IN - Allegations of child abuse at Hephzibah House, Winona Lake, 2018

This is one way to take them down. Get that doctor investigated, and maybe he'll sing like a bird about what's going on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes, just like the dr. for the girls'Olympic gymnastic team.

many, if not all of the wwasp programs, operated the same way. There are support forums for those who have been thru what you have been thru... I’m not sure of specifically hh related but def wwasp related. If you are interested i can look them up and send them to you. You are not alone. ❤️

wwasp?

I don't really think there is anything the police can do so long as the kids were placed there by their parents.

Karlee Macer 9th District D is not from the district where Hephzibah House is, but she is a strong child advocate. She met with One of the young women who got out of HH most recently 2009 if I remember right. I was supposed to be there, but my daughter got pneumonia. She seemed to give us the brush off for almost a year, first she promised to meet with us when the legislative session ended, then she was on vacation. I had written her off when I got a call from someone helping me who works in Indiana that she would see us Dec 27th. Poor Mary had to go without me. She was terrified, but did a great job and Ms Macer was very interested in helping us. It would be nice if she got a bunch of feedback from people encouraging her to pursue this further. I'd love it if she were buried in messages from concerned citizens. Indiana knows about Hephzibah House and Ron Williams. It is time they did something to protect those children. It is time they quit looking the other way.

Can you provide address, phone #, and email?

Two thoughts off the top of my head:

1. Child abuse report by every single one of you as to abuse you suffered. That may cause them to inspect that hell hole.

2. A lawsuit by every one of you who has come forward. That could shut the place down or at least publicize the horrors there.

3. Ride the coat tails of the Turpin case and try to get more publicity so that authorities can inspect more and maybe find a way to shut it down.

LIke #3!

Oh my god i am sick to my stomach can I help

I don't really think there is anything the police can do so long as the kids were placed there by their parents.

Making a minor eat their own vomit is abuse. A mom can point at her kid and have a stranger beat the kid senseless with a bat. It doesn't make it legal because the child's parent said it was okay. The stranger would be arrested. jmo.

Are these church-affiliated schools tax-exempt? That's another angle to approach. Honestly, I believe a shot-gun approach is necessary so that no entrenched person/s or group has the law or power behind them to continue hiding their abuse.

Can a report be made to CPS? Who actually has jurisdiction over the welfare of these kids?
No one, most of them are from out of state, some from other countries, they are nameless and faceless. Even if the police walked up to the door to do a welfare check...Williams would just deny anyone was there.

No one, most of them are from out of state, some from other countries, they are nameless and faceless. Even if the police walked up to the door to do a welfare check...Williams would just deny anyone was there.

Sigh. Let’s figure this out!!

I was wondering about CPS as well.

I will not be able to make any personal phone calls at work today, but I submitted a tip to the sheriff. Thank you Gitana for your help with giving me ideas of what to include, and thank you Disgruntled for providing me with such detailed info. After my doctor's appointment tonight I am going to call to make sure they received the tip and feel out the vibe I get. If I don't think they are taking it seriously, I will go another route.

Even if this place did a 180 in the past few months, it deserves a look. If they are on the up and up then the worst thing is that I wasted LE's time.
Yes, in reading about these boarding schools closed down in other states as well as administrators being prosecuted, it begins with charges filed with either LE or CPS, then an investigation by LE or a social worker, either of whom doesn't give up but is willing to pursue.

Two thoughts off the top of my head:

1. Child abuse report by every single one of you as to abuse you suffered. That may cause them to inspect that hell hole.

2. A lawsuit by every one of you who has come forward. That could shut the place down or at least publicize the horrors there.

3. Ride the coat tails of the Turpin case and try to get more publicity so that authorities can inspect more and maybe find a way to shut it down.

And I would add ride the coattails of the Nassar case.

So I think one of the ways we might be able to continue this thread is, for instance, if I could only go back and edit my post about legislation and just present it as something that could be done to solve the problem, but NOT organize (in this thread) us actually writing the letters.

And same with mentioning who legislators are there - probably ok, but probably not ok to write the contact information to contact them.

So until we hear from Tricia, let's just try to be cognizant of the difference between giving general information and actively organizing anything.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Are these church-affiliated schools tax-exempt? That's another angle to approach. Honestly, I believe a shot-gun approach is necessary so that no entrenched person/s or group has the law or power behind them to continue hiding their abuse.
I agree! It is a law in IN that any staff member of a public or private school must report suspected abuse without first going to their administrator. They can be held liable for keeping quiet. I know lawyers are expensive but not so much to write letters to some of the staff there reminding them of their responsibility and the liability they face if they do not comply. If present or recently past staff members would begin to report abuse an investigation would just about have to happen. CPS must investigate children abuse allegations even if their parents live in another state.

I can't read that link. Maybe this is it?

attachment.php

I can see my daughter's father's house in this photo. Creeptastic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back