IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...I live smack dab in the middle of that region. Interesting how we hear different things. To me, the short clip of BG's accent sounds like my family in Indiana/Illinois.

Truly weird, I used to work with alot of people form the St. Louis area and thats like a melting pot of accents. I had colleagues from southern Indiana whom had similar accents to those from southern ohio, unfortuanetly i know relate their accents to this case. The St. Louis accent now that is a funny one lol. Almost seemingly upbeat very nice people.

Oh boy! Do you think that is who they are appealing to? I sure as heck nobody else gets murdered in the meantime!
I think LE knows every grotesque monster involved. BG should be GM. Anyone involved is being watched like hawks.

Thank you.

Not sure what the thank you is for! Clearly Ozoner and I have a difference of opinion. I have my views and throw them out there but I certainly don’t expect everyone to see my perspective. That’s one great thing about WS, we can throw ideas around, brainstorm, see different persepectives. Your sarcastic “thank you” reminds me why I need a beer tonight! 🍻🍺cheers to all!!!

Hmmm...I live smack dab in the middle of that region. Interesting how we hear different things. To me, the short clip of BG's accent sounds like my family in Indiana/Illinois.

I live in Indianapolis and if asked would say that I’d narrow it down to the red circle I added. Just a guess obviously. I have family from Kentucky and I don’t hear that, in these couple words anyways.
4613284bd8193e54e950a0c474bd71b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michigander here, I hate the term midwest its so broad.
attachment.php

So I drew this crappy map, I think the accent sounds like this region

This gives me a laugh!!! I feel like I use the term Midwest often and always wonder if I’m using it accurately! I’m from the Midwest and I consider Midwest more Illinois/Indiana/Missouri/Kentucky... I maybe need to google which states are considered midwest! Lol

This gives me a laugh!!! I feel like I use the term Midwest often and always wonder if I’m using it accurately! I’m from the Midwest and I consider Midwest more Illinois/Indiana/Missouri/Kentucky... I maybe need to google which states are considered midwest! Lol
I found this more detailed map, not sure its 100 right
attachment.php

Attachments

• reddit-midwest-map.jpg
    reddit-midwest-map.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 269
Are you in the general Carroll County area?

As someone from the south, I am not hearing a southern accent with BG at all-I hear a midwestern one.
I agree...midwest sound to his voice.
To clarify: northern Illinois, northern Indiana, Ohio, western Pennsylvania.

I think LE knows every grotesque monster involved. BG should be GM. Anyone involved is being watched like hawks.

I would tend to think, when asking another state to go over your evidence. Mass public appeals, television, huge reward and the want to spread bg's image all over the free world. Is a huge and logical indication. They have absolutely no idea who did this.

I would tend to think, when asking another state to go over your evidence. Mass public appeals, television, huge reward and the want to spread bg's image all over the free world. Is a huge and logical indication. They have absolutely no idea who did this.

Ive got to agree, thats alot of wasted resources to be keening in on one individual, alot of money, and hundreds of peoples time spent simple to have someone else connect the proper dots. I don't think they know who did this.

Not sure what the thank you is for! Clearly Ozoner and I have a difference of opinion. I have my views and throw them out there but I certainly don’t expect everyone to see my perspective. That’s one great thing about WS, we can throw ideas around, brainstorm, see different persepectives. Your sarcastic “thank you” reminds me why I need a beer tonight! 🍻🍺cheers to all!!!

Was not sarcastic...was thanking poster from my having to post just what he or she wrote. I was just about to post that I see zero indication that LE has any idea whatsoever who BG. LE would not, imo, continue to ask for and likely receive hundreds of more tips if they “knew” who BG was. No LEA has time for that. Jmo

That town isn't very big, and my guess is that where her phone was located it was able to ping off all the surrounding towers. Phones will change towers based on which one has the best signal at the moment. So her phone was probably changing towers because of that, which made it appear that she was moving around the area.

This is why phone ping evidence isn't 100% reliable. It can be used to narrow things down, and to show two phones in proximity to one another, but it can't prove for certain that a phone was in an exact spot. Also can't prove who had possession of the phone.
Changing the cell tower your phone connects to does not change where your phone is apparently located. Location of a phone is determined via GPS or via triangulation whichever is available.

Your phone will try to send a GPS location (if it has GPS and most do, including iPhones) any time you send a text message or make a call as well as periodically. The last one is important because the carrier needs to know if the phone is in motion and how fast it is moving because the carrier needs to be able to switch your on-going call, for example, to another tower so the call doesn't get dropped. Sending the location gets more frequent when the phone is moving at speed - when you are travelling in a car for example.

There is no physical way that the general location of your phone will change to any large degree just because the phone switched towers. Also, when the phone does switch towers among things the phone and tower exchange are each of their respective locations. If LE were able to know that Libby's phone had switched towers they would also know the approximate location of the phone at that time.

MP is the source for "pinging all over town". I would not put much stock into that. If LE told him that then LE either did not know what they were talking about or the phone was physically moving around. MP also mentions "5 or 6 hours ago". When MP was being interviewed (as well as AW) it was between 8:30 pm and not much after 9:00 pm but I can't tell you how I know that without referencing something from the scanner thread. This puts the time frame for 5 or 6 hours ago between 2:30 pm and not much after 3:00 pm.

