GUILTY IN - Alma Del Real, 22, South Bend, 12 April 2015

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by los2188, Apr 14, 2015.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Alma Del Real
    [​IMG]
    SBPD ask for public's help to find missing woman
    http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/SBPD-ask-for-publics-help-to-find-missing-woman-299710211.html

2. Loading...

3. colette

colette Well-Known Member

Supposedly the friend dropped her off and did not watch to see that Alma made it into the home, according to local tv.

4. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

5. JLSChook

JLSChook Fin's Pet

A friend dropped her off? Male? Female? Boyfriend? Acquaintance? Did anyone else see this drop off?

My goodness, I'm so jaded. :blushing:

What a beautiful girl. I pray she is safe. :please:

6. JerseyGirl

With the help of the K-9 unit, Police spent Tuesday afternoon searching for clues.

Friends are scared and confused, trying not to panic. “We're really worried because she's not the type of person that would do this." When she was dropped off early Sunday morning, the person who dropped her off didn't stay to make sure she got inside okay.

They say her bed was never slept in and her green Chevy pick up is parked just steps from her house.

She missed a work conference in Chicago on Sunday, which she was looking forward to.

Del Real also failed to show up for work Monday.

http://www.abc57.com/story/28800855/22-year-old-reported-missing-from-south-bend

7. CluelessWonder

CluelessWonder Active Member

I don't think she ever made it home. If you came home that late and had stuff to do the next day, you'd go right to your bed and snooze.

8. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

She's beautiful. It seems like she could have attracted someone following her ride home. I also wonder, with JLSChook, who the friend was who dropped her off.

9. colette

My money is on the friend.

10. los2188

11. JerseyGirl

WEDNESDAY UPDATE: Investigators working the case are getting information being passed via friends and relatives of Alma. This information is being circulated by individuals posting to social media sites such as Facebook.

While we encourage dialog, much of this information could help the investigators pursuing the case. Please call us directly with any and all information, however trivial. Detective Jen Gobel is the lead investigator and can be reached at 574.235.7478.

Several pieces of helpful information that were discussed amongst Alma's friends via social media could have moved the investigation forward had police received the messages first-hand in a timely manner.

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/SBPD-ask-for-publics-help-to-find-missing-woman-299710211.html

12. mom2four717

mom2four717 Well-Known Member

Oh boy, this sounds bad.
    I hope things are much better than they sound.

Where in the world would investigations be with out social media?
    So much is just laid open for anyone looking.
    Double edge sword I suppose.

Holding Alma in the light.

13. BrownRice

BrownRice Well-Known Member

I'm local to this area and NOTHING has been on the news. I am subscribed to local breaking news texts and haven't rec'd a thing. The local newspaper doesn't have anything (on the front page of the online version) nor do the news channels. The area she is missing from is very sketchy. Can't imagine being out there at 3:30 a.m.

14. colette

I am local to this story as well. Her home is on the corner of Ewing and Scott St. The area is really not that bad there, but I don't think she was ever driven home. Every local newscast and the trib has a small story about the fact that she is missing but there is nothing new to report on at this point in my opinion. Hope LE is checking everyone involved, phone history and where they were that night.

15. hisjerseygirl

hisjerseygirl New Member

What a beautiful girl. I hope she's found safe.

Seems odd that the "friend" wouldn't watch to make sure she got in her door? Especially that late at night.... thinking its quite possible she was never dropped off.

16. los2188

I don't have a good feeling about this.

17. kimi_SFC

kimi_SFC Active Member

I'm with you los. :scared: and very worried for her!
    :praying:
    :candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. lucky181

lucky181 New Member

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/...-SB-woman-ask-for-publics-help-300022581.html

19. LostOldUserName

LostOldUserName Member

Very sad indeed. For a 22 year old to not check in with friends or family via text/social media it doesn't look good.

20. colette

However, there appears to be a lot of discussion about the case on Twitter. In fact, the police are actively using Twitter to look for answers in her case. So are the woman’s friends and family members.

This was posted on the inquisitr web site but for some reason can't link it here.

Family has been searching parks and alleys in South Bend per Twitter of local ABC

I think she will be further out in the country. Some farmers going to fields or mushroom hunters will find her.

21. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Who was the last person to see her OTHER than the friend who dropped her off? Looks like Studio Rumba 305's closing time is 3am. Did anyone actually see her there that late?