IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION #2

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please post media maps & timelines here. *NO DISCUSSION*

MISSING: Two 13-year-old girls dropped off to go walking at Carroll County trail
Missing%20Girls_1487042903108_55088620_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Carroll County Sheriff Toby Leazenby said Abigail Williams and Liberty German were last seen around 1 p.m. when they were dropped off to go hiking at High Bridge, just east of Delphi.

Police ID bodies of Indiana girls

Two bodies found along a northern Indiana stream are those of two teenage girls who went missing Monday and their deaths are being investigated as homicides, authorities said on Wednesday.

State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said autopsies performed Wednesday determined that the bodies are those of Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, both of Delphi.

Their bodies were found Tuesday afternoon along Deer Creek near Delphi, about 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis. Police said the girls’ bodies were about three-quarters of a mile from an abandoned railroad bridge where they were dropped off Monday to go hiking

Media Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
"Today is the day."

Indiana State Police has announced the arrest of 50-year-old Delphi resident Richard Allen for the murders of 13-year-old Abigail “Abby” Williams and 14-year-old Liberty “Libby” German in 2017.

"I know that today's announcement will not diminish your resolve, but I hope you've found just a bit of peace in this most complicated world," ISP Superintendent Doug Carter said to the families of Abby Williams and Libby German.

View attachment 376945

READ MORE: Delphi man arrested for murder of Abby Williams and Libby German in 2017

Abby & Libby Press Conference
Monday, October 31 2022
Notes (WS/M25)

• Disclaimer, these are loose, transcriptional notes of some snippets for reference purposes, and may not, likely will not, be an exact, perfect translation.

PART 1 | ISP Superintendent Doug Carter:

PART 1:

Introductory speaker:

“We will not discuss evidence as related to this investigation.”

——

ISP Superintendent Doug Carter:

“We are going to continue a very methodical approach to ensure that if any other person had any involvement in these murders in any way, that person or persons will be held accountable.”

[...]

“This is really important. While I know you are all expecting final details today concerning this arrest, today is not that day. Today is not that day. This investigation is far from complete, and we will not jeopardize it’s integrity by releasing or discussing documents and information before the appropriate time.

Prosecutor M will share additional information about what we can and can not say and will explain to you why the probable cause affidavit is temporarily sealed by the court and not available. And by the way he has been a tremendous, tremendous asset to this team.

I am yet again asking you for your patience and please your understanding while the system of due process works.

Also remember that all persons arrested are presumed innocent, all persons arrested are presumed innocent.

You all will have an innate desire subjectively to interpret and then report what you think. We in the law enforcement realm can not, and will never allow us to, talk about what we think concerning facts, but rather discuss and share (feed cutting out) at the right time what it is we know. The time will come when additional details will be released, but again today is not that day.”

(Feed skipped)

“The prosecutor has been very clear with law enforcement about what his expectations are, what can and can not be released, shared, or discussed, so we will of course comply. If you choose to be critical of our silence, be critical of me, not the front line. These are people that have committed their entire lives to a successful conclusion, in other words a guilty verdict.

As we move to the next phase of this investigation I will continue to offer all resources that the ISP has. It’s not only the investigative team I anticipate growing, but also to prosecutor M as we prepare for the coming months, again (*) has been very resolute and very clear, and I am most grateful for his leadership, and it’s going to be really important as we move forward.

Please continue offering tips that you may want to share. The many avenues will remain open and will be available to all. Please continue doing that.”

[...]

“...Remember we’re not done.

I think what we all had experienced proves that together there is nothing we can not do, but more importantly, giving of ourselves, all of us, all of us, giving of ourselves matters more than we could ever receive.

Abby and Libby, al though in death, have had a profound effect on so many of us, on how we live, and as importantly, who we all should be.”

PART 2 | Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby:

“I believe in a God of justice and righteousness.

Today I believe that same God has provided us with justice for Abby and Libby.

As Sheriff of Carroll County, Indiana, I want to publicly and sincerely thank each individual who played a role in helping us during this 5 1/2 year investigation, whether it was in an investigative capacity, providing tips, cards or letters of suggestions or encouragement, phone calls, and thousands of other countless ways of communicating.

I earnestly thank those who prayed for this moment in time.