What I will offer is that if Libby's phone was found "in the area" of where the girls were found any obtained phone records or any pinging done by LE's request on the day the girls went missing (or the day after) would have yielded the general location of the phone. The accuracy of that location would usually be a circle between 300-900 feet in diameter however, it could be as much as a mile but that usually occurs in areas that are hilly or have obstructions like tall buildings. If they had more than one ping location of different accuracy then the phone should have been found within the smallest circle.

There is no scenario where the phone would be pinging all over town unless the phone was actually moving all over town.

I agree a million times over and stated it here many times that I believe they do know who BG is, but he has a solid alibi and isn’t budging. Whoever confirmed BG’s alibi is who law enforcement is hoping will break down in time and come forward. I hands down believe this was a SA crime, I tend to think LE is holding strong to not releasing more info because they want to have the most solid, credible case to prosecute BG when the time comes. I have to think the family agrees with LE as well. They would rather see this a-hole get the highest form of punishment even if it means waiting longer!!! All MO
For that to be true - that LE knows who BG is but BG has a solid alibi - it means that LE does not have DNA. Otherwise, LE could obtain a warrant for the persons DNA as it does not matter one bit whether a suspect has an alibi or not when it comes to LE's probable cause nor a judge's decision on that probable cause. The system doesn't work that way. Obtaining a search warrant is not an adversarial process.

So, if LE does have DNA and they know who BG is then there is nothing stopping LE from moving on that person - nothing. If LE doesn't have DNA then they have much bigger problems than whether or not BG has a solid alibi. LE would have to have someway to connect BG to being at the bridge. Even worse, considering the issues with the sketch, I don't even know of what value the contributors to making that sketch would have in terms of being able to testify that they recognize a person as the one they saw. There is a large risk that any such identifications could be thrown out due to the issues surrounding the sketch.

Something I’ve always wondered about regarding “pings”, is where they got that info so fast? Doesn’t it usually take time for phone companies to relinquish that info? I guess with the FBI involved so fast anything is possible but didn’t they mention the pinging phone very early on?

LE, usually through 911 communications centers, can have the carrier ping a specific phone and the carrier can provide the location information if the phone responds to the ping. If the phone is off or out of battery or out of range of any cell tower it can't respond to the ping. This process involves the 911 communication center contacting the carrier and providing the phone number to ping. In the more modern 911 communications centers the personnel at the communications center can do this without having to call the carrier.

I agree they have no idea. I am also intrigued with the reason for bringing in the GBI. The arrows start pointing around and around, until you are left with with a transient and possible serial killer.

That’s why I think if we can be useful at all, like the great job with a dialect map done here today, is a map of unsolved similar type crimes (including arson) starting in the area of dialect like the map and expanding outward. Hope I make sense, and thanks, everyone.

I can’t get myself to think that a serial killer committed this crime. The sticking point for me is witnesses. Before the crime, BG had to know he was observed in the area by at least one person, maybe even multiple people. I don’t think this killer is highly intelligent. Just lucky... so far.

IMO

I can’t get myself to think that a serial killer committed this crime. The sticking point for me is witnesses. Before the crime, BG had to know he was observed in the area by at least one person, maybe even multiple people. I don’t think this killer is highly intelligent. Just lucky... so far.

IMO

Lucky in the sense he hasn’t been caught, for sure. Unlucky is what made him the way he is... I am sure there is a story there. For the meantime, it is helpful, at least for me, to look at patterns in behavior. For now, we don’t know of any, but can look at past examples of people who have been convicted of crimes like this... and other kinds of patterns in similar crimes.

I know people aren’t trusting of profiles these days, but modus operandi, and other terms in the field could be helpful. How did the crime go down?

There is so little information about that released, so we have a lot of head scratchers here, for sure.

Lucky in the sense he hasn’t been caught, for sure. Unlucky is what made him the way he is... I am sure there is a story there.

I agree that he is likely an unlucky at life type. Everyday I kind of expect for an arrest. Why? I guess because I expect his luck to run out. I’m not from Delphi, but I helped search on 2/14. I’ve checked the news everyday since hoping to see he’s screwed.

IMO

I agree that he is likely an unlucky at life type. Everyday I kind of expect for an arrest. Why? I guess because I expect his luck to run out. I’m not from Delphi, but I helped search on 2/14. I’ve checked the news everyday since hoping to see he’s screwed.

IMO

Thanks, first_light. He was screwed the day he was born. He chose to take a couple of innocents down with him (maybe more).

I hope an arrest is imminent soon, too. In the meantime, the detectives have to sort this out, get the right trail, look at patterns and MO, before he strikes again, if he hasn’t already.

Hope today is the day, and thanks for being there for the search.

IMO

Thank you for helping with the search.

I think BG is a serial killer you don't just wake up one morning and kill two young teens on a whim. The guy will be a career criminal with a long list of offences under his belt. It is his experience that has helped him escape capture and I hope his luck runs out ASAP before he kills again.

Thank you for helping with the search.

I think BG is a serial killer you don't just wake up one morning and kill two young teens on a whim. The guy will be a career criminal with a long list of offences under his belt. It is his experience that has helped him escape capture and I hope his luck runs out ASAP before he kills again.

Agreed. Absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members