Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #78

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tlcya, Nov 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiressleuth

Shiressleuth Former Member

Do you doubt the witness then? Or perhaps LE doubt it. I hadn't noticed that. If someone you suspected had blue eyes should one automatically think they must be ok? It's a bit strange that.

2. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

This is a thought provoking article regarding some of the pros and cons of police sketches. One thing out of the ordinary in this case is the sketch wasn't created immediately after the witnesses's sighting.

Not photographs: The misunderstood police composite sketch
    https://www.apmreports.org/story/2016/09/20/police-composite-sketch

ETA: The topic of complexities of DNA evidence is discussed via a link on the right side of the page as well.

3. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

It's not my place to doubt the witness. I was merely making an observation.

One of the challenges in this case is a witness recalling someone seen walking in a certain area is not necessarily the same as a person who is an eye witness to the actual crime.

4. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

Look what happened to RL. He just happened to be the landowner where the bodies were left and had to provide an alibi which, if truthful, would land him back in jail. Eventually, it did. There may be witnesses who met BG but during some illegal activity which would land them back in jail too and they just aren't willing to go to jail to help solve this case.

5. Shiressleuth

Perhaps he had been hanging around for a few days pan handling and had become familiar. MOO.

6. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

This is interesting indeed. Even more reason to not be so quick to stand on the "DN looks just like the sketch" since the sketches never look just like the real person.

I was told by LE that the sketches work to rule people out more than rule them in.

7. Shiressleuth

KN had the baby April 30th so that could have delayed their departure.

8. Shiressleuth

Hmmmmm let me guess......

9. Shiressleuth

I agree that his rage may have got the better of him, like it did in Co. He tried to choke his wife at one point.

10. Shiressleuth

Perhaps the exposure came after that and then the girls ran and he lost it and shot them.

11. Shiressleuth

When did they leave FL? And I wonder why they chose IN?

12. Squishified

Squishified Well-Known Member

I have thought this as well, but am also wondering if, perhaps, like the "not blue eyes", the witness(es) also said something like "not a ball cap".

13. BigCityAccountant

BigCityAccountant Well-Known Member

14. FrostedGlass

FrostedGlass Well-Known Member

Interesting article.

Did you see that poll at the bottom of the page? There was an actual of a pic of the actor and 2 sketches of him. The poll asked "If you saw these two sketches in the media and then saw the man photographed in the middle, would you call the police?"

97% said "No". I am among that group.

15. Area52

Area52 Well-Known Member

http://www.thestarpress.com/story/n...igate-colorado-link-delphi-murders/711491001/

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_26bda7f6-a472-11e7-8b59-eb09a35630d2.html

while I totally agree with you on relying on FACTS given by LE, we should also consider facts that don't fit with our own personal opinion. These two articles contain quotes by LE stating similarities in the crimes, and the fact that the Sheriff stated that the FBI would investigate in Colorado, and if warranted, then ISP would go out to follow up. Being that did happen, we should assume that the FBI felt that this could indeed be connected. We do not have any facts that tell us he has been ruled out. Quite the contrary, as warrants were issued for DN in Indiana in late September, and in mid October, after LE returned from Colorado.
    Indiana has recently issued warrants for him in cases that are over a year old.

16. Shiressleuth

So the sketch was from his mugshot because they were suspicious of him ? Is that what you mean? I have wondered that but I believe IN has around 25% of their RSO 's not where they are supposed to be.

17. The blue windbreaker, the blue jeans, the dark tennis (?) shoes with a light stripe, the camouflage (?) cap - all stolen on the way to CO before KN ever had the chance to have a look on these things?? Quite useful, such a theft. ;)

mountainclimb likes this.
  18. Shiressleuth

If he was confident no one would know him on that trail he cannot have lived locally IMO. Yet he knew of the trail and Creek. Why?

19. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

good catch Germany...good catch. MOO

20. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

probably anyone who fishes In Indiana in the area and talks to other people who fish would know about the area, plus employment opportunities at the plant...drug scoring at the BOB and etc...MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.