IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #3

So Amber took Amiah with her for the motel date and after they got there - RL took Amiah to the babysitter?
Since they lived in the garage (or car) behind the babysitters house - why didn’t they just walk Amiah over to the babysitter’s house before they went for their “date”?

Some people here in Indy are trying to coordinate a bike rally ride of Amiah. I don’t think they have a confirmed date yet on when it’ll take place but they were trying to get as many people in it as possible.

It's so sad that some people are more than happy to get out and about to look for Amiah in this way, yet there's a crowd just hanging out doing diddly. Jeez it gets me riled this case does.

#Looking for Amiah

Some people here in Indy are trying to coordinate a bike rally ride of Amiah. I don’t think they have a confirmed date yet on when it’ll take place but they were trying to get as many people in it as possible.

This is awesome. They ride for a lot of great causes, many of them children.

Checking in as well, hoping for news like always, sigh.

Bring justice for this baby please.

The family of a baby girl missing since March wants a new law passed in Indiana that would stiffen the penalties on parents who don’t report their child missing right away.

...SBM

Patricia Turner, a family member of Amiah’s, started an online petition advocating for a new law that would make it a felony if a parent or guardian does not report a child missing within 48 hours after the child was last seen. Turner said Amiah’s immediate family did not report the baby girl missing until a full week after she was a last seen.

...SBM

“It needs to be a nationwide law, it shouldn’t just be state to state,” Turner added. “It’s sad. You shouldn’t have to be told to report your child missing. If they are missing you report it immediately.”

Missing baby’s family petitioning for Amiah’s Law

The family of a baby girl missing since March wants a new law passed in Indiana that would stiffen the penalties on parents who don’t report their child missing right away.

...SBM

Patricia Turner, a family member of Amiah’s, started an online petition advocating for a new law that would make it a felony if a parent or guardian does not report a child missing within 48 hours after the child was last seen. Turner said Amiah’s immediate family did not report the baby girl missing until a full week after she was a last seen.

...SBM

“It needs to be a nationwide law, it shouldn’t just be state to state,” Turner added. “It’s sad. You shouldn’t have to be told to report your child missing. If they are missing you report it immediately.”

Missing baby’s family petitioning for Amiah’s Law

Good for them taking a stand.

The family of a baby girl missing since March wants a new law passed in Indiana that would stiffen the penalties on parents who don't report their child missing right away.

Amiah Robertson was 8-months old when she disappeared March 9th in Indianapolis. Robert Lyons, the boyfriend of Amiah's mother, Amber Robertson, is a suspect but has not been charged with anything in the case.

Patricia Turner, a family member of Amiah's, started an online petition advocating for a new law that would make it a felony if a parent or guardian does not report a child missing within 48 hours after the child was last seen. Turner said Amiah's immediate family did not report the baby girl missing until a full week after she was a last seen.
Petition For "Amiah's Law" Gets 3,200 Signatures

I felt like being punched in the gut when I read that headline, but I would rather know where Amiah is and what happened to her than to never know and a possible murderer remain free and unpunished. :(

I would hope if this child is identified as Amiah, it will bring LE back on the case x100 and the person(s) responsible prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Even if it isn't Amiah….poor baby, nobody should be dumped and left.

I felt like being punched in the gut when I read that headline, but I would rather know where Amiah is and what happened to her than to never know and a possible murderer remain free and unpunished. :(

I would hope if this child is identified as Amiah, it will bring LE back on the case x100 and the person(s) responsible prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Even if it isn't Amiah….poor baby, nobody should be dumped and left.

Yeah I’m leaning toward it not being her with the distance also. Sad that there are so many babies thrown out like garbage! MOO

I didn't do much sleuthing when this case was originally unfolding; is there a reason that some feel this might be Amiah vs the baby of someone more local to that area? (360 miles/2 states away is quite a distance to travel to dump a body, especially for someone unemployed/limited resources for gas for long trips and a car in "poor condition")

Is it because one of the key players has ties to Columbia, Missouri? Just the fact that I-70 runs from Indianapolis directly to Columbia?

