IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #3

Thanks for the updates everyone, please post stuff here if you can. I’m adding @mlhenn’s Charley Project link to media thread, thank you.

Amiah Robertson – The Charley Project

Casefile added on July 26, 2021

Details of Disappearance
Amiah was last seen at the her residence of her babysitter, Jeanette Browning, in the 200 block of Holmes Avenue in Indianapolis, Indiana on March 9, 2019. Amiah's mother, Amber Robertson, and Amber's boyfriend, Robert Lee "Robbie" Lyons, had been living with Amiah in their car behind Browning's home. Lyons is not Amiah's biological father. Lyons and Browning were friends and had known each other for years, and Browning had baby-sat Amiah a couple of times in February and March.

On the day of Amiah's disappearance, Browning and other witnesses saw Lyons leave the house with the baby at 1:15 p.m. He was driving a maroon 1996 Isuzu Rodeo in poor condition. He was near Rockville Road and Mickley Avenue between 1:30 and 8:30 p.m. He stayed on the southwest side of the city until 10:00 p.m., then returned to Amber without Amiah.

Amber was initially unconcerned because Amiah was supposed to be with Browning at her house to spend the night; however, she had not been brought to Browning's home and the child was never seen again. It wasn't until the next morning that Amber found out her child wasn't at the babysitter's home, and Lyons "taunted" Amber about Amiah's whereabouts. Amber later said he told her he would take her to Amiah if she went with him alone, but she didn't know what to do because she was afraid of him.

On March 16, Amber called the police and said that she and Lyons had argued about her whereabouts and he had struck her with his car. He was arrested for battery. This was the first time authorities had heard Amiah was missing. At first, for unclear reasons, the police were led to believe she had last been seen on March 14 and was in immediate danger. Within a few days they learned she had actually been seen on March 9. On March 19, authorities announced they believed Amiah was in "extreme danger".

Photos of Amber, Lyons, and a vehicle similar to Lyons's car are posted with this case summary. When questioned, Lyons said the baby was safe and suggested several possible places where she might be. Police checked on the places he named, however, and discovered Amiah wasn't in any of them and in fact, some of the locations he suggested didn't even exist.

Investigators believe Amiah was the victim of a homicide, and Lyons is the prime suspect in her disappearance. He has not faced charges in connection with it, however, although he has been arrested multiple times on unrelated matters since her disappearance.

Police have conducted several searches for Amiah, including at the Browning residence and in a local river, but have found no trace of the baby's whereabouts. Her case remains unsolved.

Thanks for the updates everyone, please post stuff here if you can. I’m adding @mlhenn’s Charley Project link to media thread, thank you.
Thanks Mags, poor little Amiah seems to have been an afterthought to everyone around her. It's so sad that there hasn't been an arrest in this case.

I'm still living in hope that one day we will get news of a charge. I won't give up on Justice for little Amiah.

Over on another thread news broke that Justice is on the move for Paitin Fields. Her Uncle David P has been charged at last.

Don't give up on baby Amiah, her day will come.

<snipped & BBM from above link>

By remembering baby Amiah, supporters hope that new information will develop in this case.

Hatton said to “the people that were responsible for Amiah going missing, we want them to be held accountable. We want them to be honest about what they’ve done to Amiah so she can be laid to rest properly.

Amiah’s memorial walk for justice will be at 2 p.m. Saturday. Organizers asked supporters to bring balloons and signs for Amiah.

#Justice4Amiah

Who is Columbia, Missouri Baby Doe?

Could this be her. Or is too far away, what do you guys think?
Could be IMO. The remains are of a girl baby, found about 5 months after Amiah disappeared.

The website indicates 2.8k of a 5k goal has been donated so far, so apparently no testing has been done yet.

I guess my first question is whether Indianapolis LE has been contacted regarding the remains?

Google Maps

The distance is about 350 - 395 miles between the two cities, depending on the route. The routes are both a straight shot along an interstate.

