IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #3

Discussion in 'Aliahna Maroney Lemmon' started by bessie, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. believe09

believe09 Well-Known Member

Good catch!

2. feistygurl

feistygurl Verified Insider

3. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

That was nice and i needed that. They truly are little lambs. Seems i have been on a rant most of the day. I pray these girls do well. These cases are tough and i guess coming off Christmas and everything nice.....sigh

4. Helplessly Hoping

Helplessly Hoping Bred for Humanity/Proud Bottom Dweller

You are correct. I believe he will be charged on Friday. I do believe that LE can utilize, with approval of the state, certain bargaining tactics though. jmo

5. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

:clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you for finding a way to express these thoughts that I was unable to find within TOS. You rock Chris!!! :blowkiss:

6. believe09

believe09 Well-Known Member

this link isnt working for me??

7. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

The fact they might have moved around a lot was something for me to consider and I'm adding this statement from Aliahna's dad. I don't know if it was due to switching cell phone carriers, mom avoiding her ex or if it was landlines in different homes/states? Could be many things. It's just something I wanted to note.

Dawayne Maroney of Centerville, Iowa, says he hadn't recently talked with his daughter, Aliahna Lemmon, or her mother, because they frequently changed their phone number. Aliahna's family lives in a Fort Wayne trailer park whose residents include 15 registered sex offenders.

http://www.newser.com/article/d9rtp...f-plans-trip-from-iowa-to-attend-funeral.html

8. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Welcome to WS Marnie4. :welcome: :welcome4:

9. krimekat

krimekat Amazed and Baffled

It's been reported that Aliahna went to Kindergarten & 1st grade in IA (same town her bio dad lives). Don't know where she lived prior to Kindergarten, though, could have been IA . . .

10. sreshowtime

sreshowtime Well-Known Member

11. mck16

mck16 New Member

Not buying it. Didn't they both have a Facebook account? There is always a way if a father cares. jmo

12. Bittiness39

Bittiness39 New Member

I am depressed. Sad for a life just blossoming that will never be. Sad for the lives left behind. I pray for the remaining children and hope that whatever needs to be done (by a state agency, etc...) will be done to ensure that the terrible decision making on the part of TS is not repeated in the future.

13. Chris_Texas

Chris_Texas New Member

Totally irrelevant, but I am not concerned so long as he is off the streets forever.

But then, I am anti-death penalty personally, so perhaps that colors my opinion. Note: I say that not to inspire a big debate. I used to be 100% pro-DP, I was pro-DP when I worked on death row. Time and a lot of thought has caused me to revise my opinion, but I understand both sides very well and completely sympathize with those who do not share my opinion. :)

14. Helplessly Hoping

Helplessly Hoping Bred for Humanity/Proud Bottom Dweller

Doubt it was irrelevant to MP if he knew his goose was cooked though. I was speculating that LE might have discussed it with him as a bargaining chip. MP might have not had a clue about the real legalities involved. I waffle on it myself btw.

15. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

I suspect Tarah is the type of parent you describe above.

I had male baby sitters as a child. However, they were the brothers of the neighborhood girls who usually babysat us when the girls weren't available. I'm in my mid 40's and can say these two neighborhood friends, both siblings of our female babysitters were THE FUNNEST baby sitters my sisters and I ever had because they were outside playing with us running around the yard and having fun.

In our case, we were outside, in the front and side yards in plain sight of all of our neighbors, we weren't hidden behind closed doors for days while our parents were denied access to speaking with us.

They were so much fun I used to ask if Matt and Mike could baby sit us instead of their sisters who would spend most of their time on the phone.

I wouldn't dismiss a male babysitter. I would, as a parent, take into consideration reasons the state would not allow someone a day care license, or to teach, or fail a background check in order to work with or volunteer to work with children and pass on having them babysit my child in their home for a week.

Lots of great male volunteers out there. Not all are bad. My dad has been volunteering for Easter Seals for almost a decade since my son needed their services as an infant. Easter Seals was the only place that called back when he checked with several local places to volunteer. Yes, he passed a background check. Yes, the kids love him, even call him Lord Fire and he plays Santa for them every year.

JMO

16. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Warning: May not be related, but worth looking into....
    Since this article does not name any victims, I assume it is OK to post. If not, mods please delete.

I don't have time to sleuth this just now, but it really does sound like it might be related. This article was published on December 7, so the timing is kind of strange, but it goes along with the theory that this family is a den of abuse. It looks like this abuse took place in Scott County, Iowa. I am not sure how this relates geographically to where Aliahna lived or visited in Iowa.

http://qctimes.com/news/local/crime...cle_8576ef0e-2152-11e1-9310-001871e3ce6c.html

Please let me know if anybody cares to check into this and what you have found.

17. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

Does the younger sister's bio dad live in Fort Wayne? Seems like TS was going back and forth between the two cities. Do we know where she grew up?

18. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

IIRC the sheriff on NG and in MSM.

19. krimekat

krimekat Amazed and Baffled

:welcome:

20. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

I am going to sign off. This case has made me a crazy poster person LOL Back to my world of reality and work tomorrow. That's a good and much needed reprieve. Thanks in advance to all the posters who will provide updates. No matter how horrific to read. I'm not the one who physically endured it. That's the thought that gets me thru the read. Night all and God Bless :seeya:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.