IN IN - Christian Gagnon, 16, Lawrence, truck found in Noblesville, 30 Apr 2021

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, May 1, 2021.

1. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

Missing Juvenile from Hamilton County, IN.

Please help HCSO Deputies locate Christian Gagnon. Christian is a 16-year-old white male who was last seen in Lawrence, Indiana on April 30th, 2021 at 8pm.

Christian was last wearing blue jeans, black and white tennis shoes, and a fluorescent yellow shirt with “S & P Outdoor Living” on the front.

Family and friends of Christian have had no contact with him since he was last seen in Lawrence. Christian’s white Ford F-150 pickup truck was located in Noblesville, with Christian not around it.

Christian is described as a white male, 5’9’’, 150lbs, with brown curly hair (sides are short), and brown eyes.

Any information should be sent to dispatch at 317-773-1282.

[​IMG]

https://www.wrtv.com/news/public-sa...t-seen-in-lawrence-truck-found-in-noblesville

2. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Every Body's Name Matters

So do they expect he ran away, had an accident, or met with foul play? Why would he leave his truck?

3. YaYa_521

LE's FB post with the usual shares & prayers in the comments. -
    Hamilton County Sheriff's Office Indiana

His sister posted on the Noblesville Chatter FB group which has received some interesting comments. She also links to mom's FB. Mom has been updating her post regularly. I'm worried about Christian b/c I haven't noticed any posts that suggest he left voluntarily. Mom feels he's in danger and so do I. If what I've read is true, I don't like the location where his truck was found or the last time he used his phone. I wonder what he was doing and who he was with up until the time he last used his phone?

4. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Thanks, Guy.
    Things don't sound good about this 16 year-old young man. He's simply disappeared, and it's worrisome. Hoping for good news.
    @YaYa_521 asks the scary question: "Why would he leave his truck?" Yes, why indeed? SMH.
    Following...

5. YaYa_521

I checked in on Christian and noticed a new post which gives a bit more detail. MOO...Christian may have run away and may also be dealing with addiction & MH issues. I'm not sure if his "friends" are helping or hurting, but I wish someone would tell the truth.:mad: Potential runaway cases aren't so cut and dry anymore.:confused: Too many times chit goes wrong when kids are hanging out w/ friends while potentially using substances. Needless to say, too often the "friends" panic and do the wrong thing (or nothing) afterwards. :( I still don't get why he left his truck.:confused:

Oh and don't get me started on the scammers who contact MP family members. Christian's poor mom. My thoughts are with her and all who love Christian.

Cortne, everybodhi, thordis and 4 others like this.
  6. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to his family.
    I hope LE is pursing all camera footage that might show who was driving his truck, etc.

If anyone knows anything, please just be honest, be the "hero" so he can be found.

7. ogarmar

ogarmar Member

Anyone know of any updates on this one? This is essentially in my back yard. :(

Cortne, Minasmom, legalmomma and 4 others like this.
  8. GMS

GMS Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the last update I saw as of yesterday is CG is still missing.

Reports indicate his truck was found in a neighborhood behind Best Buy in Noblesville, but he was last seen in Lawrence, which I believe is about 17 miles south. I wish there was more information on how he got to Lawrence and who was the last person/s to see him there.

9. ogarmar

ogarmar Member

I saw they are now offering a $1,000 reward, and there is a detective on the case. This is close to home, so I really hope he is found safe.

Flicka1 and YaYa_521 like this.
  10. GMS

GMS Well-Known Member

After reading more reports and updates, I was trying to get a better timeline of his disappearance.

From what I understand, CG was last seen in Lawrence @ 8pm Friday. His truck was found later that night (12am - 1am) in Noblesville. CG last used his cell phone around 12:45am. His phone pinged the last time in the Henry / Madison County area, which I believe is east of Noblesville. Being local, maybe Ogarmar can confirm my directions.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    Cortne, everybodhi, Flicka1 and 3 others like this.
  11. YaYa_521

Where would that route take him? Where would a 16-year-old likely head to, if he's not with someone local? Is there a larger city nearby, perhaps one with a college/univ/happening street scene that tends to draw the runaways from the more rural areas? But then, I still don't see a 16yo leaving his truck behind...esp if he's headed to the "city".

