Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by 0101ABA, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. everybodhi

everybodhi Well-Known Member

My 14 year old granddaughter lives in an idyllic little town in Maine where, like Delphi, nothing has ever happened. She was allowed snapchat when she started high school this year and this has me freaked out about the possibility of being tracked on social media.

2. Safeguard

Safeguard On Time Out

Thank you for being here hoping and thinking. And a HUGE thank you for NOT repeting the same questions, and minutiae that bogs down a thread, and makes it a nightmare to read through!
    Happy to have you here!

3. Falling Down

Falling Down Well-Known Member

Her phone's battery died in the hours after their deaths. "Pinging around town" could mean a lot of things. It pinged until the battery died, which I'm purely guessing was early that evening.

4. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

Good (hypothetical) analysis! Wanted to add, they would also know the exact time the event occurred.

5. 1968

1968 Well-Known Member

A sad thing is that the Monon High Bridge, which from the different pictures, articles and YouTube videos I have seen, seems to be a rather beautiful, much loved and iconic spot, is now forever more tainted from the actions of one sick and evil individual.
    If as others have suggested, 'bridge guy' was a tourist and just happened to be there walking the bridge and trail that day as many others have done, he just turned the place into a site now associated with death and human misery.
    Some other thoughts I have.
    An individual with no self control i.e just sees and takes (opportunistic killer) or an individual with control - who has staked out either his victims or the area prior to the act.
    I think it's entirely possible (IMO) that he was very familiar with the area, so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Onaliv

Onaliv Well-Known Member

A quick review of registered sex offenders in Carroll County IN = 26...many of which were sporting mustaches of varying degrees...just a thought but LE has probably had their hands full just verifying alibis on these. Realizing they haven't revealed if the murders were sex related but I'd bet $ they were and that the perp (once identified and captured) will have a known background as an offender. Just my opinion.

7. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

Do you have a link for this information?

8. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

Or had a change of clothes with him, washed himself in the creek?

9. 1968

1968 Well-Known Member

Arrghh accidently hit send. I was going to say that I think he frequented the area waiting for opportunity. He was dressed for a 'stakeout' not a quick visit. IMO

10. pesty217

pesty217 New Member

I'm starting to think that we are giving the perp way too much credit with some of the theories. I'm thinking it's more likely that he is just a drifter who is mentally disturbed. A paranoid, psychotic, schizophrenic, he hides out in rural areas like this. The girls unfortunately caught him during one of his psychotic episodes. His reason for murder may have been as simple as the girls were part of the "conspiracy" against him. He may not remember or full comprehend the crime. He may also still be in the general area unaware that anyone is even looking for him. I think this will lead to him being found sooner than later. A lot of things don't make a lot of sense to me on this crime and point to someone not playing with a full deck.

11. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

Any estimates on how long it might take to walk from the bridge to where the bodies were found? Has this been discussed before and I missed it ?! It probably has :( (My mind kinda' shuts down after a billion posts on dad jeans, bigfoot in the background, and hat or no hat... sorry)

12. monkeypants

monkeypants Do or do not there is no try.

They should improve that bridge and add a little sitting park at the end by the hill with a memorial plaque.

13. #1nana

#1nana New Member

lamb minus the B. LOL

14. MedicDetective

MedicDetective New Member

Exactly! I do not want to disrespect them in any way! I am just mortified by the tragedies in their lives![emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

15. #1nana

#1nana New Member

I actually took the picture the police have posted and one of the sex offenders in Delpi and overlapped them. Its jaw dropping. I sent it in today. I tried to post it here but the file is too large

16. Breakingbarriers

Breakingbarriers New Member

No offense at all. Detroit just popped in my head. I could have said Denver, Atlanta, Miami, or any other large city with much higher crime rates. Just trying to point out how this seems like a small town, not much happening kind of place. BTW one of my dearest friends lives near Detroit. And she seems pretty normal:)

17. Dr.Strangelove

Dr.Strangelove Active Member

Being mentally disturbed doesn't mean he isn't smart or able to run from his crime ect. If it was a schizophrenic episode, likely the person has come down from it and realized that that is them the police are looming for. JMO

Sent from my UMI_Diamond using Tapatalk

18. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

19. Safeguard

Safeguard On Time Out

No. Just NO! The girls did not catch him at a bad time. He was waiting for them and he was prepared. There is not one thing about this crime that suggests the disorganized mind of a schizophrenic. IMO.

20. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

It looks like an older cemetery, but there were flowers on the graves, so it is not abandoned or anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.