FWIW, we did discuss this baby's case back in 2019. At that time her gender wasn't known but we considered the possibility of it being Amiah. I don't know exactly when the baby's gender was determined.

I know cases can fall between the cracks sometimes but it's hard to imagine LE ignoring this discovery. Still, I haven't seen anything in msm suggesting a connection between the 2.

Here's the link to the unknown baby's case here:
MO - MO - Columbia, McKnight Tire, UnkSex/Race Infant, UP59447, in backpack hidden in old tire, Aug'19

Could be IMO. The remains are of a girl baby, found about 5 months after Amiah disappeared.

The website indicates 2.8k of a 5k goal has been donated so far, so apparently no testing has been done yet.

I guess my first question is whether Indianapolis LE has been contacted regarding the remains?

Google Maps

The distance is about 350 - 395 miles between the two cities, depending on the route. The routes are both a straight shot along an interstate.

That's quite a distance away for Amiah though. Remember the boyfriends battered old car? Would it make that journey and back?

I'd like to think the remains are who we want so she can be laid to rest at last.

That's quite a distance away for Amiah though. Remember the boyfriends battered old car? Would it make that journey and back?

I'd like to think the remains are who we want so she can be laid to rest at last.
I agree!

The drive distance is 5 - 6 hours so if it's Amiah then someone was out of state for 10 - 12 hours at some point.

I hadn't thought about the Missouri baby for a while until @rootbeer's post. I thought the DNA was already tested. After more searching today I found this from September 24, 2020:

Columbia police partner with Othram taking a different approach to solving the 2019 Baby Doe Case, Sept. 22
(COLUMBIA, MO) -
On Sept. 22 Columbia Police Department partnered with Othram, a private lab known for forensic genealogy testing, taking a different approach to solving the 2019 investigation involving the remains of an infant found at Mcknight Tire, 1900 block of North Providence Rd.

The investigation began Aug. 15, 2019 when employees of Mcknight Tire found a small backpack inside a tire that contained the decomposed remains of an infant, known as Baby Doe. Since then, there have been little to no leads in this investigation.

"Traditional methods used by detectives to identify have been unsuccessful in this case, including submission of evidence to state labs," said Lt. Matt Stephens. "By using forensic genealogy testing, we believe the services provided by Othram to be a viable option in identifying the remains of the infant."

Othram is the world’s first private DNA laboratory built specifically to apply the power of modern parallel sequencing to forensic evidence. The technology used by the lab could potentially help identify Baby Doe and bring closure to a year-long investigation.

For more information on Othram’s involvement in this investigation, please visit dnasolves.com

Anyone with information about this incident is urged to please contact the Columbia Police Department at 573.874.7652 or CrimeStoppers at 573.875.TIPS (8477) to remain anonymous.

Case number 2019-008433
Columbia police partner with Othram taking a different approach to solving the 2019 Baby Doe Case, Sept. 22

Notice the part I bolded only mentions submitting evidence to state labs. And if the DNA hasn't yet been tested then there's no way to tell if there's a connection.

IOW how can we eliminate the unknown baby's case if no comparisons have been made? Without any word on whether or not LE considered a link I feel like this is just evidence dangling in the ether. MOO.

Columbia, Missouri Baby Doe was just identified; she is not Amiah. Unfortunately she was yet another victim (named Samone).

Thank you. I didn't think it would be Amiah, just a gut feeling. All the same it's awfully sad to know that yet another little Angel has gone but at least she'll be flying free.

Columbia, Missouri Baby Doe was just identified; she is not Amiah. Unfortunately she was yet another victim (named Samone).
Columbia police identified Samone J. Daniels as the victim. She was 4 to 5 months old at the time of her death and her remains had been inside a tire since 2017, according to CPD.

CPD says Samone's parents were arrested in connection to her death.

Staffone Fountain, 30, of St. Joseph, is charged with first-degree murder and abandonment of a corpse. He was arrested by the St. Joseph Police Department and is in their custody without bond.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back