We now move forward through the Indiana criminal justice system, allowing the system to do it’s due diligence and process, and providing that justice which is owed Abby and Libby, their families, and this community.

Thank you.”

Last edited:
Abby & Libby Press Conference
Monday, October 31 2022
Notes (WS/M25)

• Disclaimer, these are loose, transcriptional notes of some snippets for reference purposes, and may not, likely will not, be an exact, perfect transcription. Please excuse any typos or missed autocorrects in advance, and refer to official sources for additional information.

Link to Parts 1 & 2 in Media Thread #2

PART 3 | Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas M

Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas M:

“Before we get started I want to reiterate some of the things that Sheriff Leazenby and Superintendent Carter stated.

I first want to thank both of them, they’ve been a great support to my office throughout this investigation, and they’ve always been there for a phone call and willing to help a hand for a lot assistance to me and my office during this investigation.

I want to thank....this is the homicide task force that we’ve put together (thanks them and their families).”

Friday, October 28, 2022

“At that time we had gathered evidence to formulate a PC that was submitted to the court and the judge did find probable cause for arrest of Richard Allen.

He’s been charged with two counts of murder, for the murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

This investigation is still very ongoing.

We’re keeping the tip line open, the tip email open, we encourage everybody to continue to call in tips, not only about Richard Allen, but about any other person that you may have.

For that reason, and for the nature of this case, the probable cause and the charging information has been sealed by the court.

I’ve been very clear to everybody that per the court order we can not talk about the evidence that’s in the probable cause or evidence that’s in the charging information.

That will become evident to you at some point and it will be released but right now is not that day.

Today’s about Abby and Libby, focusing on them.

Mr. Allen has had his initial hearing, he has entered a (feed cutting out) (preliminary) plea of not guilty...(cutting out) (matter has been set for pretrial) (feed cuts out) on January 13 at 9:00am 2023 and a trial date of March 20 at 9:00am.

He is presumed innocent.”

(“We will have a”) (Big skip in feed)

“I want to open up for a few limited questions from the audience, but again keep in mind we are not going to talk about the evidence that we have in this case or about the charging information, we can not, those things have been sealed by the court and so I want to open up for a few questions.”

(* Frantic sound of reporters talking over each other, feed cuts out)

(* Reporter’s question is not heard due to feed cutting out and news channel host speaking over reporter’s question “unfortunately this is the feed I have, we are doing our best...not responsible for quality of feed...”)

“Again, that’s part of the investigation and I’m not going to talk about those things but I can say that we have probable cause established by the court.”

(Feed skips)

(I’m converting to short hand, patience is fading lol)

“...the evidence we have in the investigation ...and I know for everybody it is frustrating. I know everybody not only the reporters but the families, everyone wants to know more information, I understand it’s frustrating, but my goal is to maintain the integrity of this case.”

(Doug Carter comes to podium to address (unheard) question.)

SOURCE:

Last edited:
Continued from Abby & Libby PC, 10/31/22
SOURCE: YouTube video link

PART 4: ISP Superintendent Doug Carter’s response to hard to hear question by Reporter #2 regarding “suspect” / “suspects...”:

ISP Superintendent Doug Carter: “Again, I appreciate the question but we’re getting into the timeline of events, and today’s not the time to do that.”

(Link to previous PARTS 1-3)

Last edited:

Special Report: Teen Girls' Killer in Custody?​

Posting these notes for anyone that might be interested in pin points.

Information from Barbara McDonald (Down The Hill) and the neighbour two doors up.