Where are you, Christian? :(

everybodhi, Flicka1, ogarmar and 2 others like this.
  12. ogarmar

ogarmar Member

Yes, you’re correct. That area (Henry/Madison Co line) is east of Noblesville. The city of Anderson is in Madison, close to Henry. It’s a somewhat larger city, and is on the way to Muncie, where one of the larger state colleges is located (Ball State).

The locations/timeline we have right now likely puts all of his possible movements within a 30ish mile radius.

Those counties are both on the way to Ohio as well. Just for context - Lawrence is in Marion Co (east of downtown Indianapolis). I don’t know too much about Lawrence, except that I was specifically advised against living there by my realtor when I moved down to Indy area after college. It is a high crime area.

everybodhi, Flicka1 and YaYa_521 like this.
  13. ogarmar

ogarmar Member

See my post above. Based on where his cell phone pinged, he could be heading to Anderson or Muncie (college town).. or he could be heading to Ohio as well. Without knowing exactly where his cell phone pinged, I can’t say for sure which route he was taking.

I went to Ball State, which is located in Muncie. It is a semi-big party school for the state of Indiana. However, as a 16 year old, not sure what he could get into except for house parties. There are lots of drugs in the area, and sex predators. There is a group on FB that catches sex predators in the area. I’ll have to find it.

Not that any of that is relevant to this case at all, but interesting to note.

everybodhi, Flicka1 and YaYa_521 like this.
  14. ogarmar

ogarmar Member

This is what I have right now:

He could have been with some buddies in Lawrence. Maybe they got a call to come up to Muncie for the night (Ball State University). He decided to ride up that way with a buddy to save gas, and left his truck in Noblesville somewhere.

Just a guess based on the facts we currently have. I don’t know exactly where his truck was found, or the nature of how it was found. Was it left abandoned? Or was it just parked somewhere, locked up? If it was abandoned somewhere, then that would change things.

Flicka1, legalmomma and YaYa_521 like this.
  15. ogarmar

ogarmar Member

I am in lots of “Mom” and just general city/neighborhood Facebook groups in the area. I’ll post of I find any more information.

It’s just a lot of “prayers” right now.

As someone who lives in Noblesville myself, this just kind of has me shaken.

16. GMS

GMS Well-Known Member

It's my understanding his truck was found what LE classified as 'abandoned' in a neighborhood dubbed the 'duplex neighborhood' behind the Best Buy in Noblesville.

I suspect they used the term 'abandoned' because CG was not found with the vehicle, but exactly where or how the truck was parked in the neighborhood hasn't been reported, or if it was locked or showed any signs of damage or foul play.

17. Minasmom

Minasmom Active Member

Oh my!! I just stumbled on this thread & this is right in my area!! Yes, Lawrence is a rough area, to say the least.
    I'm in Anderson - I saw where someone posted above that his phone last pinged around here or near here. I'm going to do some digging into this case online & see what more I can uncover. My daughter graduated from Ball State & it's just up the road from me. I sincerely hope this young man gets home to his family safely & very very soon!!!!

18. YaYa_521

I've been wondering what LE thinks about Christian's disappearance. This is encouraging, imo.

Hamilton County Sheriff's Office look for missing teen
    3 May 2021
    Snipped
    Hamilton County Sheriff’s officials said investigators believe Gagnon is a runaway, and do not suspect foul play.

Flicka1 and everybodhi like this.
  19. everybodhi

everybodhi Well-Known Member

I hope the possibility that he’s a runaway doesn’t result in complacency because a naive and inexperienced 16 year old running around out in the world alone is vulnerable, especially if it is possible he may be experimenting with drugs.
    I would feel a little less alarmed if his truck weren’t dumped behind a Best Buy in a high crime area.
    I hope he contacts his family soon if he’s okay and just on a party binge, seems like the logical thing to do once LE is involved.

Flicka1, ogarmar and YaYa_521 like this.
  20. everybodhi

everybodhi Well-Known Member

There’s some conflicting reports on when his truck was found.
    Hamilton County Sheriff's Office look for missing teen
    Family of missing Hamilton County teen offers $1,000 reward for information - WISH-TV | Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic

Flicka1 and YaYa_521 like this.