IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by yrmfp, Mar 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shin Masamura

Shin Masamura Him who is without syntax cast out the 1st pronoun

110%, I made the decision years ago to mentor foster kids that grew up in this mess. Best $50 i've ever spent.. but yes, concerning

Remind me to comment once this case gets resolved as I am refraining from commenting atm. You and I have always been on the same wave length in these matters..

Lucyray, Alcina, HulaMum and 18 others like this.
  2. Stunned

Stunned Your past explains you, It does not excuse you

Here we go agian! I hate this!

3. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

That interview........

4. beatrixpotter

beatrixpotter Well-Known Member

Poor baby. *sigh* If she's only 13 lbs that's really tiny. The mom's cover photo makes the baby look pretty underweight. I've had small babies. But of course none of mine have disappeared. I'm betting mom doesn't really know what baby even weighs because baby hasn't darkened the door of the pediatrician's office in some time.

Lucyray, Alcina, HulaMum and 18 others like this.
  5. Choochoobella

Choochoobella Well-Known Member

Insearchof, I agree. The story is off. Here's some new information (one paragraph BBM):

Police in Indianapolis need help in finding a baby girl missing since last Thursday.

8-month-old Amaiah Robertson was last seen at a home along South Holmes Avenue in Indianapolis Thursday. Details of what may have led to her disappearance are unclear as IMPD continues to investigate.

The little girl's grandfather, Charles Robertson, said his daughter, the girl's mother, was involved in domestic dispute with her boyfriend on Friday at a friend's house. The boyfriend was arrested Saturday morning.

"I want my granddaughter alive," Robertson told WISH-TV. "I want her safe like any grandparent would. If she's hurt I want to know what happened."

Indianapolis Police Searching For Missing 8-month-old girl

Lucyray, Alcina, PhoebeTries and 18 others like this.
  6. castilloisno1

castilloisno1 Well-Known Member

Even the baby is not engaging with the Mom. this is so sad.

7. Choochoobella

Choochoobella Well-Known Member

It's clear in the news video that Amber Robertson, Amiah's mother, has a black eye, which I'm guessing is the result of the fight that Amber and her ex had on Friday. So Amber reports the baby missing the next day, Saturday. As others have commented, the ex-boyfriend is in jail, but his arrest doesn't appear to have anything to do with the altercation between Amber and her ex-boyfriend or the fact that Amiah is missing.
    Instead, he was arrested two days ago, 3/17, for criminal recklessness and leaving the scene of an accident.

So the mom asked her ex-boyfriend to drop her baby off at the sitter's house? That seems odd. Maybe Amber didn't have a car and asked the ex-boyfriend to drop the baby off at the sitter's house as a prelude to their date? As we know, the sitter said Amiah was not dropped off. I don't know whether the sitter was expecting her to be dropped off.

Watching the video, Amber is unsteady on her feet, rocking back and forth and her eyelids seem heavy. She seems to be on some kind of substance. Maybe she was given a sedative for anxiety?

Lucyray, Alcina, Looloo and 23 others like this.
  8. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to wonder if this ex-boyfriend who is in jail had absolutely nothing to do with anything and is just being used as a scapegoat!

9. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

Maybe mom's coming off as unemotional because she knows baby is safe and doesn't want to tell where she is for some reason? DCF? A planned ***? Domestic violence issues? Custody issues?

10. yrmfp

yrmfp https://www.facebook.com/groups/findUSnetwork/

11. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

Most recent video with mom....mom referred to her in past tense. Said boyfriend won't reveal whereabouts of the baby until she meets with him alone and she's afraid to be alone with him. Steve Jefferson, newscaster, Facebook page.

She just said her "little brother" asks about her. Um, isn't it an older brother?

12. Kadoober

Kadoober McSassmouth

Wait - earlier it was stated that the fight was on Saturday, and 'that's when she reported Amiah missing'
    Did they fight Friday night AND Saturday morning?
    Why did they need to fight in order for this parent to report her baby missing?
    I finally watched her interview, after crawling all over her media this morning.
    SHE was the one who says Amiah is 16lbs, with 'dark black hair and hazel eyes'
    Seriously?
    It's almost like she doesn't care, or wants people looking in the wrong direction or something.

Did they fight at the babysitters house as they arrived to pick up her baby, and learned she wasn't there? You know, the babysitter that never sent a text during the overnight date with an ex-bf to say 'hey, where's your baby?'

Nice date, too. Jeezy pete.

This is a trainwreck.

13. Kadoober

Kadoober McSassmouth

Me too.

14. yrmfp

yrmfp https://www.facebook.com/groups/findUSnetwork/

#BREAKING: Silver Alert issued for missing 8-month-old. Police say Amiah Robertson is "believed to be in extreme danger and may require medical assistance

Julia Deng on Twitter

15. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

I used to shoot at the LEO range in Indy (which was open to the public on Saturdays when I lived there) and have met some of Indy's LEO's who volunteered as range officers at the time. (a much better alternative than going to B's guns where all the gangbangers went to target shoot). They were sharp and extremely hard working! Praying for justice.

16. HayLouise

HayLouise Well-Known Member

HAPPENING NOW: Police executing search warrant at west side house where Amiah Robertson was last seen. Investigators say family initially stated she was “not in any danger.”

The latest on the frantic search.. and one neighbor’s chilling observations.. on @WISH_TV at 5 & 6.

7915C9F4-9408-49DA-9EA1-CFCF3BB295A8.jpeg

Julia Deng on Twitter

17. HayLouise

1 hour ago:

#UPDATE: IMPD continues search for missing 8-month-old Amiah Robertson.

Investigators doing thorough search of home on Holmes where child was supposed to be left with babysitter.

Statewide Silver Alert has been put in place for the missing infant.

4E29A0BB-F0FE-4FB7-8359-9410264A1C00.jpeg 2EBD45AA-0CA5-4D00-A3F9-3DAF1C1A7402.jpeg 87024D40-69BB-4AE0-8AAE-0591581AF2DD.jpeg DBB785B3-D38E-4515-8390-95A78925A42E.jpeg

Jesse Wells on Twitter

18. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

Can anyone find a scanner?

19. HayLouise

1 hour ago:

IMPD has focused their investigation with Crime Lab in the case of missing 8mo Amiah Robertson at the back of the house where she was supposed to be dropped off at babysitters on Holmes Ave on Indy’s SW side @WTHRcom @IMPDnews @scoopjefferson @cicrimestoppers

DC78BE59-B2AC-4F7E-B732-0A3B009B0841.jpeg

Steve Jefferson on Twitter

20. HayLouise

Crime Lab & IMPD searching home for evidence connected to the disappearance of 8mo Amiah Robertson reported missing 3/16/19 & never showed up at babysitters in 200 blk of HOLMES Ave @WTHRcom @IMPDnews @cicrimestoppers @scoopjefferson

DF26158F-8FE9-4BF0-9B33-AAF38DF0EA1A.jpeg F94202F9-48C5-490A-8D58-07E904370779.jpeg 31CAFD0E-7C35-4C18-8EEF-DB126E60172E.jpeg

Steve Jefferson on Twitter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.