• Search Oct 13. Commenced just before noon - went for 12 hours. LE arrived in unmarked vehicles and clothing. LE asked Rick and Wife to exit the house.
  • Rick stood in the driveway for several hours and also sat in the car with his wife for several hours. At some point the neighbour said the wife left.
  • Plenty of LE just stood around for the first part of the day. As it was getting dark Chief Deputy Liggett arrived with a piece of paper in hand. He handed that paper to Rick. Immediately a tow truck arrived and to take Rick Allen's car away.
  • At this point some LE entered the house and some entered the backyard. They started searching the shed and taking pictures.
  • LE were using a device like a metal detector or sonar around the shed and in the flower bed. They did not dig in the flower bed but did dig up two tiny spots near shed.
  • LE started bring ing items out from the house. Neighbours said 1 LE officer came out with what appeared to be 2 large bundles of dark coloured cloth. Could not be sure it was clothes, only that it was definitely cloth.
  • LE also brought out a Macy's shopping bag, a shoe box and a small stack of books. Said they were thin books not thick like encyclopedia books.
  • The neighbour said they were starting to get concerned and placed a call to Chief Deputy Liggett to ask what was going on and all that Liggett told them was to 'stay vigilant especially with your wife and daughters.' This unsettled them.
  • The day after the search Rick went to work. The neighbour states he saw him in store and felt that Rick was continuing as if nothing happened. Neighbour said they lived life as normal til Oct 26th when Rick was detained.
  • From Oct 26 the neighbours have not seen anyone at the house. They have not seen the wife since he was detained.
  • House has remained empty since Oct 26.
  • The neighbour said they were a normal family. They did not have visitors, no parties, etc. They were very quiet.
  • Neighbour said he would see Rick arrive home from work and Rick would regularly sit in the driveway in a lawn chair having a few beers and maybe smoking some ciggarettes.
  • Neighbour said they had a little bit more interaction with the wife than they did with him.
Note: I think we can assume LE sat around for hours and made sure nothing was interferred with whilst they gained a warrant for the house and car. So the search itself did not go for 12 hours.

Edit: Spelling.

Hiding in plain sight…

Someone here earlier asked if Abby’s mom was at the PC. Yes she was, photo of her and a couple of other family members within the link. Understandably, after all this time emotions were at a high point.

*Video at link*
SBM
The Indiana State Police superintendent explains the reason for the different sketches. "I think that was the absolute right decision at the time to do what they did. I've always said that the two sketches are simply sketches. They are not photographs. It's a piece of an investigative puzzle, " said Superintendent Doug Carter.

Nov 3, 2022

“A trial date was set by a Carroll County judge, who recused himself from the case on Thursday. The Indiana Supreme Court assigned an Allen County judge to the case, which likely will change any hearing and trial dates.

Here is a paraphrased transcript of Carter’s interview with I-Team 8:

I-Team: Allen was charged. The statute that he is charged under, the murder charge, also indicated that he has to have committed another crime, like rape, child molestation or human trafficking. Is charged properly?

Carter: He is, and those questions will be answered in due time, and they certainly should come from the prosecutor and not from me, but eventually when that PC (probable cause affidavit) is released that will be clear.

I-Team: In 2019, Indiana State Police released a sketch of a man thought to be a suspect in the murder of Abby and Libby. Two years later, investigators released another sketch of a much-younger man. That guy and that guy (referring to side-by-side views of the sketches), and there is a lot of similarities. How did we get from here to here?

Carter: Well, I think you will remember, I have said from the very beginning, since 2017, a sketch is a sketch. It is not a photograph. That is the first time I have seen that, and I have also indicated over time that once we get where we are today, we will be able to look at the similarities and make a photograph, which will be Richard Allen. I think there is a little bit of both, and I don’t regret that strategy by any means.

I-Team: Since Allen’s arrest, state police have received from than 300 tips about this case. Are police looking for others? Is there somebody else out there?

Carter: Right now, we have arrested Richard Allen, and that is what the courts have allowed us to do. We are going to be searching for any involved in this case until its end, until it is over, and today is not different than that.

I-Team 8: There has been a lot of activity on this case today. Kegan Kline, 28, is a figure linked to the Delphi murders investigation, although he has not been charged in the deaths of Abby and Libby.(On) Kegan Kline, the prosecutor dismissed five charges. Is there any correlation between those charges being dropped and the search that was performed in the Wabash River? ?

Carter: No, absolutely not. I think he was charged with 30 counts, and they have dropped five, so it is 25. So, it is important the case has not been dropped against Kegan Kline.

I-Team 8: Has Kline been cooperative?

Carter: (He declined to answer.)

I-Team 8: The probable cause affidavit, I suspect, is going to answer a lot of I-Team 8’s questions. Will it answer all of our questions?

Carter: Oh, no. Remember, this case is 2,100 days old, and the facts in their totality will come out at the trial and not until then. I can appreciate the desire for our citizens to have these questions answered, and my response to that is it will come when it will come. It will come, but if any of us said anything, that would be detrimental to the prosecution of the person or persons that killed Abby and Libby, and I was responsible. You should hold me accountable, too”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back