etc. Worst possible dichotomy. I'm sorry to say, and I so wish it were not so, but these formative conflicts are nearly impossible to heal. DN's criminal rap sheet is essentially a list of escalating crimes where getting power over another psychologically (as in the examples of exhibitionism and waving a hatchet) may well progress to needing greater and greater needs for "hands on" power and control (guns, hatchets, murder of some kind).

My take is they "escaped" IN well before the sketch was released to the public.

the sketch was no doubt spread around to LE, before it was released to the public. So at the latest late June/early July. That way they could try to protect the integrity of the investigation, while the sketch was spread around the state to LE.

Then it was released to the public, and one has to wonder if it's because LE couldn't track down DN.

JMO

When LE had search parties out for the girls, or held press releases, I have heard LE will have someone take videos on the volunteer searchers or public listening to the press release. This is because the POI usually will come back to the crime area. I wonder if LE did this and if they found anyone in particular...not naming names.

I'm now starting to wonder if BG was there during the search(es).

JMO

When LE states that the only good thing to come from a tip is the heightened awareness of the case, maybe they really mean that the only good thing that came from the tip is the heightened awareness of the case.

That would be true if they'd said that and not that they were referring to the high level of media attention that the tip had got. My belief that DN was involved is waning as well but acting like LE said something different than what they did isn't going to help.

If it was essentially a useless tip with no possibility of being connected to DN, then surely they would be able to rule him out right?

I'm now starting to wonder if BG was there during the search(es).

JMO
I guess it would depend on the time of his signing in on the 14th in another county? Presumably LE have checked that interview and video to see what he was wearing and his demeanour.

That would be true if they'd said that and not that they were referring to the high level of media attention that the tip had got. My belief that TN was involved is waning as well but acting like LE said something different than what they did isn't going to help.

If it was essentially a useless tip with no possibility of being connected to DN, then surely they would be able to rule him out right?
TN? Who's that?

It's been a long while since I checked in on this thread and sad to see still no arrest:gaah:. Fingers still tightly crossed for justice for the girls. Will keep lurking and hoping but feel I have nothing to really contribute at this point other than to say hang in there friends and family of Abby and Libby, his time will come:jail:.

How soon we forget that MSM, Social Media, posters here and everywhere crucified RL for months because LE "couldn't rule him out" either

I really and truly hope DN is the guy....but without more substantial facts, I'm now leaning strongly towards he is not the guy.

I hope beyond hope that I am dead wrong.

May today be THE day.

That would be true if they'd said that and not that they were referring to the high level of media attention that the tip had got. My belief that DN was involved is waning as well but acting like LE said something different than what they did isn't going to help.

Post #22 in this thread has a link to the video of ISP CIO Dave Bursten saying exactly that the only good thing to come out of the emphasis placed on this one particular tip is the heightened awareness of the case. That, to me, seems like a pretty definitive statement for a LE official to make.
EDIT: I think the more definitive statement can be found on page 2 of the article linked in this post:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-71&p=13666767#post13666767
Another video of Dave Bursten talking about the similarities people pointed out about DN and then stating that it may work that way on TV but not in real life. He goes on to state that we are "far from the finish line". Even more telling is another statement from him a bit further down on page 2, where he says " if we had this case solved we wouldn't be asking for more tips". They either play a mean game of poker, or DN is not our guy. I think these statements are too definitive for them to make if there is any chance they think h did it. It would be more difficult for them to backtrack these statements than it would to just state they are still investigating the tip. Short of flat out saying he is not involved, I think they are just trying to let everyone down easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth