IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Q: What was it like coming from Delphi where people were really immersed in what happened to Abby and Libby to a place that was away from home – even just an hour and a half away?

German: To be honest, when I came here I wasn't going to tell anyone. … And then I kind of started to notice that when I would wear my Abby and Libby T-shirt sometimes, nobody really said anything. So, I started asking people if they had heard of Delphi. Or somebody would ask me where I'm from, and they wouldn't know where Delphi was. And I noticed not very many people here watch the news, and not very many people here knew about it, so that's kind of why I started to tell people about it.“

Delphi murders: Libby’s sister, at Ball State now, does ‘anything to keep the story alive’

“Saturday was the 2nd annual Abby and Libby Celebration of Life event where the whole community was invited to come and be together.

It was a time to channel grief into hope and togetherness. A prayer service asked God to help the suspect come forward on his own terms to a pastor or trusted person to confess the crime he committed.”

Delphi gathers to celebrate lives of Abby and Libby

“It's heart wrenching to one degree but the other is we are going to celebrate their lives,” he said. “They had a wonderful life, albeit it was way too short.”

Abigail's mother, Anna Williams, said it wasn't just the immediate families who lost the girls.

“It's their aunts and their uncles and their cousins and their grandparents and their nieces and nephews and their friends,” she said. “We have a little bit of everybody here today. It's not just us, it's everybody.”

Both agreed that hope their girls would be proud of what they are doing in their honor.“

Delphi gathers to celebrate lives of Abby and Libby

OCT 12, 2018
Raffle supports memorial park in honor of slain teen girls
A motorcycle raffle from Brandt's Harley-Davidson in Wabash is helping keep the memory alive of two teenage girls murdered in 2017. All the money raised is going toward a park for Libby German and Abby Williams.

"And let's find this guy. He's out there somewhere. Somebody knows him, somebody knows. Let's get him, let's get him,” says Chris.

"We always say today is the day. And one of these days we're going to be right, you know. Kind of look at it as this guy has to be lucky every day not to get caught. We only need to be lucky one day, and we're going to catch him,” says Mike.

The photo: A grainy image of what police believe is a suspect in the slayings was captured by Libby on her smartphone, as he walked along the trail, head down, toward the girls. The suspect was wearing jeans, a blue jacket, a brown hoodie and a hat.

The audio: German also captured a snippet of audio on her phone of someone giving the command "Down the Hill" to the two teens. Police praised her for her foresight in capturing an image and voice that they could analyze in the search for the killer.

However, a change in Indiana law this year might help in the case, because it now allows law-enforcement officials to collect DNA samples from anyone accused of a felony. Before the new law took effect on Jan. 1, police could only collect DNA if a person had been convicted of a crime.

There is also the possibility someday that a familial DNA search, one that looks for markers in DNA that might indicate a family member, could be employed in the search for Abby's and Libby's killer.

This article includes the audio that Libby captured.

Delphi murders: Here's what we know a year after the slayings of Abby and Libby

Abby’s Angels packs up gifts for children in need in honor of murdered Delphi teen

Delphi middle school students and community members packed up shoes boxes with school supplies and hygiene products to send overseas to children in need, passing on the kindness that was shown to them when Abby and Libby were tragically taken away.

“"And this was something that was really important to Abby. She loved this project. Something we looked forward to doing together and I'm glad that we're still doing it in her honor," said Abby's mom, Anna Williams.”

——

“DELPHI — For the second year in a row, the mother of a murdered Delphi girl is working to help others as a way to honor her murdered daughter.“

Volunteers packed boxes for the less fortunate as part of Abby's Angels in Delphi

Last edited:
“Authorities in Indiana have noted "similarities" in the description of the suspect released immediately after the Catholic Supplies attack and the description of an unknown suspect wanted in the February 2017 slayings of Abigail "Abby" Williams, 13, and Liberty "Libby" Rose German, 14, in Delphi, Indiana, reports the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

"We're aware of the similarities and we've been in contact with authorities there in St. Louis County," said First Sgt. Jerry Holeman, who leads the investigation for the Indiana State Police, the paper reports. "But it is way too early to tell if this is the same" person, he said.“

Report: Suspect in murder, sex assaults at religious supplies store was a pastor

Delphi homicides: Could broader DNA database help catch teens' killer?
Apr. 17, 2018

“INDIANAPOLIS — A broader DNA database is helping police find suspects to unsolved crimes. Perhaps soon it might mean finding the man who killed Delphi teens Libby German and Abby Williams.