I didn't do much sleuthing when this case was originally unfolding; is there a reason that some feel this might be Amiah vs the baby of someone more local to that area? (360 miles/2 states away is quite a distance to travel to dump a body, especially for someone unemployed/limited resources for gas for long trips and a car in "poor condition")

Is it because one of the key players has ties to Columbia, Missouri? Just the fact that I-70 runs from Indianapolis directly to Columbia?

On March 9, police reported that their person of interest (RL) was "missing" for a 9 hour period and asked for anyone who saw him and/or his vehicle during that time contact police. Here is a post where @margarita25 thought through how far he could have traveled during that missing time frame: IN - IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

Regarding the newly discovered baby, I haven't seen any information in the news about whether LE thinks the baby was recently placed at the location it was found or if it seemed to have been there for awhile.

360 or so miles.

On March 9, police reported that their person of interest (RL) was "missing" for a 9 hour period and asked for anyone who saw him and/or his vehicle during that time contact police. Here is a post where @margarita25 thought through how far he could have traveled during that missing time frame: IN - IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

Regarding the newly discovered baby, I haven't seen any information in the news about whether LE thinks the baby was recently placed at the location it was found or if it seemed to have been there for awhile.

Thanks @sasha17 for digging that up. Interesting that the max range at 80mph estimated exactly at 360.

Here are the contents of that post:

“As far determine the maximum range of travel RL could have gone on March 9:

The absolute maximum round trip distance that RL could have traveled in 9 hours with no stops IF he was going 80 miles an hour on the freeway would be 360 miles if I calculated correctly.

(80mph x 4.5 hours each way)

Obviously the high speed variable of 80mph with no stops is conducive to a large (and impractical imo) buffer range so as to no way underestimate. So, if he did travel out of the area the actual distance would likely be less than this. One would then have to account for any time he took at the disposal site, which could be anything from zero (quick toss) vs. more time (burial, etc).

Again this is IF he even left the area of M/R. Another specific question I would have for LE is IF they believe he remained in that area for the full time range and what evidence do they have to confirm he was there, and when and for how long. They didn’t seem to want to elaborate on this in the PC, and I’m not sure exactly why.

—-

More maximum distance estimates, again with no stops, at different speeds would look like this, again based on the 4.5 hours maximum time he would have had to travel there and back.

70 mph: 316 miles
60 mph: 270 miles
50 mph: 225 miles
40 mph: 180 miles
30 mph: 135 miles

Now for fun, I’m going to average the 5 above miles numbers, not using 80 mph as a variable as I find it unrealistic.

Average is 225 miles, 30-70 mph.

So a very rough estimation considering stops and accounting for approx 30 minutes for the disposal, I would say she would have to be around or under 200 miles at a maximum figure, if even that far, IF he even traveled out of the area, moo.

(I hope I did the math right on those, I think I did..if not oops as I’m out of editing time.)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
Mar 30, 2019

I thought LE said he STAYED in the SW side of Indianapolis until 10:00pm when he returned to the mother? (Forget the intersection but the one where the female detective mentioned the Food Mart, laundromat etc)

*ETA* so are people thinking he just recently dumped her there? someone else did?

I thought LE said he STAYED in the SW side of Indianapolis until 10:00pm when he returned to the mother? (Forget the intersection but the one where the female detective mentioned the Food Mart, laundromat etc)

*ETA* so are people thinking he just recently dumped her there? someone else did?

IIRC, that was one of the points that was never really clear. Did he stay at the same intersection on the SW side for that period of time or travel around locally in town or possibly could have he gone somewhere further on that date before later returning to the mother? So much of this is so mixed up and unclear due to the changing stories. Sigh. FWIW, I don't think this newly found baby is Amiah. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back