IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #3

I remember Adam Walsh.
I was a freshman in highschool. I thought people that kidnapped children just couldn't have children of their own,and took loving care of the children. Even though kidnapping is 100% wrong,and children shouldn't be kidnapped. It was a horrific end to my innocence. Finding out what happened to Adam.
I think it's the same for the people that hold out hope in this case.
MOO

I think you're right. Even though I know this stuff happens, there is nothing in me that can truly imagine the concept.

I remember Adam Walsh.
I was a freshman in highschool. I thought people that kidnapped children just couldn't have children of their own,and took loving care of the children. Even though kidnapping is 100% wrong,and children shouldn't be kidnapped. It was a horrific end to my innocence. Finding out what happened to Adam.
I think it's the same for the people that hold out hope in this case.
MOO

Well, except for the innocence part. I know it's unlikely to be true and what likely happened to Amiah, and I'm not going to be crushed by finding out it happened again. Resigned to the inevitable.

Hope isn't logical. It's just...hope.

There's not much that I can even say on this due to TOS. I'm new and I don't want a time out or a ban. It's incredibly frustrating. Not one soul actually cared about Amiah. She really didn't stand a chance. There isn't all that much that IMPD can do when no one cooperates or worse flat out lies about when, where and how they saw Amiah last. These people are just repulsive to me. I'll leave it a that.

Totally agree with you.

I don't have a very good feeling about Mom her actions from the beginning were super suspicious. Does she really think Amiah is alive somewhere else after all this time???

How awful that nobody knows where this little angel is.

At worst she is involved and at best she shouldn't have had children.

Terrible, poor baby deserved so much more than the life she had.

There's not much that I can even say on this due to TOS. I'm new and I don't want a time out or a ban. It's incredibly frustrating. Not one soul actually cared about Amiah. She really didn't stand a chance. There isn't all that much that IMPD can do when no one cooperates or worse flat out lies about when, where and how they saw Amiah last. These people are just repulsive to me. I'll leave it a that.

I totally agree.

Curiosity we have always had hope that missing babies are alive and well somewhere. But in all reality how often does that happen? I mean we hear of a few cases years later and some we may never know but I just don’t think the baby was sold. Maybe I’m just naive but I don’t see this as the outcome. :( jmo
In reality, it happens too often.

Kifer recently attended a meeting with a local advocacy agency that supports protecting children against being sold. As of this year, there has been a reported 17 cases of human trafficking/exploitation in according to HPD.

New legislation prohibits black market adoption of children

I believe at one point they found items (clothes) belonging to the baby by a lake/river. This was called in as a tip. They did send in dive teams but nothing further was found. Yesterday they dug in the babysitters yard. IMO, LE sounds confident this baby is deceased and has been for some time. What an incredibly frustrating case for LE dealing with this cast of characters.

If I remember correctly, mom was the source of this tip. It has always been a bit odd to me.

93 WIBC Indianapolis‏Verified account @93wibc

NEWS: Husband Of Amiah Robertson's Babysitter Says His Wife Is Not A Child Killer https://buff.ly/2vwcQvZ

D5jUU_8W4AIw2BX.jpg

93 WIBC Indianapolis on Twitter

93 WIBC Indianapolis‏Verified account @93wibc

NEWS: Husband Of Amiah Robertson's Babysitter Says His Wife Is Not A Child Killer https://buff.ly/2vwcQvZ

D5jUU_8W4AIw2BX.jpg

93 WIBC Indianapolis on Twitter

So she was not a regular babysitter and only sat for her three times. She is married. Unless we have had incorrect news though they let this couple and the baby live in a car or shed in the back yard? Doesn't she have a record of her own? If I were them, I do not think it is the police to be upset with, it is RL who says he left the child with the sitter/her. He places the baby there. If RL, Amber and baby lived in the back yard they also are apt to have seen the comings and goings of the child and the "couple". There must be some closeness or why would they be living there? Or do I have it wrong? I have followed along always on this case and that is how I understand it.

What is this place? Rent a shed apartment? Rent a car apartment?

Just saying...

I’m confused. Barry Browning only saw the baby once even they were living in a car/shed on his property? I’m wondering if the car/shed was a temporary housing solution - but where had Amiah been living up until this point in time?

And where is this car they had been living in?

Last edited:
I know i keep saying it but not one of the key players in this whole disgusting episode appear to give a damn about that baby.

Why wasn't there someone in her life that was pro active in trying to ensure her safety?

Passed from pillar to post, apparently living in a shed or garage, care givers whacked out on god knows what.

If that happened in my community I would be reporting to social services or trying to involve myself in taking care of the baby myself to try and ensure she was ok.

I don't think the baby was harmed and murdered in a violent act (stabbing or strangulation or such like) I think it will be to do with giving her drugs whether on purpose or accidently (though how do you give drugs to a baby without it been intentional).

They are all just covering their own backs and at this point are as culpable as each other.

I just watched the 2007 movie Gone Baby Gone with Morgan Freeman on Netflix. While I don't think this baby was kidnapped it was about a child that many adults thought was in a hopeless situation and some people decided to take matters into their own hands to protect that child. It was a thriller and interesting. It reminded me of this case a little.

I just watched the 2007 movie Gone Baby Gone with Morgan Freeman on Netflix. While I don't think this baby was kidnapped it was about a child that many adults thought was in a hopeless situation and some people decided to take matters into their own hands to protect that child. It was a thriller and interesting. It reminded me of this case a little.

A great movie and I love the quote at the beginning..

'I always believed it was the things you don't choose that makes you who you are. Your city. Your neighborhood. Your family. People here take pride in these things. Like it was something they'd accomplished. The bodies around their souls. The cities wrapped around those. I lived on this block my whole life. Most of these people have. When your job is to find people who are missing, it helps to know where they started. I find the people who started in the cracks, and then fell through. This city can be hard. When I was young, I asked my priest how you could get to heaven and still protect yourself from all the evil in the world. He told me what God said to his children.

"You are sheep among wolves, be wise as serpents, yet innocent as doves."

D5a_9Z4U8AAfnp6.jpg:large

Almost like she knew they were there all along.

I agree, it was very odd. Or someone placed them there after the fact to try to point the investigation in a certain direction... To my knowledge, LE never said the info came from Amber but she said so if I recall correctly...

Julia Deng‏Verified account @Julia_Deng

Barry Browning says the only remains buried in his yard are his Rottweiler’s. Detectives leading the Amiah Robertson case have searched his property multiple times. “The baby isn’t here,” he told @WISH_TV. “It’s time for the circus to pack up.” WATCH: http://bit.ly/2Le6jkh

Julia Deng on Twitter

(Video at link)
Hmmmmmm.
Just because they didn't find Amiah doesn't mean they didn't get anything.
They took a lot of stuff this time?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back