IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #3

The truth hurts to read/hear sometimes. Sadly, I think you may be right. :(

It sounds like landfills are not a thing there without going into more detail.

I agree though I do not think she will ever be found.

If anyone who knows cared one bit about that child, they would help find her or (I hate to say this) what remains of her so that she can be laid to rest.

Of course that has not happened to date, so it will not.

imo.

RE: the disussion of someone being arrested for something in this case

Do you guys remember when we were talking about crime levels here in Indianpolis previously and this little 8 year old girl was mentioned? Her mother brought her to a firehouse and she'd been shot in the head and died? This was after Amiah went missing. One of many homicides here recently.

Anyway, they arrested that girls mom and charged her with neglect (for now).

Court docs: Mom accused of neglect in deadly shooting of 8-year-old girl told conflicting stories

Maybe there is hope that Amiah will also get even some small amount of justice as well?

P.S. I didn't find a thread for the 8 year old girl, Kendrielle Brye, but felt it was relevant here as we were pondering if any arrests would be made for Amiah for other charges not necessarily homicide etc

Do you guys remember when we were talking about crime levels here in Indianpolis previously and this little 8 year old girl was mentioned? Her mother brought her to a firehouse and she'd been shot in the head and died? This was after Amiah went missing. One of many homicides here recently.

Court docs: Mom accused of neglect in deadly shooting of 8-year-old girl told conflicting stories

Maybe there is hope that Amiah will also get even some small amount of justice as well?

P.S. I didn't find a thread for the 8 year old girl, Kendrielle Brye, but felt it was relevant here as we were pondering if any arrests would be made for Amiah for other charges not necessarily homicide etc

I think at some point they are going to have to make this decision. Maybe they have more than we know and are working towards an arrest for murder but if not, I would think they would be considering this. It is a roll of the dice no doubt but it does not take the opportunity to charge for murder off of the table later if more evidence is found as there is no statute on it.

Obstruction and/or neglect? Two people seem to be guilty of neglect here at minimum and should know or have known where she is/was and who with and have reported it immediately. I do not know the statutes so just guesses of possible charges.

This man is still at large? That is scary. I just read the article. I wonder why they made the decision to charge with another offense in that case but not in Amiah's thus far. Of course in that one, they have a body and know the poor child died due to a gunshot.

Another heartbreaking story! It's unbelievable the amount of children missing or killed at the hands of a parent/SO. It's happening all over the US and it scares me to think of those cases of abuse we don't even know about.

I know a lot of this stems from the drug epidemic going on, but how can we as a society actually make change? Child Protections Services Agencies are operating at maximum overload and the jails are overcrowded and bulging at the seams. How is this not one of the most important issues being raised in the LE/Government/Political circles?

“It’s just a tragic accident. Accidents happen,” said pastor Michael Searcy with New Direction Worship Center in late March.

From the linked article. Emphasis on "just" is mine. o_O

I think at some point they are going to have to make this decision. Maybe they have more than we know and are working towards an arrest for murder but if not, I would think they would be considering this. It is a roll of the dice no doubt but it does not take the opportunity to charge for murder off of the table later if more evidence is found as there is no statute on it.

Obstruction and/or neglect? Two people seem to be guilty of neglect here at minimum and should know or have known where she is/was and who with and have reported it immediately. I do not know the statutes so just guesses of possible charges.
Indiana has Double Jeopardy Law. As much as I hate waiting for an arrest, they can't use the same evidence for different charges IMO.

Here's an example Mother’s neglect conviction vacated under double jeopardy rule | 2018-12-07 | The Indiana Lawyer

investigation is underway after what are believed to be human remains were found in River Bend Park.

Police say just before 11 a.m. Wednesday, a father and son were mushroom hunting and came across skeletal remains at the park. Police arrived and found an ID and some clothing near the remains.

The park is located near 201 Sycamore Street, north of West 8th Street and east of North Madison Avenue.

The Madison County coroner’s office said they believe they know who the remains belong to, but that identity has not been released.

Police say it’s too early to say if foul play is suspected.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back