IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I see Libby's just above hers............they are leading this man to be captured!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, Ancestry.com, 23andMe and the other private DNA typing sites do not give out their data to LE. They have privacy clauses and it's illegal to do so. LE can only look for matches in the DNA that has been collected from felons, and in some states they can look for familial relationships with felons (I don't know what current Indiana law is about that).

p.s. I'll add that LE can also compare DNA with that of people who have voluntarily submitted samples during an investigation. Again, they cannot get data from private DNA typing companies.

Here's how I understand it. The ancestry sites will not give anyone's DNA to law enforcement.
However, if the bad guy's DNA closely matches someone's DNA in their database,
they can give that participants contact information to the cops.

Here's how I understand it. The ancestry sites will not give anyone's DNA to law enforcement.
However, if the bad guy's DNA closely matches someone's DNA in their database,
they can give that participants contact information to the cops.

Or get a court order....

Hello, Thread # 10 is ready for you. Please begin to move over. This one will close soon.

Thanks dotr!
DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation

Here is my condensed version. From dotr link in her post above:

On Thursday, investigators say they had recovered DNA evidence from the Delphi crime scene where two girls, 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German were found.

That evidence now has top priority for processing by investigators. It’s a strong lead, in a case where authorities have been clamoring for any clue about the murderer.

It is now the third piece of evidence investigators have said publicly they have: the grainy suspect photo, that chilling audio of a man’s voice saying “down the hill,” and now some kind of DNA sample.

Police haven’t said specifically what kind of evidence they recovered, but DNA forensics expert Dr. Gay Bush says that evidence could be anything.
“It can be items found at the crime scene such as a cigarette butt, or a bottle, or a cup or a straw,” said Dr. Bush. “Or it can be bodily fluids if there’s some kind of assault.”

“But if you are fast-tracking it…if it’s a case that’s got some urgency to it, it can be done in a couple of days,” said Bush.
Link above.
:cow:

I'm now officially confused about the DNA!

teeandee,
Hope this helps.
:cow:

I responded but forgot to quote you and can't delete to start over.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

IllinoisMissing - the bridge runs roughly northwest to southeast. If you were on the north side, you were at the red arrow in the pic.

attachment.php

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,680
FWIW, I can't tell north from South from east from West. I'm hopeless and my husband is convinced there's something very wrong with me in this Dept. My internal compass was never developed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

HA! I'm the same way...but, I can get you wherever you need to go by telling you every landmark.

Jmo, the massive billboard campaign etc., strike me as due to having an image of a suspect so quickly in a child murder case, which is very often not true at all. I think they are using the billboards in an Amber Alert kind of way. Not because this crime was more, or less, evil than other child murders.

What do you mean in an Amber Alert way? Amber Alerts are to locate missing children and these children have been found.

IMO this is one bold criminal to kill two girls in broad daylight when the leaves are off the trees and visibility into the woods is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong