IN IN - Brookley Louks, 19, Greenwood, 24 June 2002

phenolred

Reaction score
louks_brookley2.jpg
louks_brookley4.jpg
louks_brookley7.jpg
louks_brookley8.jpg

This is a 5 yr old Missing Persons Cold Case from 2002 Greenwood Indiana just south of Indianapolis. I would love to get all my fellow websleuthers help on this case.

Its a long story but It is a missing person 19 yr old girl Brookley Louks missing June 2002, beautiful girl it was in my neighborhood. I just wish they could locate her body for her familys sake.
I am hoping I can get your help in looking for some of the Jane Does in surrounding states that might be a match to Brookley, because I do know that the prime suspect took a fishing trip days after she went missing and she was last seen at his house, I have a feeling he could have taken her or parts of her from indiana kentucky and tennesse, and possibly the other surrounding states. But I know for a fact he went to KY and TN. Just after her disappearence. They found her blood in his gargae, just drops they said not enough to show she was murdered maybe had cut herself there before... WHATEVER..... However, the word is he buried her under cement he poured in his garage right after she went missing. So why won't the police dig it up???? His name was Joe Nowicki

He also, as a pond behind his house, that we thought she could possibly be in...But i would like to check any UID to see if we could match her.
I know he is an expert at hiding bodies because prior to Brookley's disappearance, he was the suspect in a friend of his whose body they have NEVER FOUND,
....The family recently had him declared legally dead. His name was Gene Derringer, the last know person to see him was Joe Nowicki, He has also served time in prison for rape, then while out he killed a man so he was in for murder
He was also charged with attempted murder of his own sister on a different occasion.....
But here's the kicker they arrested him on other charges to get him in their custody after Brookley disappeared to try and get him to talk ( a felon in possesion of a firearm) ...and was in federal prison for a short time and he was dying with cancer they made an agreement to let him out of jail to die at home and he would TALK and let them know where Brookley was and what happened. BUT HE NEVER DID THAT......
Oh and after this previously convicted murderer was let out of jail years ago after the attempt on his sisters life he was given a heart transplant......I just wonder who else on the waiting list died waiting for a heart while this guy got a new heart just to later go out and take two more innocent lives..... THEN HE IS ALLOWED OUT OF JAIL TO DIE WITH DIGNITY AT HOME !!!! makes me sick!!! I know alout of info not made public since I have talked to people invovled with these cases.

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: June 24, 2002 from Greenwood, Indiana
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: December 12, 1982
Height and Weight: 5'2, 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Dark brown hair, blue eyes. Brookley's ears are pierced multiple times. She wore size 3 clothing at the time of her disappearance.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A light-colored blouse, dark-colored capri pants, pink sandals, and a gold ring with two hearts and diamonds around the hearts.

Droplets of blood were discovered inside Nowicki's residence during the July search. He claimed that he injured himself while working on an upholstery project and used a rag to clean the area. DNA testing confirmed the blood belonged to Brookley in September 2002. There was not enough blood there to indicate that she had been killed, however.
WOW...............................he lied about the blood :bang:

I don't think there's much to speculate about on this case...as horrible as it is..I think they're focusing on the right person. They ought to use a sonar on the yards of friends of JN.

I think you are right...just need to find out where she is at...soooo many lakes and rivers..

yes I think you are right guys I just wish we could find her. And there are friends of Nowickis that know what happend and the should be held responsible too and at least tell where her body is at.....I am going to look through my papers archives for more info that I may have forgotten....THANKS GUYS!!!

here is the information on this guys rap sheet!!! and they gave this guy a HEART TRANSPLANT unbelieveable!!!!

According to information from the Indiana Department of Correction:

· In May 1967, he was sentenced in St. Joseph County for aggravated assault and battery. He served three years in prison and was released at age 20.

· In March 1973, he pleaded guilty in Starke County to second-degree murder for the death of a man whom he had met at the Indiana Reformatory in Pendleton. That man had been shot three times in the head at close range. Nowicki escaped from prison once during his 11-year term and was released in 1984.

· In October 1985, he was sentenced for a robbery conviction in St. Joseph County. He was released from prison in 1989.

Nowicki wasn’t home Wednesday when police searched the property at 4869 Old Smith Valley Road, and county records show he isn’t the owner. He apparently resides at the home with his wife, and his father moved his camper to the property in the past few weeks and has been staying in it since.

Nowicki’s father told police that his son was on a fishing trip.

Nowicki is a 53-year-old self-employed upholsterer,

found this too Nowicki is also being investigated for another disappearance.

Gene Derringer lived in Greenwood back in 1996 when he suddenly disappeared.

Johnson County authorities say the last person to see him was Nowicki. Investigators in the now six-year-old Derringer case say they do have other more likely suspects, but Nowicki is not above suspicion.

Nichalson says, "The likelihood that one guy is involved in two missing persons that disappeared off the face of the earth without a trace is unusual."

Police found blood evidence in the Derringer house six-years-ago and now want to compare it to blood evidence found in Nowicki's house during the Louks investigation.

Both Greenwood and Johnson County authorities are taking into account Nowicki's extensive criminal history, which includes the shootings of his sister and brother-in-law in 1965 and the shooting death of a man in South Bend back in 1973.

Nowicki wasn’t home Wednesday when police searched the property at 4869 Old Smith Valley Road, and county records show he isn’t the owner. He apparently resides at the home with his wife, and his father moved his camper to the property in the past few weeks and has been staying in it since.
Nowicki’s father told police that his son was on a fishing trip.

Nowicki wasn’t home when police conducted a daylong search Wednesday of his house at 4869 Old Smith Valley Road in White River Township. He reportedly was returning from a Tennessee fishing trip. His wife arrived home late Wednesday, after detectives started removing items from the house and loading them into a truck to take to the police crime lab.

Nowicki, 53, has a record for violent crime. According to published reports, in 1965, at age 16, he shot his sister and brother-in-law. (They survived.) He was sentenced to prison in 1967 for aggravated assault and battery. He was convicted of second-degree murder in 1973 and released in 1984, then convicted of robbery in 1985 and released in 1989.

Didn't realize they were searching his house. You said Wednesday...today or last week?

Didn't realize they were searching his house. You said Wednesday...today or last week?
Sorry I should have been more clear those are quotes from OLD newspaper articles, talking about searching his house......

I just hope We can help find her, if and when she turns up as a Jane Doe or an Unidentified person in a surrounding state, esp like Tennessee. Kentucky there are many many rural places to hide someone there....mountains woods lakes etc etc or she could be somewhere around my own back door ( as in central indiana)

another great link to most newspaper articles ( where I got the above information)
http://p076.ezboard.com/fmissing87975frm127.showMessageRange?topicID=26.topic&start=1&stop=20

This is unreal. A rap sheet from 1965 (& at age 16) until 2003, cripes!! And these are "only" the ones you know about. Some one like this more than likely has a bunch of unknown. And he obviously never had a heart to begin with, so why would some one give him one; especially after seeing his track record??? I'm going to do some searching on this one & see what I can dig up. Is JLN (got the middle name {leo} from the above link) still living? I couldn't find anything in Greenwood or Johnson CO, but I was bouncing between all the links, etc. So, will devote more time later. Was his federal time due to felon in possession of fire arms? Even if they were his wife's, I don't think they are allowed in his home. But, state laws differ. He was released from Federal 7/2/2003.
http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/LocateInmate.jsp
The name has to be exact, so use Joseph. What a name, kind of says it all, except I'm betting he was Aways-icky & not just Now.
You are a true sleuther phen, glad you are on the right side!
http://www.blackbookonline.info/bbostate.htm
Another great link for searching.

Joe Died right after a judge let him out of federal prison to died at home, brookley didnt have that luxury....Joes wife still lives in that house, shes a weird one....She is very religous and she married him while he was in jail on his rape charge...Yes his federal time was felon in poss of firearm, however, they charged him with that after his finger prints were found on the guns, he claimed he was cleaning them.....But it was a way of getting him locked up and get him to tell where Brookley was at but, it didnt work......The Police have indicated after it was agreeded for him to be let out of Federal that he would telll them where and what happended to her HE NEVER DID!!!!! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP TAZ.....I WOULD LOVE TO HELP FIND THIS GIRLS BODY// and i have a feeling you just dont up and take a relaxing fishing trip right after you murdere somebody I feel he was getting rid of her and evidence along the way to Tennesse....

He also did upolstery and maybe he rolled her up in a rug like thing...I think wherever he hid Genes body he hid Brookleys body since Gene has never been found....

Two Greenwood police detectives testified about Nowicki’s criminal past.

In 1965, when he was 16, Nowicki was charged with shooting his sister and brother-in-law in South Bend.

“It appears Mr. Nowicki was taken in by his sister and brother-in-law,” Detective Jeffrey McCorkle testified. “He did not care for the rules of the house and laid in wait (for them) with two long guns and an M-1 rifle.”

The teen-age Nowicki shot the couple a total of 11 times, though they survived. Nowicki was charged and convicted as an adult in the shootings and went to prison in 1967.

Five days after his release in 1972, Nowicki shot a man in a bar in Starke County. He was convicted of second-degree murder in 1973.

While serving that sentence, Nowicki escaped from prison in 1979. He turned himself in a year and a half later. He was then released in 1984.Then in 1985, Nowicki was charged with rape and robbery in St. Joseph County. He pleaded guilty to robbery, the rape charge was dropped, and he was sentenced to prison. He was released in 1989.

Curiously, when Greenwood police questioned Nowicki recently, he claimed he murdered his sister and brother-in-law, even though both survived the shootings. The brother-in-law is still alive, though the sister died a few years ago in a car accident.

some more of his crimes

· Police also allege that Nowicki was a dealer of prescription drugs, diverting his own prescription pills for re-sale to substance abusers, McCorkle testified. One of the young men with whom Nowicki allegedly dealt drugs, Christopher R, claimed that Nowicki chased him through the yard with a loaded 12-gauge shotgun last October.

“He employed (chris) for a drug deal for Xanax,” Klinkowski testified. Reed “had lost the money, and Mr. Nowicki became enraged about that and threatened to kill him.”

Both Reed and another drug associate, Ryan B, were fearful of Nowicki, the detective said.

“At one time in the drug enterprise with Joe, he told them that if they ever double-crossed him, he would kill them,” Klinkowski testified.

· In 1996, a man filed a complaint with police that Nowicki threatened to kill him, too.

“He threatened to cut him up in pieces and put them in barrels — and put the barrels in a lake,” Klinkowski testified.

I was searching for some information and I came across an old link that doesnt work but it gives an indication that they are Interested in the REELFOOT LAKE AREA< TENNEESEE so everyone from Tennessee in that area keep an eye out...LAKE COUNTY TN

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back