Indiana law prescribing the collection of DNA changed Jan. 1, expanding the DNA samplings to include anyone accused of a felony. Before the new law took effect, Indiana only collected DNA — a genetic fingerprint unique to each individual — if a person was convicted.“

Snip

“But if the detectives have the killer's DNA — a point that investigators have been cagey about admitting or denying — the broader DNA database might flag him.”

Last edited:
“This will open the doors to cases we have DNA from but don't have a suspect," Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said Tuesday when asked about the expanded index system.

Riley continued the investigation's longstanding practice of not saying whether they had DNA in the case.“

Snip

“The broader database already has snared suspects in Indiana cases in 44 counties...”

Snip

“Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said running any evidence they have against the broader DNA database is something investigators have not discussed, but it's worth exploring.

The question is when to request the comparison since the new law creates an ever expansive database. Do investigators run a comparison now or wait a few more months after more suspected felons have been arrested, Leazenby rhetorically asked, thinking aloud during the interview.“

Delphi homicides: Could broader DNA database help catch teens' killer?

“Q: You started your Twitter feed – @libertyg_sister – dedicated to the case in May. What was the purpose there?

German: My family, we all went to CrimeCon (a convention in May in Nashville), which was a super-cool experience. We'd never heard of it before. And I met Michelle Cruz, whose sister was the last victim of the Golden State Killer. Michelle played a really big part in the social media campaign of the Golden State Killer, of trying to find him and seek out who he was. And we had a lot in common because Michelle's sister died and then my sister died, so you don't meet a lot of people whose sisters are murdered, so we kind of grew a connection. And through her, I learned a lot of stuff that we needed to do differently.

So, I started doing podcasts and getting into social media. And when we were talking, we said one of the big problems is that people my age don't watch the news or read news articles as often as they listen to podcasts or watch YouTube or go through social media. My goal was to reach more people my age or even like a little bit older who don't watch that kind of stuff and don't hear about it, so that maybe I could reach that one person who needs to hear about it.

Q: Have you seen some results from that?

German: I haven't reached the amount of people I was hoping I would have reached by now, but I have reached so many people who needed to talk to me. There's so many more people who are wanting to get involved in the case now that I think it's reaching more people. And I am reaching more high schoolers and more college students because of it. What I've done more than anything, though, is I've met people who are going through the same things I'm going through, so I'm helping people more than anything else really.

Q: Did that surprise you to meet so many people in similar situations?

German: Yeah. When you go through it, you think that you're alone and that not very many people go through this. But when I started my Twitter and Instagram accounts, I met more people who are victims' family members than I ever thought I would meet. I've met hundreds of people who have gone through similar circumstances, or maybe not even similar, but go along the same lines of what's happened.”

Delphi murders: Libby’s sister, at Ball State now, does ‘anything to keep the story alive’

Local Wayne, IN news station has an interesting article on recently arrested suspect and noted similarities to the Delphi suspect. I don’t normally pay much attention as there are stories like this often, however this one does stand out if you dig a bit.

Man admits to child molestation after online police sting

Adding additional link that discusses FBI being made aware of potential similarities. Sorry I forgot this in original post.

FBI MADE AWARE OF ARREST OF MAN WHO RESEMBLES WANTED KILLER OF TEEN GIRLS

Angela Brauer‏Verified account @AngelaBrauerTV

The Randolph Co. Sheriff's Department arrested Charles Eldridge earlier this week for child molestation. The Chief Deputy confirms they forwarded the photo & information to higher authorities, but they say "anyone that resembles the Delphi sketch is forwarded." Standard procedure

DwjOGulWsAAKndu.jpg

Angela Brauer on Twitter

Alleged Child Molester Draws FBI's Attention For Resemblance To Delphi Snapchat Killer

“RANDOLPH COUNTY, IN — The FBI and Indiana State Police are looking into the recent arrest of a man who strongly resembles the sketch of a suspect possibly responsible for killing two girls in early 2017.

Charles Eldridge, 46, was taken into custody on January 8 and is facing felony child-molestation and solicitation charges after he was nabbed in a sting operation.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23