IN - Christopher Flauding, killer who made dean's list in prison, to go free

Discussion in 'Past Trial Discussion Threads' started by OneLostGrl, Mar 12, 2006.

1. OneLostGrl

OneLostGrl I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane

Christopher Flauding was considered retarded.
    Now, 27 years after he killed a Merrillville woman, he's about to go free, a bachelor's degree in anthropology to his name.
    Flauding was 17 when he attacked Celia Villareal with a butcher knife as she walked into her far-Northwestern Indiana home.
    Now 44, Flauding disputes labels such as "borderline mentally retarded" and "a limited mind" that were attached to him -- and may have saved him from the death penalty.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060305/NEWS01/603050479/1006/NEWS01

2. Loading...

3. lostfaith

lostfaith Lost my mind too!

from the above link

Flauding's plan is to earn his commercial driver's license and drive trucks for a living.

So, that is what he is going to do with all this education. What a waste!

4. Becba

Becba Former Member

Like we need a murderer driving from location to location. Is he on any probation to stop him from going across state lines? I think he chose this profession due to his desire to kill and get away with it. He studied Anthropology...hmm. So he knows about bones and is a lot more educated this time. Strange choices for a murderer...

5. deanws

deanws Former Member

It was a waste giving a murderer a college degree in the first place. This kind of stuff pisses me off. He should be in jail for life. Mark my words, he will kill again.:twocents:

6. Becba

Becba Former Member

He has been studying anthropology and is going to be a trucker. His time behind bars has been spent researching being a killer and how to get away with it.

7. Lauren

Lauren Former Member

Gee, Glad we could pay for his education! :snooty: What a waste. Let's watch his next crime...

Thanks for reading my post!:silenced: