IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
APR 23, 2019
Newly released sketch of Delphi murder suspect was drawn in 2017, source says
[...]

Our news-gathering partners at the IndyStar confirmed the sketch artist drew the sketch on February 17, 2017. That’s three days after the bodies of Abby Williams and Libby German were discovered.

[...]

Carter said the suspect is between the ages of 18 and 40 and may look younger than his true age.

ISP said these points are important to keep in mind about the two sketches:
  • They are not the same person
  • The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
  • The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
  • The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
  • This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch

dbm

Last edited:
APR 24, 2019
Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies
[...]

On Wednesday, police emphasized that a new sketch of a suspect’s face is not supposed to be a different take on a composite sketch of a heavier, older-looking man. They are, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley, not the same person.
529128ff-77dc-41e6-9701-9c290f44ef0b-handout.jpg

The new composite drawing released by officials on Monday, April 22 of the person suspected in the Delphi Murders. (Photo: Composite by Indiana State police)

Riley also said Wednesday that the original sketch – released in the summer of 2017, showing a man with a goatee and a driving cap – is “not presently a person of interest in this investigation.”

According to an ISP release, the new sketch of the clean-shaven man “is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge.”

[...]

In ISP’s attempt to clarify on Wednesday, Riley wrote that investigators’ initial belief that “a person in the age range of his 40s to 50s was a person of interest in this murder investigation.”

[...]

The new sketch features what police called a man with “a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20s to late-30s.”

[...]

Abby And Libby Delphi 3d Animation
Gray Hughes Investigates 12/2017

Real footage of bridge by provided by local, enhanced with 3d annimation depicting Libby, Abby, and BG.

One Year Later: Why the Delphi case isn't cold
Posted: Feb 12, 2018
Updated: Feb 11, 2019

“DELPHI, Ind. -- “It’s not going to be a cold case, it’s not.”

Although a year has passed since the murders of Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams, Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter says he will not let the case go cold before their killer is found.

“I’ve said all along, as long as I’m in this role and breathing, we’re not leaving the City of Delphi in Carroll County, Indiana, we’re just not,” said Carter. “And if we get to the point where we have exhausted the leads that we currently have in the queue then we’re going to start all over again.”“

“This is not a cold case,” Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland said in February, ...

Police Release New Audio and Video of Suspect in Murders of 2 Indiana Teens
—-

“Even though it's been two years, investigators all agree on one thing — this is not a cold case.

"It's not a cold case until we have investigated every lead and tip that we have," Holeman said. "You have to stop having information. You have to have no more investigative leads. You have to have exhausted all efforts. We're not even close to that."

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said they have received tips from nearly every state in the country and they aren't out of leads yet.

"A true cold case, if you will, is when you have no information to follow into any further," Leazenby said. "So, it’s as if the simple way I put it, if the well went dry. Our well is not dry. There is still information being followed into.””

Delphi Murders: The investigation two years later
Feb 12, 2019
Updated: Feb 13, 2019
—-

“”We still have plenty of fresh information, leads coming in daily,” says Sgt. Kim Riley. “so we are nowhere near considering this a cold case.””

Halfway Across: The Delphi Murders
February 1, 2019
—-

Delphi, Indiana murders: 2 years later, lead investigator updates case
February 13th, 2019

“"This is not a cold case. This investigation is not closed. I am confident we are going to get it solved," McLeland said.”

The Delphi Murders Is Not a Cold Case
“And while the murders of German and Williams remain unsolved as of the publication of this article, Holeman is adamant that the case is anything but cold.”

Why Police Have Not Released Details on the Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana
FEBRUARY 12, 2019

Rsbm
www.mychinews.com/crime/delphi-murders

We were able to speak with Libby’s grandmother, Becky Patty, who raised her and has done much of the public speaking regarding the case and started the brainstorming Facebook group. She mentioned she’s not sure where the Indiana police are on their investigation or when she would see justice for her daughter. Despite this, she remains hopeful. “Do I think they’re gonna catch him? Yes, I do. There’s too much evidence there for them not too. Are they catching them as soon as I would like? No, but we do have faith that they will get him one day. Sooner rather than later”.

Considering the evidence, it is unfortunate that police have been unable to make an arrest in the case. We asked Ms. Patty what she believes may be holding the police back. “Something that I am looking into more and more is I’m getting conflicting statements. I told my husband the other day I need somebody that can explain all this stuff legally to me. You have the golden state killer case, and they say that all came about through the analysis of DNA a different way. Indiana is one of the states that doesn’t search the DNA the way that they did. I’m getting conflicting data saying there is a way that they can do this and then I’m also being told there isn’t. I’ve got to do more research. If there is anything out there that could potentially help this case, it would be the police having better usage of searching DNA.”

“Saturday, thousands of people attended a public visitation for the girls, who were laid to rest Sunday. Visitors have been placing flowers at the Monon High Bridge where the girls were last seen for much of the past week.“

Tips pour in after suspect identified in Delphi double homicide
PUBLISHED: FEB 20TH, 2017 - 12:55PM (EST)UPDATED: FEB 23RD, 2017 - 2:07PM (EST)

Delphi community could be experiencing psychological impacts: ‘Grief is multi-dimensional’

“We believe you are hiding in plain sight,” said Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter.

Heather Servaty-Seib is a Professor of Counseling Psychology at Purdue University. She says grief is multi-dimensional.

“Back to the moment that the news was initially announced,” said Servaty-Seib, “It’s emotional, it’s cognitive, it’s physical, it’s social, it’s spiritual. It’s all of those aspects and it’s also very unique to each person.”“

Someone on thread # 93 asked for the video of family interviews the night of the 13th and said they didn't see it posted here. It was on News 18. Here's the link.

APR 29, 2019
ISP: Nearly 2K tips in week since new Delphi sketch released
[...]

In the week since that new information has been released, Indiana State Police say they have received nearly 2,000 new tips including 1,500 via email, 337 calls to the tip line and 115 calls to local posts and sheriff's departments.

Indiana State Police also have also clarified that the only part of the suspect description that has changed is the suspect's age. The suspect is still described as being between 5 feet 6 inches tall and 5 feet 9 inches tall and between 180 and 220 pounds with reddish-brown hair and an unknown eye color.

[...]

APR 30, 2019
Sheriff: STOP comparing people online with Delphi sketch
The Carroll County Sheriff's office is pleading with the public to stop making side-by-side images of people with the Delphi suspect's sketch and instead to call in or email those tips to detectives.

"Please STOP posting side by side pictures of people you think did this," the sheriff's office posted on Facebook. "You are ruining innocent people's lives."

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member